Poll: Which case design(s) do you prefer?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Design 1
1.85%
Design 2
9.26%
Design 3
14.81%
Design 4
27.78%
Design 5
24.07%
Design 6
22.22%
Total
54 vote(s)
100%
* You voted for this item.

Vote on the new Raspberry Pi 5 Kodi Edition case
Hi all, with the launch of the new Pi 5, we thought it was about time to update the Kodi edition case. samfisher has been kind enough to make some really cool designs for the case, and now we wanted your vote on which one you like the most. Please check them out and vote above!

I suspect that the grayish part is representing clear coat to give the rubber top a subtle gloss, like it was the case with the old cases? Or are you going for an actual gray coat?

If it is clear coat, I fear that design 4 (which I really like) might look very off center when the coat is not reflecting (and thus is barely noticeable). So I was thinking if it might make sense to make the word mark "KODI" also clear coat (stealth), so that the overall icon will always appear full on centered. But my design days are long gone, so I trust @samfisher
@da-anda You're correct! And that's a very nice idea, we'll definitely consider it.
I like 3
I voted 3 first, coz I'd like something understated without the actual word "Kodi". But after closer inspection it wasn't made of "random brick shapes" but circles in various shapes. Perfect example of https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trypophobia ugh!
Since the bottom 3 are top in vote count right now, we thought we'd do some renders to see how these might look IRL. I kinda love them all. Smile
ImageImageImage
Oh wow, I voted for five before seeing the "3d" render, right choice, looks amazing.
"5" looks great in the 3D render.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
4 or 5.
I voted 6 but I'd definitely go with 5 if it didn't have the half matt finish
I voted 4, even though I would have preferred it without the word KODI.   I think they all look great, so I'd be happy regardless!
@natethomas
When will the new Raspberry Pi 5 Kodi cases be available to order from Flirc?
(2023-11-14, 12:14)Origins Wrote: @natethomas
When will the new Raspberry Pi 5 Kodi cases be available to order from Flirc?

I believe we're holding off on ordering until we have supply to ship immediately. Last I knew, the regular pi5 case is slated to ship before Christmas. Not sure if we'll get the Kodi version in that same time frame.
(2023-11-20, 22:22)natethomas Wrote: I believe we're holding off on ordering until we have supply to ship immediately. Last I knew, the regular pi5 case is slated to ship before Christmas. Not sure if we'll get the Kodi version in that same time frame.

I just checked the Flirc store because I was planning on ordering a couple of the Raspberry Pi 5 Kodi edition cases.  The regular versions look like they are shipping.  i don't see anything yet on the Kodi editions, even for a preorder.

Thanks,

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.
Just ordered a Flirc case for the RPi 5, unfortunately I haven't seen the Kodi edition anywhere Sad

Would be cool if you could even just remove the plastic top cover and buy a Kodi edition replacement, for those of us who have already bought the regular Flirc case.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Vote on the new Raspberry Pi 5 Kodi Edition case0