Win Needing help with adding TV Show Season Trailers and not episode Trailers
Here is my current TV Shows folder setup on External Hard Drive:
(G:) TV Shows> Returning "Currently finished full seasons" new episodes still stored on laptop until season is over ans then moved to hard drive in one go
(G:) TV Shows> Done "No longer airing"

Okay example of Done TV Show "Buffy The Vampire Slayer (1997)" Season 1 has a un-aired episode inside the folder as S00xE01.
Is it in the correct folder or do I need to make a new folder and move it someplace else?
Is the names for the TV Show folders okay as "Returning" and "Done" or should I change them to something else?

TV Shows are titled like this "Buffy The Vampire Slayer (1997)" and inside the folder are (7) more folders titled Season 1, Season 2 and so on for all the TV Shows.

I currently have no information for the TV Shows from Media Companion I only just finished with the Movies about a hour ago. So I want to make sure all the TV shows are organized correctly. Each TV Show has all there episodes in correct seasons folders.

Here is another issue I am having the TV Show "Forever (2014)" only has 1 season so should it have its own folder called "Season 1" and should the episodes be titled with season numbers like 01 like this "Forever (2014) - 01x01 - Pilot".

And when using trailers per season how would I name the trailers per season example buffy has 7 seasons I want a trailer per season and not per episode. so how should I name each video for the trailers and where should I store them on the hard drive?

I know there is a lot that I'm asking but I'm still new to using Kodi and so far I have figured out how to edit the movies and and the movie trailers but working with TV Shows is a bit different I guess.
Sorry did not mean to post smileys just typed the drive how it looks sorry about that.
(2024-05-08, 22:28)Dawnb Wrote: Sorry did not mean to post smileys just typed the drive how it looks sorry about that.
Use the "disable smilies" option above the Post Reply button

(2024-05-08, 22:27)Dawnb Wrote: Here is another issue I am having the TV Show "Forever (2014)" only has 1 season so should it have its own folder called "Season 1" and should the episodes be titled with season numbers like 01 like this "Forever (2014) - 01x01 - Pilot".
Season folders are optional. And because they are optional, you can either have them or not have them, and you can name them whatever you want.
I recommend using Season folders as then there is less clutter in the tvshow folder, especially when you have nfo files and local artwork.
Also, I would not use the 01x01 method and instead use the highest rated S01E01 convention.

(2024-05-08, 22:27)Dawnb Wrote: And when using trailers per season how would I name the trailers per season
Kodi does not handle season trailers.
Your best workaround is to add then into an ...\Buffy (1997)\Extras\ folder and install the Extras addon from the repo.

(2024-05-08, 22:27)Dawnb Wrote: Season 1 has a un-aired episode inside the folder as S00xE01.
It depends on how the scraper site has handled the unaired episode. Have they added it to the Specials (S00) folder? This is so the scraper can find and match it with your file, also for Media Companion to do the same, otherwise it comes back as "not found"
S00xE01 is not a valid convention. As stated above it is S00E01

FYI- the image on this page may help for tv shows... https://kodi.wiki/view/TV-Show_artwork
Also check the Episodes page.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Okay I'm trying to work with 1 TV Show currently and am having some issues:

I'm working with Motherland: Fort Salem (2020) but its not working correctly the TV seasons are named as Season 1, Season 2, Season 3 and then there is also the extra stuff from such as fanart.jpg, poster.jpg, season01-poster.jpg and season 2 and season 3. Now when I try to add it to kodi I'm messing up some how so I removed the (2020) from the done folder area since Media Companion was not using it so I tried to fix kodi by removing the Motherland - Fort Salem (2020) and making it Motherland Fort Salem and it still dose not work.

I get this instead Club Friday Season 13, Love Starts from Marriage Season 2, and Lupin Season 3. When I open Club Friday Season 13 I see 1x01. episode 1 up to 1x08 and then I see Motherland fort Salem (2020) - S01E09 - Coup.mp4 and Motherland Fort Salem (2020) - S01E10 - Witchbomb.mp4. Love Starts from Marriage Season 2 all Episodes are named correctly but the show is wrong. And for lupin episode 1 through 7 is wrong and 8,9,10 is correct.

What in the heck am I doing wrong?

Do I have the TV Show folder named incorrectly or is it something that media companion did wrong but it shows the images as jpg are all correct from the folder area. So I have no clue what I did wrong. I will be removing the "Motherland Fort Salem" from kodi and trying to fix it hopefully. But I don't know where I went wrong. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated thank you. Plus I do know the spelling for the show is Motherland: Fort Salem but I can't pt the : on the folder so I removed the - and the (2020) to see if that would fix the issue and nope. 

I figure it will be easier to work with a smaller TV Show and build my way up.

Plus how do I rename (3) trailers for placing in Extras folder. I know 1 trailer could remain in main folder as tvshow-trailer.mp4. But I don't know if I should keep the first trailer in the main area and then place the other 2 inside the Extras folder and I don't know how to rename them. Would it be the same as the first one and just adding (1) and (2). after trailer or what should I do.
(2024-05-09, 04:23)Dawnb Wrote: I get this instead Club Friday Season 13, Love Starts from Marriage Season 2, and Lupin Season 3
It sounds like you have set the Source on the wrong location.
Your TV Shows folder is Fort Salem (2020). The Source folder should be the parent folder of that.
ie ...\TV Shows 1\Fort Salem (2020) - the TV Shows 1 folder (or whatever you have named it) is the Source folder in Kodi.
Also, ensure the setting Selected folder contains a single TV show is Disabled. See image Step 9b... https://kodi.wiki/view/Adding_video_sources#Set_Content
If that is not the problem I will need a Debug Log that captures the scanning of that show.

(2024-05-09, 04:23)Dawnb Wrote: I figure it will be easier to work with a smaller TV Show and build my way up.
Yep, best way. Fix the teething problems first.

(2024-05-09, 04:23)Dawnb Wrote: Plus how do I rename (3) trailers for placing in Extras folder.
Naming is not important for what goes in the Extras folder.
The Extras addon... https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Extras is just a file browser, so it will show you all the video, image, audio and url files in the folder. And because Kodi does not scan season trailers, no proper naming is needed.
Personally, I would name it Fort Salem (2020) S01-trailer
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Okay I got it fixed here is how I have it now: All the TV shows no longer airing are in the Done folder under TV Shows and then I went to Media Companion and added all of the TV Shows show by show on the right side of the program to add shows 1 at a time so I clicked TV Shows between Movies and Music Videos and then I clicked folders and then on the right side I used "List of series folders" and then added every show from the Done folder. I then went back to the main TV Shows area and clicked on TV Shows between Movies and Home Movies. And clicked on "Search for New Episodes" even though the episodes never changed inside the folders. But I ran this anyways and it added the nfo files correct for each episode and each TV Show and also a image for each episode. So far everything is looking great for the adding movies and adding TV Shows side of things. I just have not added the extras addon yet and given it a look through.

I decided not to use the trailers for TV Shows since the episode have details anyways. So I will only be adding the trailers to movies. I tried to add trailers to Warrior but it didn't work for some odd reason. Anyways no harm no, no foul. So far I know how to correctly add Movies and TV Shows next I'm on to Anime. Hopefully it will not be to difficult.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Needing help with adding TV Show Season Trailers and not episode Trailers0