Missing control ID info from Doxygen?
I'm working on the control panel of my skin and there two sets of wiki, one for windows IDs, other for control IDs. I'm not sure if I'm not looking in the spots, but I searched for SettingsSystemInfo.xml and similar and couldn't find anything on Doxygen to see IDs and other things like on the old page. Is there a section I can reference that I'm overlooking?

Window IDs
Old:
Window_IDs (wiki)

New:
https://xbmc.github.io/docs.kodi.tv/mast...w_ids.html

Old:
List_of_Built_In_Controls (wiki)

New:
Code:

Huh?
Kodi: Nexus v20.5 | Skin: Madnox.redux : Current Version: 20.00.11 | Forum | Madnox.redux v3 Repo
Mr. V's Original Source
The window IDs from doxygen should be the most up-to-date info. As far as I'm aware the built-in controls page only exists on the wiki without a doxygen counterpart and on a quick look appears accurate besides the colorbutton not being added to SettingsCategory.xml. Some other things may be missing, but that is the only thing I noticed.
The colorbutton is also missing in the AddonSettings dialog section...
OSMC Skinner      |    The OSMC Skin for Kodi v20 Nexus (native 16:9, 21:9 and 4:3 skin, special cinemascope/CIH version available)      |     GitHub: https://github.com/Ch1llb0/skin.osmc
Thanks for mentioning that Smile
Did not know that was added but I found the PR for it.

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/20370/files
I hadn't been aware either until @anxdpanic and @MoojMidge pointed me to it Blush
OSMC Skinner      |    The OSMC Skin for Kodi v20 Nexus (native 16:9, 21:9 and 4:3 skin, special cinemascope/CIH version available)      |     GitHub: https://github.com/Ch1llb0/skin.osmc
So:

Code:

SettingsCategory.xml
ID    Type    Description
2    label    Label displaying the current settings category
3    grouplist    Grouplist template for the menu
5    grouplist    Grouplist template for the settings section
6    textbox    Settings description
7    button    Button template
8    radiobutton    Radiobutton template
9    spincontrolex    Spincontrolex template
10    button    Button template for the menu
11    image    Default separator image
12    edit    Edit control template
13    sliderex    Sliderex control template
14    label    Label template
20    button    Setting level button

So the ID numbers that are shown in the old version of the wiki for this are no longer valid? Because that is what I'm looking for in Doxygen...
Kodi: Nexus v20.5 | Skin: Madnox.redux : Current Version: 20.00.11 | Forum | Madnox.redux v3 Repo
Mr. V's Original Source
All those IDs appear to be correct minus, as previously mentioned, ID="15" for the colorbutton, which is currently missing.

In other words... Use Doxygen for window IDs but also use the built-in controls wiki page for the required controls needed and/or required for the aforementioned XMLs.
(2024-04-12, 13:21)mikeSiLVO Wrote: All those IDs appear to be correct minus, as previously mentioned, ID="15" for the colorbutton, which is currently missing.

In other words... Use Doxygen for window IDs but also use the built-in controls wiki page for the required controls needed and/or required for the aforementioned XMLs.

Well I guess I'm confused, it seems like the Wiki is consistently pushing people to read the Doxygen site for everything due to obsolescence, is that becoming for Kodi as a global or just some items? 

I am unclear why there is a divergence. Either update all of one (the existing Wiki, which everyone lands on), or the other, the splitting of the two makes for some of this but non of that is confusing.... I'm probably late to the game, but what is the logic here for this?
Mr. V's Original Source
(2024-04-12, 13:43)kittmaster Wrote: Well I guess I'm confused, it seems like the Wiki is consistently pushing people to read the Doxygen site for everything due to obsolescence, is that becoming for Kodi as a global or just some items? 

I am unclear why there is a divergence. Either update all of one (the existing Wiki, which everyone lands on), or the other, the splitting of the two makes for some of this but non of that is confusing.... I'm probably late to the game, but what is the logic here for this?

I cannot speak to this directly but based on my personal experience...
The Wiki seems to be more easily updated than doxygen for the things not covered in Kodi core C++ wise.
For all other info I would use doxygen for things like Window IDs, controls, built-in functions, and infolabels/booleans

All of the above I would consider advanced tho, the skinning manual does a great job with the basics.
(2024-04-12, 13:05)kittmaster Wrote: So the ID numbers that are shown in the old version of the wiki for this are no longer valid?
They're all correct but the colorbutton (15) needs adding.
colorbutton was already mentioned but thanks Smile
(2024-04-12, 13:43)kittmaster Wrote: Well I guess I'm confused, it seems like the Wiki is consistently pushing people to read the Doxygen site for everything due to obsolescence, is that becoming for Kodi as a global or just some items? 
I generally maintain the wiki. Why? Because no-one else does.
When it comes to development type pages, like skinning, core development, addon development etc, I don't touch them as my knowledge isn't strong enough to understand the changes. Plus the fact that I have about 300+ other pages to maintain.
So I maintain the "User" type pages which has a higher visit count, and is generally more helpful to a larger audience, than any of the development pages.

When users start complaining about incorrect info on a development page, it is a simple fix... I slap an Outdated banner on it.
If people are finding certain pages are outdated or missing info, all they need to do is login and fix it. It can't all be left to me!! It's a community wiki, not a Karellen wiki.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I  tried to login to wiki using my credentials here....invalid login...are they supposed to the same?

Edit: NM... found create account link
Mr. V's Original Source
(2024-04-12, 21:55)kittmaster Wrote: I  tried to login to wiki using my credentials here....invalid login...are they supposed to the same?
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=370273
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2024-04-12, 06:57)mikeSiLVO Wrote: Did not know that was added but I found the PR for it.
Neither did I as it was never mentioned in the skin changes thread.

EDIT: I've added it to the skin changes thread and the wiki. And thanks kittmaster for adding the colour button to setting categories.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Missing control ID info from Doxygen?0