Country tag (flag) missing for some seemingly random movies and TV shows
Bonjour,

Since a few weeks I notice the country flag is missing for some seemingly random movies and TV shows. I know for sure they were there before. Kinda nerd for making tags as completely as possible. No updates what so ever. Latest Kodi and Metropolis. NFO file seems correct as well

Anyone any clue?

Thnx
ciao,
Valehtijm
(2023-06-26, 17:55)valentijm Wrote: Bonjour,

Since a few weeks I notice the country flag is missing for some seemingly random movies and TV shows. I know for sure they were there before. Kinda nerd for making tags as completely as possible. No updates what so ever. Latest Kodi and Metropolis. NFO file seems correct as well

Anyone any clue?

Thnx
ciao,
Valehtijm

this skin hasn't had an update in 25 months so it's possible it has been abandoned - https://github.com/jingai/skin.metropoli...ngelog.txt
I wouldn't say abandoned, but without me being able to update the official source, not the most healthiest of workflows.

I still personally use Metropolis so I will likely always update a fork of it, at least for me.
The issue is that I use a version of LibreElec that if it works, I just keep using it.
If there is something really cool that comes out for Kodi, or if I need to use a different version of LibreElec I always update it.

I do check this thread, and try to create fixes for people as they ask, but I can't roll them into the official version, only jingai has the keys for that.
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
(2023-06-27, 04:28)MacGyver Wrote: I wouldn't say abandoned, but without me being able to update the official source, not the most healthiest of workflows.

I still personally use Metropolis so I will likely always update a fork of it, at least for me.
The issue is that I use a version of LibreElec that if it works, I just keep using it.
If there is something really cool that comes out for Kodi, or if I need to use a different version of LibreElec I always update it.

I do check this thread, and try to create fixes for people as they ask, but I can't roll them into the official version, only jingai has the keys for that.
right on

perhaps a fork and minor rebrand, Metropolis V2 for a suggestion, of course making sure all credit is given but a new maintained version
(2023-06-27, 04:28)MacGyver Wrote: I do check this thread, and try to create fixes for people as they ask, but I can't roll them into the official version, only jingai has the keys for that.
Is Jingai contactable?
I am sure that if jingai has given the ok, we can replace his version with your updated version in the repo.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2023-06-27, 06:17)Karellen Wrote: Is Jingai contactable?
I am sure that if jingai has given the ok, we can replace his version with your updated version in the repo.
Not sure, I've only ever spoke with him here, it looks like he still uses Github.
https://github.com/jingai

I could work on a new version on my fork and try to get it current, but I suck at GitHub and struggle with the most basic things. I'm not the person to be in control of a public project, but I can still do the coding part.
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
(2023-06-26, 17:55)valentijm Wrote: Bonjour,

Anyone any clue?

Thnx
ciao,
Valehtijm

The country flags come from a separate addon (Language Flags Colour by im85288) and should be on 0.0.4, make sure you are running the most current.
It shows you the flag based on the info resource from the scraper via:

Code:
    <variable name="Language_Icons">
        <value condition="!String.IsEmpty(Skin.String(LanguageIcons.name))">$INFO[Skin.String(LanguageIcons.path)]/$INFO[ListItem.AudioLanguage]$INFO[Skin.String(LanguageIcons.ext)]</value>
        <value>resource://resource.images.languageflags.colour/$INFO[ListItem.AudioLanguage].png</value>
    </variable>
Basically that bit says, if a custom flag addon exists use the language Kodi says is there if it isn't empty, go to where the flag addon is located, use that name from the scraper, and the extension the Kodi says. (and if that isn't set, just try the one we recommended with that name and the extension of .png)

I think the part of the nfo that it uses is the language portion, but it might use the country or even the subtitle language stored in the media file itself.
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<movie>
    <country>United States</country>
    <languages>English</languages>
</movie>

So check your infos and file metadata and see if there is a file for it here:
https://github.com/im85288/resource.imag.../resources
(2023-06-26, 21:02)jepsizofye Wrote: this skin hasn't had an update in 25 months so it's possible it has been abandoned - https://github.com/jingai/skin.metropoli...ngelog.txt

I messaged jingai and he has merged the fixes for 19 and pushed for the update of 20 to the distro.
Thnx MacGyver, I will have a look at it but my gut feellng says it has nothing to do with Metropolis but with KODI.
ciao, Valentijm

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Country tag (flag) missing for some seemingly random movies and TV shows0