Bogus TV show masks all Actual TV shows
I have a miniseries showing up under my TV Shows that I NEVER added. I could live with that, if it were not for the fact that this one show is masking all of the TV shows that I ACTUALLY loaded! I don't think that it matters, but the miniseries is "Love Exposure: The TV-Show", which I believe had 10 episodes. Kodi, however, thinks that it has 642 episodes ready to be viewed!

I've tried removing my sources, cleaning my database, re-adding everything and STILL this one show stays around!

This link,  shows snapshots of information requested and images of actual issue. Kodi is running as a flatpak under Linux Mint.

If there are any questions that aren't answered by the images, please let me know.

AdvTHANKSance

Don
(2024-04-26, 01:39)ng1951vt Wrote: I have a miniseries showing up under my TV Shows that I NEVER added.
That looks like an error in the way you have set up your Source.

You have either added a Source folder that is not the immediate parent folder of the tv shows, or you have enabled the setting "This source contains a single tv show" in the source settings.
Can you provide a Debug Log that captures and Update Library.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2024-04-26, 01:39)ng1951vt Wrote: Love Exposure: The TV-Show
That's definitely a sign that you've set the parent folder as the root for your TV show source - Kodi then scans a 'TV Shows' and finds 'Love Exposure: The TV-Show'.
I've added a single "TV-Shows" folder as the data source for TV Shows. This has sub folders for each of the TV Shows I've saved, NOTE: "Love Exposure" is NOT one of those folders! Searching for "exposure" starting at TV Shows shows nothing. I've checked the "Each Folder contains a single tv show" option for the data source.
The log file can be found here.

I'm totally lost as to how this is showing up. Hope that someone more experienced in this can explain what's going on!!
(2024-04-27, 01:36)ng1951vt Wrote: The log file can be found here.
You didn't run an update library.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Sad 
My bad!   After updating the library and using the "Logfile Uploader" I'm getting the "File is too large" message. 
Found the log file and managed to upload it here.
You have a lot of movies that are not scanned into the library, nor will they scan into the library - 131 from a quick search.
Can you check item 1d in this link and ensure the setting is disabled... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=336969

As for TV Shows, can you check image 9b here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Adding_video_sources#Set_Content
On your setup, ensure the setting Selected folder contains a single TV show is disabled.
And can you confirm that your Source is set on /mnt/mounted/tv-shows/, not on /mounted/ or /mnt/
My Signature
Quote:Can you check item 1d in this link and ensure the setting is disabled... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=336969
I did that and made the change.
Quote:As for TV Shows, can you check image 9b here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Adding_video_sources#Set_Content
On your setup, ensure the setting Selected folder contains a single TV show is disabled.
My "tv shows" source was already set up and I couldn't figure out how to examine it. I removed and re-added it and made sure that the setting was disabled
Quote:And can you confirm that your Source is set on /mnt/mounted/tv-shows/, not on /mounted/ or /mnt/
When I re-added the data source I made sure it was pointing to the correct place.  Once I did that and updated the library, things worked correctly!  Big Grin
The part about this whole thing that baffles me is that "Love Exposure: The TV Show", a show that I NEVER DOWNLOADED was what happened to be selected as "the" TV Show!
Where'd THAT come from? (Not really expecting an answer to that one....I figure it's FM  Wink )
At any rate, it's working now.  Thanks VERY MUCH for your help!

Don
I guess some people get confused and think simply highlighting a TV Show folder and then clicking OK is how it work but you to actually enter the TV Show folder first.
(2024-04-27, 03:22)ng1951vt Wrote: The part about this whole thing that baffles me is that "Love Exposure: The TV Show", a show that I NEVER DOWNLOADED was what happened to be selected as "the" TV Show!
Where'd THAT come from?
The scraper scanned /mnt/mounted and found the folder tv-shows and then matched it to 'Love Exposure: The TV Show'.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bogus TV show masks all Actual TV shows0