Enlarging font size of Estuary: where to put Font.xml
All fonts in Font.xml I have increased by about 10 percent.

According to mod edit - removed
I put the file via special://home into home/addons/skin.estuary/1080i/
The directory skin.estuary didn't exist, so I added it. I also have tried changing
the 1080i into xml, but there was no difference.

Under Linux I have changed /usr/share/kodi/addons/skin.estuary/xmll/Font.xml successfully.
However, putting it in .kodi/addons/skin.esturary/xml didn't work.

I don't have writing access to special://xbmc/addons/skin.estuary/xml/Font.xml
In which directory Font.xml should be put in Android?
Links to that site are not allowed here, as it also contains all sorts of piracy tutorials and recommendations.

Thread also moved to Estuary support.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
I also have put under Linux Font.xml in
./kodi/media/
./kodi/media/xml/
./kodi/media/fonts/
./kodi/userdata/
but Font.xml will not be read.

I tried in special://xbmc/addons/skin.estuary/xml/ to rename a file and this is
possible -> my assumption of not having write access seems to be wrong.

Increasing the font by 10 percent is fine (only Gismeteo misses parts of words).
I increased fonts up to 45 points by 20% and larger fonts by 10%: Gismeteo and
some text of thumbnails of favorites are missing sometimes a part of a word.
No problem.

Concluding: use special://xbmc and adapt Font.xml to change font size.

However, I was wondering why Font.xml is ignored in my profile: this should
have been easier than editing system files.
The font.xml is a skin file hence you have to change the file within the skin folder. Rather than the risky action of editting stuff in the system folders you can copy the whole skin.estuary folder to your ./kodi/addons folder and change it there, since anything there will take priority over the system folder.
(2024-04-19, 19:11)jjd-uk Wrote: copy the whole skin.estuary folder to your ./kodi/addons folder and change it there, since anything there will take priority over the system folder.

Now I have copied the whole skin.estuary folder, but unfortunately changing ./kodi/addons/skin.estuary/xml/Font.xml does not have any effect: the file is being ignored.
(2024-04-20, 10:06)Johpin Wrote: the file is being ignored.

Correction: file is being read (I tested too quickly).

jjd-uk Wrote: copy the whole skin.estuary folder to your ./kodi/addons folder and change it there, since anything there will take priority over the system folder.

Thanks, it works. Could you (or somebody else) add this information to Fonts (wiki)? I expect it will help other users.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Enlarging font size of Estuary: where to put Font.xml0