Android Xiaomi Mi Box S 2nd Gen (2023) - Kodi problems
Question 
Today i got the new Xiaomi Mi Box S 2nd Gen: https://www.mi.com/global/product/xiaomi...s-2nd-gen/

But with Kodi i have 2 problems:

1. Auto framerate switch doesnt work. I activated the feature: https://androidpctv.com/tutorial-judder-...on_Android
Curiously there are only one option on the resolution whitelist (1080p)?!
All movies played in 60Hz Undecided

2. HDR switch doesnt work. Tested a few MKV files with HDR10 content but TV stays on SDR (MP4 file with Dolby Vision works).

Any ideas?
Its very sad beacause these features works on my very old Mi Box 3 ...

Thank you guys!
TV: Metz Novum 55 OLED Made in Germany | UHD BD Player: Sony UBP-X700 | Streaming Player: Apple TV 4K (2. Gen), Nvidia Shield TV Pro (2019), Xiaomi Mi Box 3
Hello. Same here... And there is something strange with sound sometimes the sound interrupts
Habe sie auch seit heute funktioniert nur 1980x1020 :o(
Very sad, i'll send it back.
TV: Metz Novum 55 OLED Made in Germany | UHD BD Player: Sony UBP-X700 | Streaming Player: Apple TV 4K (2. Gen), Nvidia Shield TV Pro (2019), Xiaomi Mi Box 3
I got the same box.
Can't play DTS-HD formats, it gets transformed to DTS, which is ok-ish for me.
But what is not ok is transforming DOLBY-HD format in PCM 2.0...  No
I'm going to have to find another device...
Guys same, yesterday i bought this box and no DTSHD / TRUE HD....i only GET ATMOS on specific films I dont understand why. Frame is slover than audio realy bad.
I have described my problem here, unable to connect my Xiaoimi Box to my PCserver, sent my log file as required and no solution was provided.

From what I read above on other problems Xiaomi 2nd gen owners are having, either the hardware or software seems to be very buggy. Did I waste my money?

Also bought, at the same time, a Mecool TV Box that is working fine. Has Xiaomi then become an unreliable brand who don't care for their customers?

There's not even a specific Xiaomi forum or place where to file a complaint about TV devices problems.

Are there other alternatives?

Please don't tell me this question shouldn't be here.
(2023-08-02, 07:08)Spec257 Wrote: Guys same, yesterday i bought this box and no DTSHD / TRUE HD....i only GET ATMOS on specific films I dont understand why. Frame is slover than audio realy bad.

My guess is that you are getting Atmos on content with Dolby Digital Plus with Atmos Extensions which is being bitstreamed/passed through (common on streaming platforms and secondary audio tracks on Blu-rays), but aren't getting Atmos on content with Dolby True HD with Atmos Extensions (common on Blu-ray for the main track) that is being decoded to 2.0 PCM (or a companion DD track is being passed through)
Any guy here who can test another player app ("Just Player" https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...ken.player ) on his Mi Box S 2nd Gen?

Would be very nice if someone could check a few things for me Angel
I'm using Xiaomi Mi TV Box S 2nd Gen with Audio setting set to Passthrough.

running youtube DTS test from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijSYp6N5Yrs works fine - every speaker of my 5.1 system is being played correctly.

I've download the file from Youtube and tested it with kodi running on my pc to make sure it downloaded correctly => DTS works fine.

I have kodi 21.0 installed on the TV Box with the following setting:
    System -> Audio:
        Audio output device = "AudioTrack (IEC), Kodi IEC packer (recommended)" - this is the ONLY available option
When i play the same DTS test file with "Allow Passthrough" enabled (see attached picture) it only plays 2.0 channel.

ImageImage

So my conclusion is that the problem is not with the Tv Box, as the DTS playback works fine from youtube.
Is there another setting in Kodi that can fix this or is this a bug?
(2024-05-06, 18:08)impeham Wrote: I'm using Xiaomi Mi TV Box S 2nd Gen with Audio setting set to Passthrough.

running youtube DTS test from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijSYp6N5Yrs works fine - every speaker of my 5.1 system is being played correctly.

I've download the file from Youtube and tested it with kodi running on my pc to make sure it downloaded correctly => DTS works fine.

I have kodi 21.0 installed on the TV Box with the following setting:
    System -> Audio:
        Audio output device = "AudioTrack (IEC), Kodi IEC packer (recommended)" - this is the ONLY available option
When i play the same DTS test file with "Allow Passthrough" enabled (see attached picture) it only plays 2.0 channel.

So my conclusion is that the problem is not with the Tv Box, as the DTS playback works fine from youtube.

Is there another setting in Kodi that can fix this or is this a bug?
What? YouTube does not have or play DTS files.

Download test clips of DTS from this page:

https://kodi.wiki/view/Samples

Also, have you enabled Expert mode for KODI settings?
  • Then can enable AudioTrack(RAW) for Passthrough mode
  • Then select the different Codecs your connected devices support
  • Then test again using actual DTS files
My Friend, about youtube - you are wrong - you can test the video in the link i sent yourself.
with the test clips using kodi i get the same behavior - only stereo 2.0 is outputted.

I'm always using expert mode - this is the first setting i change everywhere I use it. these are the screenshots from the audio settings:
"Then can enable AudioTrack(RAW) for Passthrough mode" - there is no option like that
"Then select the different Codecs your connected devices support" - there is no codecs to choose from besides the one seen in the picture.
(2024-05-06, 20:02)impeham Wrote: ... there is no option like that
... there is no codecs to choose from besides the one seen in the picture.

The screenshots don't show the Passthrough settings, did you even scroll down and look at all the settings?
yes i have - there is no setting like that there - this is the screenshot of the lower lines of the audio settings:

That's very odd.
  • What is the Android » Settings » Sound option selected?
  • Did you select AUTO, Manual, Passthrough, or PCM/Never?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xiaomi Mi Box S 2nd Gen (2023) - Kodi problems0