Kodi V21 on LG C3 TV no DTS sound
Had the chance to have brief access to a 2023 TV yesterday so I took the chance and implemented it #24991.
Test build available now here
(2024-04-14, 10:24)sundermann Wrote: Had the chance to have brief access to a 2023 TV yesterday so I took the chance and implemented it #24991.

Amazing! Thanks so much for the great work you do! Smile
(2024-04-14, 10:24)sundermann Wrote: Had the chance to have brief access to a 2023 TV yesterday so I took the chance and implemented it #24991.
That's so nice from you, thank you very much. Reading the diff I was on a good track, but I'm so glad someone with skills have done it so quickly.
Thanks for the great work, DTS is working but the image stutters and the sound is not in sync
(2024-04-14, 18:38)yep123 Wrote: Thanks for the great work, DTS is working but the image stutters and the sound is not in sync
After a very quick test, no issues on my side with image. DTS-HD-MA is lips synced perfect, some sync issue with DTS something but not worse than with AC3. And seeking is plagued with buffer overlaps, but overall it's a very good first implementation. Congrats!
Yeah I don't think sync issues are related. We know that sync is an issue sometimes but in my limited testing DTS had a pretty good sync. There might be issues with DTS X or DTS Express but we can't solve that until ffmpeg 7.0 becomes available in kodi.
DTS-HD-MA from an internal app on a Smart TV? this might actually be a first for webOS, as although Android can do DTS-HD-MA the likes of Sony typically restrict format support to only AC3, EAC3, & DTS for internal apps on a TV.
Yes but only for select webOS 23 and later models. TrueHD is still not supported though Sad
(2024-04-14, 20:28)Michelsup Wrote:
(2024-04-14, 18:38)yep123 Wrote: Thanks for the great work, DTS is working but the image stutters and the sound is not in sync
After a very quick test, no issues on my side with image. DTS-HD-MA is lips synced perfect, some sync issue with DTS something but not worse than with AC3. And seeking is plagued with buffer overlaps, but overall it's a very good first implementation. Congrats!
Hello again,
Now i can select in Kodi dts and dts-hd-ma also. But is it right, that webos don't support dts-hd-ma and only dts? I have  some movies that on kodi tha only supports dts-hd-ma. Whe i play the movie the sound pcm and no dts-hd-ma.
dts-hd-ma is only available via eARC and webOS 23+
I did some more test with many different files, but unfortunately didn't took time with kodi.log's monitoring. 
Many files struggle to synchro at start; you need to seek sometimes many times and all the sudden it's often lip-synced. The main issue, which is not a real one but quite annoying is the "unload" of the audio buffer at sync/stop. But I guess i can live with that.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi V21 on LG C3 TV no DTS sound0