Solved Change in Action(Info) since alpa 1 ?
I started testing the Omega Beta 1 release and am noticing where the Action(Info) function to get video information doesn't appear to be working with ListItems.  Kodi returns a dialog box with "No Video Information Available".  I enabled debug logging and I don't see it launching the DialogViideoInformation window xml file.   I had not tested Omega since the Alpha 1 release and but it works fine.  I don't have Alpha 2 but this isn't working with Alpha 3 or the Beta 1 releases. 

I've tested with both the Estuary and Confluence skins.  If I click on the Information button in the skin for ListItems I get the same results.  If I click on Information from the native non-ListItem normal Kodi interface I get the correct video information.  

An additional note it works fine with audio / music listitems.  I am just seeing the issue with videos. 

Thanks,

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.
Can you please tell where to find this „Information button in the skin for ListItems“? And what is „ the native non-ListItem normal Kodi interface„? Doesn’t ring a bell for me.
(2023-10-20, 14:11)ksooo Wrote: Can you please tell where to find this „Information button in the skin for ListItems“? And what is „ the native non-ListItem normal Kodi interface„? Doesn’t ring a bell for me.

Thanks for the quick response.  I apologize for my loose references.  

Here's what I refer to as non-ListItem normal Kodi interface.  This works:

Here's the same movie as a listitem in my addon.  The Information button here no longer calls the DialogVideoInformation window xml file to display the video information.

Thanks,

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.
Working fine for me on Windows. Post a debug log please.
(2023-10-20, 16:12)Hitcher Wrote: Working fine for me on Windows. Post a debug log please.

Here's the logfile.   I don't see DialogVideoInfo.xml being called (window 12003). 

Thanks,

Jeff
> The Information button here no longer calls the DialogVideoInformation window xml file to display the video information.

Can you post an example of a path for a movie item not working (is it something like https://... ?
Are those not working movies scraped to the Kodi video database?
(2023-10-20, 18:23)ksooo Wrote: > The Information button here no longer calls the DialogVideoInformation window xml file to display the video information.

Can you post an example of a path for a movie item not working (is it something like https://... ?
Are those not working movies scraped to the Kodi video database?

They all are in the Kodi database and play fine.  My addon inserts them into the database and all the information.  None of them provide video information now when I click on the information button.  But even if they weren't in the database, as a listitem where I provide all of the information they should show  the listitem information when I press information. This has worked since Kodi very early versions of Kodi and up through Omega alpha 1. 

Here's a typical URL in the Kodi database:   http://192.168.0.34:53168/content/tazvl47610x88a1.mkv

As a test, I cleared my Kodi video database and the listitem info issue remains. 

Thanks,

Jeff
From the code, for me it looks like kodi cannot find information for the item in the video database.
(2023-10-20, 18:45)ksooo Wrote: From the code, for me it looks like kodi cannot find information for the item in the video database.

Why would a lisitem need to go to the database if the information is passed via the listitem itself ?   This works from the native Kodi interface and has worked up till alpha 1.  Between alpha 1 and alpha 3 the database was incremented to 122 but the data  is in the database.  You can see the listitem info being passed to Kodi via the screen  where you can see the description,  resume time and artwork etc...  If I click on the listitem the video plays.  If I load alpha 1 back over top and make no changes everything works. 

Thanks,

Jeff
No doubt that something broke here. No need to argument for that. I’m just trying to understand the details, okay?
(2023-10-20, 19:34)ksooo Wrote: No doubt that something broke here. No need to argument for that. I’m just trying to understand the details, okay?

No problem.  Sorry.  Is there a link to the alpha 2 code (Windows x64)  so I can try and help narrow this down ?  Also note that I am not seeing this with music listitems, just video listitems.  I also tried the latest beta1 nightly and still see the issue.  I didn't want to waste time if this had already been fixed.

Thanks,

Jeff
(2023-10-20, 19:12)jbinkley60 Wrote: Why would a lisitem need to go to the database if the information is passed via the listitem itself ?
I don't think that's how it works. The video info dialog needs the database ID to then lookup all the info from the database - there's a lot more info than there are list item labels.
(2023-10-20, 19:43)jbinkley60 Wrote:
(2023-10-20, 19:34)ksooo Wrote: No doubt that something broke here. No need to argument for that. I’m just trying to understand the details, okay?

No problem.  Sorry.  Is there a link to the alpha 2 code (Windows x64)  so I can try and help narrow this down ?  Also note that I am not seeing this with music listitems, just video listitems.  I also tried the latest beta1 nightly and still see the issue.  I didn't want to waste time if this had already been fixed.

Thanks,

Jeff
Could you give this test build (based on latest kodi master + patch for this issue) a try and report back here?

=> http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/windo...ck-x64.exe

In case the link does not work, try again after some time. Mirror network sometimes is slow.
(2023-10-20, 20:26)Hitcher Wrote:
(2023-10-20, 19:12)jbinkley60 Wrote: Why would a lisitem need to go to the database if the information is passed via the listitem itself ?
I don't think that's how it works. The video info dialog needs the database ID to then lookup all the info from the database - there's a lot more info than there are list item labels.
That's not quite correct, @Hitcher. If the add-on fills a video info tag (not sure this is the case here) the dialog will take information directly from this video tag, no video database entry required, then.
(2023-10-20, 21:09)ksooo Wrote: Could you give this test build (based on latest kodi master + patch for this issue) a try and report back here?

=> http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/windo...ck-x64.exe

In case the link does not work, try again after some time. Mirror network sometimes is slow.

That resolved the issue.  Thank you so much.  I am seeing one other item, an error when I do a resume playback.  I don't see it when I play from the beginning. 

Here's a screenshot, it looks like a JSON RPC error or database error.:

Here's the debug log.  This error occurs whether I play the video as a listitem or directly from the Kodi Movie library.  It happens on all movies / TV Shows when I try to do a resume playback.  It starts playback in the right spot but just pops up the error on the screen.

Thanks,

Jeff

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Change in Action(Info) since alpa 1 ?0