Solved Kodi autoquit when click actor/actress thumbail
I like the look of ftv skin. But ....lucky if kodi auto quit after 3-5 time i click to an actor/actress thumbail, unlucky if kodi auto quit at the first time clicking actor/actress when open kodi.
@Hitcher can you fix this?
What system are you running it on?
I'm running kodi nexus 20.1 on windows 11. Clicking to any actor/actress thumbail on default skin (estuary) have no problem
Please provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
[font]@Hitcher : today when i open kodi and enable for logging, only trying for a dozen of clicking to actor/actress thumbnails, kodi work fine with no autoquit. but if i play music and clicking , kodi still auto quit after a few clicking to actor/actress.
And if i clicking and choose immediately ( for example ) tv show they cast , kodi lagging for a while. but if i waiting for a while, no lagging any more. may be after embuary info fetch full information from internet lagging disappear.[/font]
After a few hours test, i found out kodi auto quit as random as i click thumbnails. And ftv laggy for a while when information actor/actress show and immediately after you navigation to TV show role or whatever thing
@loveart I've reworked all the extra info to use TheMovieDb Helper now if you want to try it out.

https://github.com/HitcherUK/skin.ftv
(2023-09-05, 23:49)Hitcher Wrote: @loveart I've reworked all the extra info to use TheMovieDb Helper now if you want to try it out.

https://github.com/HitcherUK/skin.ftv
Wow, after one hour tried your skin, I feel it smooth and stable. No random quit, no lag when open biography of actors, everything is perfect!
Thank about great skin you reworked!
I think it was the Embuary Helper using too much memory causing Kodi to crash but switching to using TheMovieDb Helper has solved that problem.

Please note this is still a WIP build as I have a lot of changes going on right now.
Thread marked solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi autoquit when click actor/actress thumbail0