Aeon MQ9 Question
I am new to this Kodi forum. My name is Dennis and I am 73 years old. Please forgive me if I stumble a bit as I have just set up a Media PC for my large screen TV and installed Kodi Nexus 20.4 with the Aeon MQ9 Skin. I am just using kodi to run my movies, TV shows and personal tutorial vidoes installed on my PC. I have figured out how to set up my videos under Menu titles Movies and TV Shows but not my other video files.
I hope I explain this right. My question is, I have a folder called My Videos on my D: Drive with a number of Sub Folders called (example) Crafts, Dash Cam, Family etc. that contain small videos. How do I set them up under a Aeon MQ9 Menu titled Files and attach an image to each.
Regards RyBeDan
Hello @rybedan

(2024-03-21, 08:04)rybedan Wrote: I have a folder called My Videos on my D: Drive with a number of Sub Folders called (example) Crafts, Dash Cam, Family etc. that contain small videos. How do I set them up under a Aeon MQ9 Menu titled Files and attach an image to each.
First question... Are you happy just accessing the videos in files mode, or do you want it like movies with metadata listed eg plot, actors, title etc
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I just want to access the videos in files mode in each of the sub folders from the menu label Files.
(2024-03-21, 10:16)rybedan Wrote: I just want to access the videos in files mode in each of the sub folders from the menu label Files.
Ok, and do you want a menu item for each subfolder (Crafts, Dash Cam, Family etc) or a single menu item for the parent folder My Videos?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I want a menu item for each folder or can I assign an image to each folder, and then I want my videos to appear when I click on the folder I want, i.e. If I select the Dash Cam Folder I can then click on one of my 10 dash cam videos.
Thank You.
Easiest way is to use Favourites.
First, go to each of those folders and select "Add to Favourites" from the Context menu on that folder.

From the main menu call up the context menu and select "Customise Main Menu"

Then select one of the "Empty" items...

Select "Replace this menu with..."

Scroll down to Favourites in the Category column, then select the Purple "Favourite"

Then select the folder to link to...

Then press back until you reach the first settings page, scroll down to "Rename" and give it a name.

Does that help?
My Signature
I'll try this out and get back to you. Many Thanks.
Not Working. In Explorer I went into My Videos Folder and then into my Crafts Folder. I then highlighted each video and in the popup menu selected Add to Favourites .
Now in Kodi I followed your instructions but when I selected the purple Favourite (link to Item, nothing happened. Backing out I then renamed the menu item to Favourites backed right out and clicked on Favourites and there was nothing there.
Rybedan.
(2024-03-22, 01:29)rybedan Wrote: In Explorer I went into My Videos Folder and then into my Crafts Folder. I then highlighted each video and in the popup menu selected Add to Favourites .
Explorer?
No, in Kodi. You add to favourites in Kodi from the context menu. And you add the folder, not each individual video file.
My Signature
Yes I finally found out how to get the context menu up and select Add To Favourites. Now I can take my time and try to set them up by using images.
Thanks Karellan.
Regards Rybedan.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon MQ9 Question0