v21 [Omega] Amber for v21
I can't wait to test this out this weekend - thank you for this!
Oh man. There was some reason I didn't like Amber before. I don't remember why.

But after trying your new version with Omega I have become a fan. Its very customizable.

I hope you don't mind, but for personal use, I opened up the zip in 7z and added a JPG into backgrounds.
Then I chose that pic in settings.
Since I use a locked down Android, this is the easiest way to get extra pictures in there.

Thank you for the work you put in.
So Bart is no longer going to work on Amber? Not complaining, but just curious.

Regards,

Shedrock
Think maybe life got in the way and Mike is lending a hand.
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
Yes, Bart unfortunately had to step away from Kodi work a few months back for personal life reasons.

As another Amber user, I too am very happy that Mike has found time and graciously picked up the baton to get things running again.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Kodi keeps saying the skin is an 'invalid structure' even though I've downloaded the most recent master branch from github, renamed the folder to match the addon ID etc. Anyone else have this problem or is it just me?

edit - Got it working, the path I stored it in was too long. Took ages to install but now it's working. Thanks!
Does this version of Amber have built-in support for the PreShowExperience add-on by chance?
My Theater: JVC X790R + Peerless PRG-UNV | 120" CineWhite UHD-B Screen | KODI Omega + PreShow Experience | mpv | madVR RTX 2070S | Panasonic UB420 | Denon X3600H @ 5.2.4 | 4 x ADX Maximus w/ Dayton Audio SA230 | 3 x Totem Tribe LCR + Mission M30 Surrounds + SVS PC2000 + Monolith 15 | 40" HDTV w/ MeLE N5105 + MoviePosterApp | 40TB Win10 SMB Server over Gigabit Ethernet
@mikeSiLVO - Thanks for your time and effort with this; much appreciated.
(2024-04-13, 11:47)DarrenHill Wrote: Yes, Bart unfortunately had to step away from Kodi work a few months back for personal life reasons.

As another Amber user, I too am very happy that Mike has found time and graciously picked up the baton to get things running again.
Yes, I was aware that he stepped away for a bit. He did reach out to me a few days ago via PM after some time, but I gathered he was working his way back into Kodi slowly. Anyway, Amber is in safe hands with Mike.

Cheers,

Shedrock
Great to hear. We would most certainly welcome him back to the team.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2024-04-13, 18:53)MidnightWatcher Wrote: Does this version of Amber have built-in support for the PreShowExperience add-on by chance?

It doesn't but since cinemavision has been abandoned I can change the calls to open preshow instead. Not sure if the video info extras button will work tho.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am not planning on taking over the skin from Bart. I'm just doing some skin changes to make it compatible, and if I get his blessing even open a PR to get it in the Kodi repo.
For both the windows and ad versions the tab for library update doesn't have any text in it. The position seems to still work.

Thank you for you quick work in getting kodi 20 working
Thanks for keeping this going MikeS!

Bug report:
Amber pulls an old version of script.skin.helper.colorpicker 2.0.1 that errors when you try and change colors
Old version of script uses "xbmc.translatePath" which was changed for Nexus+ to "xbmcvfs.translatePath" 
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/19301

Latest version of script.skin.helper.colorpicker 2.0.3 is fixed
https://github.com/kodi-community-addons...olorpicker
(2024-04-16, 00:50)timmins Wrote: For both the windows and ad versions the tab for library update doesn't have any text in it. The position seems to still work.

Thank you for you quick work in getting kodi 20 working

Quote:If you notice any bugs or issues don't hesitate to post them, preferably with screenshots and any related settings that are enabled/disabled.

I don't use Amber so I know very little about any of the settings or features that Bart has added so please include as much info as possible.

@timmins I am going to need a lot more info. No clue what or where.

(2024-04-17, 04:03)Riot504 Wrote: Thanks for keeping this going MikeS!

Bug report:
Amber pulls an old version of script.skin.helper.colorpicker 2.0.1 that errors when you try and change colors
Old version of script uses "xbmc.translatePath" which was changed for Nexus+ to "xbmcvfs.translatePath" 
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/19301

Latest version of script.skin.helper.colorpicker 2.0.3 is fixed
https://github.com/kodi-community-addons...olorpicker

Skin doesn't pull anything. If that script was updated in the Kodi repo it would use that version.
Bug report:
When browsing folders not in the library in file mode if the folder contains fanart.jpg Amber will use that as the background for the individual folder.
It is no longer displaying backgrounds inside or outside the folders in Omega

Here's where the feature was originally added
https://github.com/MikeSiLVO/skin.amber/...66c8fa2c28

Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Omega] Amber for v210