Solved Missing infolabel?
In my skin, I have something similar for Music.  I'm big on Quad/Multi-channel, music, so I added a source display for  albums.  (icons for things like "Q4", "Q8", "CD-4",  "CQ", "SACD", "BDA", "DVDA", "Upmix", etc.) 

As there is no field in kodi to store that sort of thing, I require the user to add "(Quad Q4)" or similar to the Album name, and then parse that to determine which (if any) source icon to display for the album.

Since I need to display that at the album level, using filenames doesn't cut it (as there's no file in scope when it lists the artist's albums)

If there was a "source" field in the DB at the album level, and a standard convention on how to populate it (whether that is via NFO, or via a tag on the file, or via filename convention), that would be totally awsome.   So if "media source" becomes a thing, I'd like to see it across the board, and not limited to videos.  (and maybe a manager similar to the video versions, where you can even dynamically create a new "source type" on the fly would also be awsome)
I started using VideoVersions as the source tag since there are options there for "Blu-Ray" "DVD" etc.
To me this makes most sense since I consider DVD vs Blu-Ray etc. as different versions and that's why I would want to know that info (e.g. VHS vs DVD vs Blu-Ray editions of Star Wars).

Code:

$INFO[ListItem.VideoVersionName,version/,.png]

Then it is as simple as making a versions folder with png flags that match the common version names
https://github.com/jurialmunkey/skin.arc...or/version
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
Using versions works but proper support could be interesting.
Media Companion apparently populates a non-standard "videosource" tag in the generated nfo.
For embedded tags, Matroska has a ORIGINAL_MEDIA_TYPE, there is ID3 v2.3 TMED (media). I didn't find an equivalent for Vorbis comment/flac but it may be SOURCEMEDIA according to https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Support/Tags

edit: this should go to "Feature requests"
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
(2024-04-15, 00:42)jurialmunkey Wrote: I started using VideoVersions as the source tag since there are options there for "Blu-Ray" "DVD" etc.
To me this makes most sense since I consider DVD vs Blu-Ray etc. as different versions and that's why I would want to know that info (e.g. VHS vs DVD vs Blu-Ray editions of Star Wars).

Code:

Then it is as simple as making a versions folder with png flags that match the common version names

How does video versions work for items in the library that don't have multiple versions? And did you have to go through and manually choose the correct version for each item in your library? Or do you mean that you use video versions for this only on items that are versions?
(2024-04-15, 18:17)CrystalP Wrote: Using versions works but proper support could be interesting.
Media Companion apparently populates a non-standard "videosource" tag in the generated nfo.
For embedded tags, Matroska has a ORIGINAL_MEDIA_TYPE, there is ID3 v2.3 TMED (media). I didn't find an equivalent for Vorbis comment/flac but it may be SOURCEMEDIA according to https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Support/Tags

edit: this should go to "Feature requests"

Do you just link back to this thread for that or is there a whole process?
Kodi: Nexus v20.5 | Skin: Madnox.redux : Current Version: 20.00.11 | Forum | Madnox.redux v3 Repo
Mr. V's Original Source
@realcopacetic You can set a version name on your only instance of a movie through the versions manager dialog. It's a lot of manual work though, no nfo support for that either.

@kittmaster no it's not a whole process. Create a thread in the feature requests sub-forum with the information already discussed here. Nothing wrong with also adding a link back to here.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
(2024-04-15, 21:11)realcopacetic Wrote:
(2024-04-15, 00:42)jurialmunkey Wrote: I started using VideoVersions as the source tag since there are options there for "Blu-Ray" "DVD" etc.

Code:

How does video versions work for items in the library that don't have multiple versions? And did you have to go through and manually choose the correct version for each item in your library? Or do you mean that you use video versions for this only on items that are versions?

You have to manually set them, but every Movie has a "version" even if there is only one - so it works for any movie. Off the top of my head, I think the default version is "Standard Edition".

I just went through my library and anything where I care about what version it is I tagged it as such even if I only have the one copy and it works well.

Code:

Keep in mind that label $INFO[ListItem.VideoVersionName] is translate.

I mean in english language "Director's Cut" is translate to "Coupe du réalisateur" in french or "Montaje del director" in spanish.
This depends directly on the language set in Kodi

if I may make a comment for Kodi Team:

IMHO translate "ListItem.VideoVersionName" that is not a good idea.
I m french and the english is current language when we speak about version in french language. I don't know for other language...
Nobody says I bought the "Coupe du réalisateur" of this movie. 
We say I bought the "Director's Cut" of this movie.

You see what I mean ?
(2024-04-16, 09:29)Nanomani Wrote:

Code:

Keep in mind that label $INFO[ListItem.VideoVersionName] is translate.

I mean in english language "Director's Cut" is translate to "Coupe du réalisateur" in french or "Montaje del director" in spanish.
This depends directly on the language set in Kodi

if I may make a comment for Kodi Team:

IMHO translate "ListItem.VideoVersionName" that is not a good idea.
I m french and the english is current language when we speak about version in french language. I don't know for other language...
Nobody says I bought the "Coupe du réalisateur" of this movie. 
We say I bought the "Director's Cut" of this movie.

You see what I mean ?

You can manually enter version names too. You don't have to use the set values.

I agree with you about translation values (it should be an ID not a localization), but it is important to note that the original PR for this feature came from someone external to the team. A lot of work was done by team members to get that original PR into a passable state to avoid it blocking the Omega release any longer, but it is definitely not in the state or approach that anyone would've really liked it to be.
(2024-04-16, 11:15)jurialmunkey Wrote: You can manually enter version names too. You don't have to use the set values.

Thanks for your feed back. I m know this possibility.
For me the english list is just perfect...

In a perfect world if we could choose to keep the English for this part it would be very practical.
everyone here works in their free time. so if something happens in the future it's good otherwise it doesn't matter. Smile

It's just a pleasure to share my experience. Nothing more

(2024-04-16, 11:15)jurialmunkey Wrote: but it is important to note that the original PR for this feature came from someone external to the team. A lot of work was done by team members to get that original PR into a passable state to avoid it blocking the Omega release any longer, but it is definitely not in the state or approach that anyone would've really liked it to be.

To be clear I am very happy that this feature is released.
And I know that it couldn't be final and perfect in the time allotted.
The Kodi team has worked hard to make this possible. Smile
Just to get back, the
xml:
<source></source>
that MediaCompanion writes to nfo file is only used by MC.  Kodi ignores it on scanning.  The tags read in mkv and mp4 come from ffmpeg and were selected based on general opinion what was useful / could be directly added to the video database (no new attributes/db changes).

FWIW I test on eg
Code:
String.Contains(VideoPlayer.VideoVersionName,$LOCALIZE[40400])
to display (or not) the version name.

scott s.
(2024-04-18, 00:34)scott967 Wrote: Just to get back, the
xml:
<source></source>
that MediaCompanion writes to nfo file is only used by MC.  Kodi ignores it on scanning.  The tags read in mkv and mp4 come from ffmpeg and were selected based on general opinion what was useful / could be directly added to the video database (no new attributes/db changes).

FWIW I test on eg
Code:
String.Contains(VideoPlayer.VideoVersionName,$LOCALIZE[40400])
to display (or not) the version name.

scott s.

It should be  <videosource>WebDL</videosource> in the nfo not <source>

So in the 2nd, did it return a value?
Kodi: Nexus v20.5 | Skin: Madnox.redux : Current Version: 20.00.11 | Forum | Madnox.redux v3 Repo
Mr. V's Original Source
(2024-04-18, 00:38)kittmaster Wrote: It should be  <videosource>WebDL</videosource> in the nfo not <source>
That is also ignored by Kodi.

See info label: https://kodi.wiki/view/InfoLabels#ListItem
(2024-04-18, 09:51)Hitcher Wrote:
(2024-04-18, 00:38)kittmaster Wrote: It should be  <videosource>WebDL</videosource> in the nfo not <source>
That is also ignored by Kodi.

See info label: https://kodi.wiki/view/InfoLabels#ListItem

Yes, I know, I just wanted to correct the record because I double check the NFO directly and the callout mentioned was incorrect, as of today's version 3.7.6.4, it is <videosource>. is all.

Smile
Mr. V's Original Source

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Missing infolabel?0