Disable NextPVR Thumbnail and Timing files
In NextPVR 6.14 sub the author of NextPVR introduced new features to improve skipping by creating an mpeg-ts index and by creation of video thumbnail files.  These are then used in NextPVR UI clients and the web player to help skip commercials etc.  It is handy especially when using remotes with just DPAD and has been well received by many and sub decided that the feature should be opt-out so users didn't have to manually recreated the required files.   To give you an idea of what it does you can see the image below.

Unfortunately this feature has no value for Kodi users who don't use the NextPVR clients.  To disable thumbnail generation you can go to the NextPVR Settings->General page and set "Generate Thumbnails" to None.  Note this setting does not disable the timing file generation so this must be done manually by editing config.xml as follows.  You can also disable the thumbnail file in config.xml as shown.   The thumbnail and timing files will get removed when you delete the recording in Kodi.

Code:
  <Recording>
    <ExtractThumbnails>none</ExtractThumbnails>
    <GenerateTiming>false</GenerateTiming>

Note these features are disabled automatically if the server is LibreELEC or CoreELEC.

Thanks @emveepee these files have been bugging me since October last year when I updated NextPVR.
These files were being created and the .map file was preventing the deletion of the recording folders and files when deleting within Kodi. Sometimes I would have 30 folders I would need to sift through to figure out what I could delete and what needed to remain.

I've made the changes suggested above and will check after some recordings this weekend.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
The map file is not part of this logic, it has always been part of NextPVR, and it will still get created. However there was a bug in 6.1.4 creating the thumbnails so perhaps you didn't update to 6.1.5, these file should always be removed.

If you still have problems with the map file after this change, create a thread on the NextPVR forum with the zipped logs.

Martin
I have Version: 6.1.4.230625 installed but I now see that 6.1.5.231022 is available so I will update that now.

Thanks.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Disable NextPVR Thumbnail and Timing files0