Bug Problem with fast forwarding by chapter
Video 
Hello everyone, I am encountering several problems related to using chapters to move forward/backward in my films.

Current configuration: Vim4 - CE Kodi 21 - NAS Synology HDD 250mb/s - SMB connection

Here is how these problems present themselves precisely : 

I can move forward, but sometimes I can't go back to the previous chapter. It literally blocks as you can see in the video above. I can only go back using a means other than chapters. (The video shows the bug on Kodi 21, but this same problem actually causes the system to crash when I'm on Kodi 20.)

In addition to sometimes not being able to go back to the previous chapter, there is an issue displaying chapter thumbnails and bookmarks. In fact, the thumbnails are missing, and when I click on one of them, the film cuts out.

Let us specify :
  • I find these problems even after a complete reset of CoreElec.
  • These issues show up on all movies that have chapters, but in random places.
  • These problems are present on Kodi 20 but also on Kodi 21. However, it is strange, on Kodi 21, the bugs no longer appear in exactly the same places. The move to Kodi 21 therefore affected some of these problems without correcting them.
  • I use the same video source on all my devices, and I notice that these bugs are exclusively present on my Vim4 CE. Indeed, Kodi 21 on Android works normally. I can find the chapter thumbnails and no crashes when I use them. Plus, I can navigate from one chapter to another without getting stuck.

I restarted and reproduced the problem with the Terminator movie:

Kodi Log: https://paste.coreelec.org/whuMtc
Error log: https://paste.coreelec.org/Lk2lIg
Debugging information: https://paste.coreelec.org/y0R0Bf

Here the extract from the chaptered film:
https://mega.nz/file/AfEkHSrY#anooqQoprF...ju5DUa3xLs

If I could ever get rid of these bugs, that would be great.  Angel
You're going to have to provide more details about your setup and provide a debug log that reproduces this.  I skip back and forth using chapters all the time on both OSX and a Vero V (which is basically a custom OS with a Linux build) and never have an issue, so we're likely looking for something unique to your setup, not a general issue.
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
@pkscout and @Hitcher -> Thank you very much for being present, it gives hope.  Angel
Or not ^^
What happens with hw decoding turned off?
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
(2024-04-06, 21:42)CrystalP Wrote: What happens with hw decoding turned off?

Well the problem is still there, plus videos that are jerky.
You mention skipping to next/previous chapter, but does the same thing happen with jumps? They're the same internally in Kodi.
If so can you share a short sample that shows the problem on your box?
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
@CrystalP
See my first post.
That's not what I meant, lol. It works fine for many people so we have to figure out if the issue is with your file or your computer.
To do that, others need to try a file where skipping is broken for you. It's impractical to share an entire movie, that's why I asked about the short jumps, and whether they have the same issue (they should).
Then sharing 30 seconds of the video would be enough.
(2024-04-07, 19:14)CrystalP Wrote: That's not what I meant, lol. It works fine for many people so we have to figure out if the issue is with your file or your computer.
To do that, others need to try a file where skipping is broken for you. It's impractical to share an entire movie, that's why I asked about the short jumps, and whether they have the same issue (they should).
Then sharing 30 seconds of the video would be enough.

This problem occurs on all films in reality... So I'm sure the problem is not related to the files.
They abandoned me. ^^
Impatient much? anyway, it's not a general support issue, but linux and possibly corelec specific. I don't do linux, maybe someone else will know if it's a known issue. The corelec forums could be a good place too.
(2024-04-08, 20:23)CrystalP Wrote: Impatient much? anyway, it's not a general support issue, but linux and possibly corelec specific. I don't do linux, maybe someone else will know if it's a known issue. The corelec forums could be a good place too.

I had already tried last year with Coreelec.
@Bindou : I'm also seeing problems when using the player GUI elements to skip forward to the next chapter. Backwards works. Using the up/down buttons on the keyboard or remote also jumps forwards/backwards by chapter without issues. Selecting arbitrary chapters from the chapter list also has no issues. Can you confirm the issue only exists when using the player GUI controls?

My system is Arch running current master.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem with fast forwarding by chapter0