Solved Missing infolabel?
https://kodi.wiki/view/InfoLabels

Is there a missing value for "source". In Media Companion, source is to select "bluray", "DVD", "WEBDL" etc.

In my media flag retooling, I realized that I can't depend on filename as most will not have the strings based on naming and must revert to the actual tags of the file. All of my files (I'm a rigid tagger) has the source and WEBDL is needed to enable to the flag because it does not exist in the filename. 

So is this a missing infolabel since source seems to be part of all of the taggers out there and not an obscure tag. It is either late and I'm missing it, or I'm just missing it.... is it really missing?

Thanks.
Kodi: Nexus v20.5 | Skin: Madnox.redux : Current Version: 20.00.11 | Forum | Madnox.redux v3 Repo
Mr. V's Original Source
Yes there's no such info label. I guess the problem is that sort of infomust be added manually and there would be no way for it to be automated in core/native Kodi library functionality.

There are tags in Kodi, is there an easy way for you to add Blu-ray / DVD etc as the tags in Kodi? I don't use them so not sure how easy they are to add, but there's a listitem.tag you can read
Tags can be absolutely anything and as such don't relate to the source.

Every skin that I know of will only display the source if it's in the file names, so if user want to have them displayed in a skin they have to add them to the file name.
Yes, but Kodi supports MKV embedded tag reading, so source would be a tag field that should be returned, parsed and be able to be displayed/checked, no?

I realized FFMPEG is limited, but if it wasn't for the MKV specification, then I wouldn't have asked about it now. Filename is a lousy way to do this since it isn't normal convention for tagging and scrapping, especially when all the artwork is dependent on it.

Does artwork beef and other scrapers rename the filename physically after a scrape? I don't use that so I'm not sure. 

I use Media companion exclusively because of my artwork tracking and requirements that can't be done with scripts.

Sans all that, is there any other way to determine "webdl" outside of having it within the filename?
Kodi: Nexus v20.5 | Skin: Madnox.redux : Current Version: 20.00.11 | Forum | Madnox.redux v3 Repo
Mr. V's Original Source
I think Hitcher is right.
What about embedded tags for mp4, wav, ts, avi, webm, divx, vob, iso? For things like this, it seems best to go the filename route.

For example, Aeon Nox uses filename matching to show web dl, Bluray, DVD, HDTV, etc but falls back to video codec. That would leave it up to the user to either name the files with those terms or see the codec instead.
I think filename plus Listitem.tag would be best you can do. Not sure what tag management is like but it could give a way to support this via thirdparty management tools or even the user to do it directly. But most skins just do filenames so that's reasonable as an expectation I think
(2024-04-14, 13:16)kittmaster Wrote: Yes, but Kodi supports MKV embedded tag reading, so source would be a tag field that should be returned, parsed and be able to be displayed/checked, no?
Only very limited support:

https://kodi.wiki/view/Video_file_tagging

(2024-04-14, 13:16)kittmaster Wrote: Sans all that, is there any other way to determine "webdl" outside of having it within the filename?
Nope.
(2024-04-14, 15:19)Hitcher Wrote:
(2024-04-14, 13:16)kittmaster Wrote: Yes, but Kodi supports MKV embedded tag reading, so source would be a tag field that should be returned, parsed and be able to be displayed/checked, no?
Only very limited support:

https://kodi.wiki/view/Video_file_tagging
(2024-04-14, 13:16)kittmaster Wrote: Sans all that, is there any other way to determine "webdl" outside of having it within the filename?
Nope.

How unfortunate..... which is strange when you look at the 30,000 foot view of what Kodi is..... a media player.

TY.
Mr. V's Original Source
Can you name another media player that extracts the source of a file from a tag?
(2024-04-14, 15:28)Hitcher Wrote: Can you name another media player that extracts the source of a file from a tag?

Well to be honest, this isn't coming from the tags, it is coming from the NFO on import, and almost all of my MP4 files are completely baron of any type of meta data. I hadn't really thought much about it right up until this second that you asked. I will plug in a tag called source and see if I can even answer the question, but based on the workflow and import method, in my particular case, a tag would not matter.

My initial thoughts were fleeting, webdl would never existing in my filenames as they are formed like: Quantum of Solace (Blu-Ray, Remastered) (2008)

And that file when viewed in MP3TAG viewing extended tags are completely blank, but that file is a "WEBDL" as a source. Media companion has that data within the NFO and I "assume" that is passed into Kodi (will do a database snoop after I post this).

But I do see your point and where it is going, so while my workflow is very directional, I am just trying to accommodate multiple use cases is all and not have to justify why it works one way this way and not the other and all the mental gymnatics that goes with it all....
Mr. V's Original Source
(2024-04-14, 15:49)kittmaster Wrote: My initial thoughts were fleeting, webdl would never existing in my filenames as they are formed like: Quantum of Solace (Blu-Ray, Remastered) (2008)

And that file when viewed in MP3TAG viewing extended tags are completely blank, but that file is a "WEBDL" as a source.
Why have Blu-Ray in the file name if it's from a WEB-DL?

(2024-04-14, 15:49)kittmaster Wrote: Media companion has that data within the NFO and I "assume" that is passed into Kodi (will do a database snoop after I post this).
Pretty sure there's no 'source' value in the database otherwise it would have been an info label by now.
(2024-04-14, 17:28)Hitcher Wrote:
(2024-04-14, 15:49)kittmaster Wrote: My initial thoughts were fleeting, webdl would never existing in my filenames as they are formed like: Quantum of Solace (Blu-Ray, Remastered) (2008)

And that file when viewed in MP3TAG viewing extended tags are completely blank, but that file is a "WEBDL" as a source.
Why have Blu-Ray in the file name if it's from a WEB-DL?
(2024-04-14, 15:49)kittmaster Wrote: Media companion has that data within the NFO and I "assume" that is passed into Kodi (will do a database snoop after I post this).
Pretty sure there's no 'source' value in the database otherwise it would have been an info label by now.

Because that is what is being asked for as a feature update in the 4K media flag thread ongoing in the Madnox forum. It is possible to have a Blu-Ray version that has been downloaded vs. ripped from physical media and if folks want flags to track those types of things, I can see why it is being asked for.
Mr. V's Original Source
(2024-04-14, 18:43)kittmaster Wrote: It is possible to have a Blu-Ray version that has been downloaded vs. ripped from physical media and if folks want flags to track those types of things, I can see why it is being asked for.
But the source would still be Blu-Ray and not Web-DL* which means something else entirely.

*Web-DL refers to a video that has been downloaded or captured directly from an online source, such as a streaming platform or a digital distribution platform.
(2024-04-14, 19:18)Hitcher Wrote:
(2024-04-14, 18:43)kittmaster Wrote: It is possible to have a Blu-Ray version that has been downloaded vs. ripped from physical media and if folks want flags to track those types of things, I can see why it is being asked for.
But the source would still be Blu-Ray and not Web-DL* which means something else entirely.

*Web-DL refers to a video that has been downloaded or captured directly from an online source, such as a streaming platform or a digital distribution platform.

Some skins hide the Blu-ray flag...sub in h264....and add in webdl as an additional flag. Some are asking for showing as BR content as a Webdl....  comes down to rigidity vs. customization without falling off the rails....this is certainly within bounds... I was thinking of making it a user option switch in the control panel for the purist and enthusiast.
Mr. V's Original Source
Just remember you can't please all the people all the time. Stick to what's best for your skin.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Missing infolabel?0