Solved Can’t access TV shows information
Hi, everyone.

Since the latest Kodi update I can’t add new tv shows to the library. I can’t even go into the information page of the shows that already are on the library. I don’t have this problem with the movies. Debudding won’t pick up anything.

I’m using kodi on a Xiami TV box.

Is this some known bug?
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
Like I said, nothing comes up on the logs. I hit “Information” on some tv show, and nothing happens.
There might be something that will help us that doesn't standout to you but without a full debug log there's nothing more we do to help, sorry.
I’m using a smartbox. I don’t even know how to export a log.
Quote:...or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.
Sorry, I missed that bit.

Here it is.

I tried to access the info page of one series and I also tried scanning for new content. Nothing worked.
Anything?
(2024-04-28, 19:10)RickOier Wrote: I tried to access the info page of one series and I also tried scanning for new content. Nothing worked.
I can't see any problems in the log that would not allow you to enter the information page of a tv show.

One problem I do see is that you are using TVDB v4 scraper and you have set DVD Order as the Season Type in the scraper settings page.
If the show you are trying to scrape does not have a DVD Order listed, then it won't scrape. That is the problem with your Season 16 of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia show.
Change back to Default order, and only change to DVD Order when needed, and change it on the tv show, not the source folder.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
But I can’t go to the tv show page of any show. I don’t want to uninstall and reinstall Kodi because I don’t want to lose the entire library. Any ideas?
Are you able to create a short video showing you browsing through Kodi?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I found a workabout!

Before I had my folders as such:

Series folder > TV show folders > episodes. I would attribute the "TV show" content to the TV show folders and then scan it to library or for new content. But for whatever reason, now I have to do that to the series folder and THEN scan TV show folder.
(2024-05-01, 11:21)Karellen Wrote: Change back to Default order, and only change to DVD Order when needed, and change it on the tv show, not the source folder.

How do I do that, btw?
(2024-05-04, 23:33)RickOier Wrote: How do I do that, btw?
https://kodi.wiki/view/Changing_Scrapers
When you get to Step 3 select Settings and change the Season Order to Default.
My Signature
(2024-05-04, 12:34)RickOier Wrote: Before I had my folders as such:

Series folder > TV show folders > episodes. I would attribute the "TV show" content to the TV show folders and then scan it to library or for new content. But for whatever reason, now I have to do that to the series folder and THEN scan TV show folder.
If you set "TV shows" content on the tv shows directories, then you must also turn on "Selected folder contains a single TV show" in the same settings screen.
If you set "TV shows" content on the series folder containing the tv shows, then "Selected folder contains a single TV show" has to be disabled.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can’t access TV shows information0