Solved Problems scanning concerts
Not sure if this is the correct place to post this, so please feel free to move elsewhere.

I have a number of 'music concerts' which I've found and downloaded over the years. They're saved in a 'Music Concerts' directory on my NAS.
Most of them show up fine in Kodi. However, there are a few that refuse to scan into my library.
I have nfo files for each of them and content is set to movies. If I go into 'media' and try to scan them in individually, with information set to local information and select 'Scan to library'. Kodi keeps asking me to enter the movie name, showing the full file name in the input field. If I select OK the box reappears each time asking for movie name. 

Any idea what might be causing this? As I said, most of the files are added to the library OK.
What happens if you set the content to Music videos rather than movies?
Learning Linux the hard way !!
(2024-02-04, 18:37)black_eagle Wrote: What happens if you set the content to Music videos rather than movies?
Hi,
I've just tried that.
If I change content to Music videos/local information only,  and select OK a message pops up 'do you want to refresh information for all items in this path'. I select Yes, but when I then try and scan to library, a popup still appears asking me to enter 'movie name' (although content is set to music videos).
Very strange. All of my files are mp3 format.
(2024-02-04, 19:36)Chalklands Wrote: Very strange. All of my files are mp3 format.

That's an audio format, not a video container.....  Are you sure that's correct?
(2024-02-04, 19:42)black_eagle Wrote:
(2024-02-04, 19:36)Chalklands Wrote: Very strange. All of my files are mp3 format.

That's an audio format, not a video container.....  Are you sure that's correct?
Apologies, I meant mp4
(2024-02-04, 19:36)Chalklands Wrote: If I change content to Music videos/local information only

That should only read nfo files and not try looking anything up.  Can you share an example screenshot of how your files are named?  EG

Ah, think I've found the problem - The nfo files were named slightly differently to the mp4 file! Sometimes I can't see for looking!

Thanks for your help anyway!!
Shall we chalk that up as a win then?

Thread marked solved.
(2024-02-05, 19:58)black_eagle Wrote: Shall we chalk that up as a win then?

Thread marked solved.

Definitely! Thank you!!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problems scanning concerts0