Req New Kodi infolabel - ListItem.Theme
Now that Kodi P… is in its initial stage, I believe it’s an opportune moment to propose a new feature. Many users enjoy listening to a few seconds of the main theme from a TV show or movie while browsing their library—it’s undeniably cool. It requires users to add a theme.mp3 file to the movie or TV show folder. Subsequently, the skin relies on a Skin Helper add-on to verify whether the file actually exists on the hard drive before playing it. Unfortunately, this approach is quite inefficient, especially on less powerful devices.
I guess it would be much better if, when updating the video library, Kodi would check if a theme.mp3 file exists, and if so, then the path would be added to a new field in the video library. Afterward, that path should be available through a new infolabel, for instance ListItem.Theme (much in the same way as ListItem.Trailer).
This would make much easier for skinners to add this feature and would certainly make browsing much snappier. Even if a skinner wouldn’t want to use it when browsing media in his skin, it would be very useful for adding a button in the Info Dialog screen and let the user listen to the theme. Thanks!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, please click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Kodi infolabel - ListItem.Theme0