Win I am currently using media companion to help with renaming "Movies" for kodi
I need some help deciding on what "Media Companion" should look for and what kodi should look for its self. Here is what i would like to do:

I would like to edit "Media Companion" so that there are not random folders that are not used by "Kodi" I only want to get the information that is used by "Kodi" and nothing else. I will try to setup "Kodi" to look for and save the information itself on the hard drive if possible. Or add the extra info myself if needs be.

Here is how my "Media Companion" currently looks: "Media Companion - V3.7.5.7 - 64Bit"
Folders currently on program "None"

Current "Movie Preferences" - "Scraper"> Use TMDB XBMC Scraper, XBMC Scraper Preferences - TMDB box checked for "Enable fanart", "Scrap the following from IMDB - All boxes are checked", "Enable trailers from HD-Trailer.net 720P selected in drop down", "Individual Movie Folder Options - Use folder names for scraping", "Actor Sources - From TMDB", "Scraper Limits Genre - All Available, Studios 3", "Other Options TMDB - where available scrap set name", "Allow user keywords (tags)"

Current "Movie Preferences" - "Artwork"> Autoscrap artwork 1,2,3,4 all checked 5,6 not checked, Movie scraper poster priority "themoviedb.org", "IMDB", "Internet Movie Poster Awards", "Movieset artwork - Download Movieset Artwork if not already present from TMDb", "Get Fanart.TV artwork to movie collections folder", "If movies in folder, save extra artwork Allow save extra thumbnails, Allow save extra fanart", "select source for extra fanart TMDb"

Current "General"> "Display log after scraping movies", "Enable Root Folder Check", "Trailers - "Add movie trailer url to nfo file", "Download Trailers during scrape 720 if not available next one down will be chosen", "Media Options Enable MC to save Media Tags to nfo file", "Display runtime from: scraper", "Movie Filters Checked Disable "Not matching rename pattern"

Current "Renaming Movie Settings"> Both check boxes are checked for Rename Folder and Rename Files", "Rename Movie Settings", "%T(%Y)", "Ignore article options: Move all article types", "Checked - allow movie renaming by context menu or wizard", "Name Mode - Checked - Determines how ancillary files for multi-part movies are labeled", "Offline DVD title text "Please load %T Media to Play"

What should I change so that I don't have to worry about files not working correctly later on. I have not worked on or with my "Media Companion" in over 2 years plus the tutorial I seen is a few years old so this is a bit out dated. Dose anyone have any tips on what to keep and what to not keep. Thank you in advance.
I generally only use TMDB and fanart.tv.  So I download the fanart and poster.  Then also get the set art from TMDB if you want.  Recommend using a central movie set info folder tree (MSIF) to store set artwork.  But if you want any other fanart.tv art you could also select those options.

After you "search" or "refresh" you can select specific movies and use poster/fanart/fanart.tv tabs to select or change your art.

scott s.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
I am currently using media companion to help with renaming "Movies" for kodi0