Atmos icon not displayed
Hi all, I'm having an issue with Kodi 21 stable on all installations (FireTV / nVidia Shield / Windows 10). I'm using the latest v5 version of TinyMediaManager to scrape and save all metadata locally for each title in my movie library. The NFO created by TMM for each movie contains all information required (eg. resolution, video codec, HDR format, audio format, etc) and when I scan the movies into Kodi 21 using local information it generally now shows the video details for each title. There are a tiny number of titles, however, where Kodi doesn't seem to pull the audio format from the NFO, even though it is there. For example, I have the NFO for "10 Cloverfield Lane.atmos.bluray.mkv" showing that this title is sourced from a Bluray, is encoded using the H265 codec and contains an Atmos 8 channel track, but when I highlight the movie in Kodi 21 it shows all metadata details but the audio shows "???" instead of "Dolby Atmos". Is this a known issue and, if so, is there a fix?
My Theater: JVC X790R + Peerless PRG-UNV | 120" CineWhite UHD-B Screen | KODI Omega + PreShow Experience | mpv | madVR RTX 2070S | Panasonic UB420 | Denon X3600H @ 5.2.4 | 4 x ADX Maximus w/ Dayton Audio SA230 | 3 x Totem Tribe LCR + Mission M30 Surrounds + SVS PC2000 + Monolith 15 | 40" HDTV w/ MeLE N5105 + MoviePosterApp | 40TB Win10 SMB Server over Gigabit Ethernet
Is it only Atmos audio details? as Atmos is not yet a recognised format by the version of ffmpeg in v21, hence the mechanism to show audio metadata hasn't yet been updated for Atmos. You will have to change it to EAC3 or TrueHD depending on the exact type of Atmos.
(2024-04-17, 20:59)jjd-uk Wrote: Is it only Atmos audio details? as Atmos is not yet a recognised format by the version of ffmpeg in v21, hence the mechanism to show audio metadata hasn't yet been updated for Atmos. You will have to change it to EAC3 or TrueHD depending on the exact type of Atmos.
All Atmos titles in my library have the same audio details below in the NFO, but only a tiny number don't show the audio format.

<audio>
<codec>TrueHD/Atmos</codec>
<language>eng</language>
<channels>8</channels>
</audio>

It's also not just Atmos. I have a couple of DTS title that shows "???" for the audio format also.

<audio>
<codec>DTS_ES</codec>
<language>eng</language>
<channels>7</channels>
</audio>
My Theater: JVC X790R + Peerless PRG-UNV | 120" CineWhite UHD-B Screen | KODI Omega + PreShow Experience | mpv | madVR RTX 2070S | Panasonic UB420 | Denon X3600H @ 5.2.4 | 4 x ADX Maximus w/ Dayton Audio SA230 | 3 x Totem Tribe LCR + Mission M30 Surrounds + SVS PC2000 + Monolith 15 | 40" HDTV w/ MeLE N5105 + MoviePosterApp | 40TB Win10 SMB Server over Gigabit Ethernet
That's because they're not recognised formats:

Quote:ListItem.AudioCodec
Shows the audio codec of the currently selected video (common values: aac, ac3, cook, dca, dtshd_hra, dtshd_ma, eac3, mp1, mp2, mp3, pcm_s16be, pcm_s16le, pcm_u8, truehd, vorbis, wmapro, wmav2)
(2024-04-17, 21:42)Hitcher Wrote: That's because they're not recognised formats:

Quote:ListItem.AudioCodec
Shows the audio codec of the currently selected video (common values: aac, ac3, cook, dca, dtshd_hra, dtshd_ma, eac3, mp1, mp2, mp3, pcm_s16be, pcm_s16le, pcm_u8, truehd, vorbis, wmapro, wmav2)
Kodi 20 showed everything correctly. Kodi 21 is having this issue.
Estuary or a different skin?
(2024-04-17, 20:45)MidnightWatcher Wrote: I have the NFO for "10 Cloverfield Lane.atmos.bluray.mkv"
(2024-04-17, 20:59)jjd-uk Wrote: Is it only Atmos audio details?
(2024-04-17, 21:42)Hitcher Wrote: That's because they're not recognised formats:
I've split this topic into a new thread.

@MidnightWatcher It is possible the skin was displaying the icon due to the file name 10 Cloverfield Lane.atmos.bluray.mkv
Which skin are you using?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Yes the skin parsing the filename would have been the only way it could have worked. I considered adding such a thing to Estuary but decided there too much risk of false positives.
(2024-04-17, 21:59)Hitcher Wrote: Estuary or a different skin?
Doesn't show in any skin. Some are just blank where the audio format should be. Arctic Zephyr Reloaded shows just question marks.
(2024-04-17, 21:59)Karellen Wrote:
(2024-04-17, 20:45)MidnightWatcher Wrote: I have the NFO for "10 Cloverfield Lane.atmos.bluray.mkv"
(2024-04-17, 20:59)jjd-uk Wrote: Is it only Atmos audio details?
I've split this topic into a new thread.

@MidnightWatcher It is possible the skin was displaying the icon due to the file name 10 Cloverfield Lane.atmos.bluray.mkv
Which skin are you using?
In Kodi 20, yes. If atmos was in the filename it showed the Atmos icon, otherwise Dolby TrueHD. I'm using Arctic Zephyr Reloaded currently.
The difference in v21 is that by default the nfo always have priority, so you need to make sure the nfo contains details that Kodi recognises. So in v21 if you have something in the nfo Kodi doesn't recognise then nothing will be displayed, to fallback to getting details from the file contents in a form Kodi recognises you need to refresh in the info dialog selecting ignore local data.
(2024-04-17, 22:09)MidnightWatcher Wrote: m using Arctic Zephyr Reloaded
A quick test and Atmos is displayed for me using the filename 10 Cloverfield Lane.atmos.bluray.mkv with a dummy file.
I scraped the movie instead of using an nfo file. If you post the full nfo file to Kodi Paste Site, I can check it also.

My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2024-04-17, 22:29)Karellen Wrote:
(2024-04-17, 22:09)MidnightWatcher Wrote: m using Arctic Zephyr Reloaded
A quick test and Atmos is displayed for me using the filename 10 Cloverfield Lane.atmos.bluray.mkv with a dummy file.
I scraped the movie instead of using an nfo file. If you post the full nfo file to Kodi Paste Site, I can check it also.

Here it is:

https://paste.kodi.tv/maculecami

Edit: Just noticed that the filename is actually 10 Cloverfield Lane.bluray.mkv. I'll try changing it to 10 Cloverfield Lane.atmos.bluray.mkv to see if that fixes it.

Edit 2: Yep, adding "atmos" to the filename fixed it. So looks like if the NFO identifies the audio as Atmos but "atmos" is not in the filename then that confuses Kodi 21. I'll have to look at all movies with this issue and check the filename.

This also affects Bluray and DVD icons. I edited a few dozed NFOs so that the source showed "Bluray" or "DVD" but it's ignored by Kodi 21 if "bluray" or "dvd" is not included in the filename.
(2024-04-18, 01:04)MidnightWatcher Wrote: Edit 2: Yep, adding "atmos" to the filename fixed it. So looks like if the NFO identifies the audio as Atmos but "atmos" is not in the filename then that confuses Kodi 21. I'll have to look at all movies with this issue and check the filename.
You're confusing 2 different things here:
1. atmos in the NFO will do nothing as it's not a recognised audio codec label as I said earlier.
2. atmos in the file name will only work if the skin is checking the file name for specific labels.

(2024-04-18, 01:04)MidnightWatcher Wrote: This also affects Bluray and DVD icons. I edited a few dozed NFOs so that the source showed "Bluray" or "DVD" but it's ignored by Kodi 21 if "bluray" or "dvd" is not included in the filename.
Again, source in an NFO is ignored by Kodi as it's not a supported info label - the only way to display the source in a skin is if it checks the file name for the label.
OK, I'll ask the creator of Arctic Zephyr Reloaded if they can force using NFO data.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Atmos icon not displayed0