Solved Need help getting fanart or artwork
Hi everybody
I am embarrassed to ask for this, but I hope someone will jump in and offer help.
I remember getting all types of artwork, actors, extrafanart, and extrathumbs when I used Kodi v17 and possibly Kodi v18.
I am currently on Kodi v19.3, and cannot remember if getting artwork has changed, or if my issue is scraper related, or advancedsettings.xml related.
I appreciate all the help that I can get, and thanking you in advance for future replies.
Kodi 19 RC, Aeon Knox Silvo Skin, mySQL 8
Windows 10 Pro OS, 4x 2TB Hard Drives
AMD Ryzen 3600 CPU,16GB RAM, 500GB SSD
ASUS GeForce GTX 1660 6GB
Just looked under the WIKI, seems my "advancedsettings.xml" option (below) was removed.
<videolibrary>
    <tvshowextraart>
      <arttype>characterart</arttype>
      <arttype>clearart</arttype>
      <arttype>clearlogo</arttype>
      <arttype>landscape</arttype>
      <arttype>keyart</arttype>
    </tvshowextraart>
    <tvseasonextraart>
    </tvseasonextraart>
    <episodeextraart>
      <arttype>fanart</arttype>
    </episodeextraart>
    <movieextraart>
      <arttype>banner</arttype>
      <arttype>discart</arttype>
    </movieextraart>
    <moviesetextraart>
    </moviesetextraart>
    <musicvideoextraart>
    </musicvideoextraart>
 </videolibrary>

I appreciate some help please.
I just need to be pointed in the right direction
Thank you!
@brochild

What problem are you experiencing?

You no longer need the advancedsettings.xml tags for artwork. For v19, all that has been moved to the settings pages in Kodi - Settings>Media>Video>Artwork.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Hi
Thanks for the quick reply.
I am using the "Movie database python" scraper, all is fine in Kodi and I do see fanarts, icon arts etc.
I am missing these artwork in the directories where my movies are located.
I may have missed it, after looking at Settings>Media>Video>Artwork, I did not see a way to tell the skin to store the artwork in each movie folder
I way have to ask help from Aeon Knox
Please delete this thread, I asked same question under Aeon Knox skin section.
Thanks
(2022-02-04, 22:50)brochild Wrote: I am missing these artwork in the directories where my movies are located.
ok.
Kodi does not save artwork locally by default.
If you want that, install the Artwork Dump addon and it will save artwork during scraping... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=360078

This is not skin related, so asking in Aeon Nox thread is not required.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thank you for your very quick replies (as always)
I will follow the tread that you posted above.
Again, I thank you. not only for your quick response, but for pointing me (and others) in the right direction and/or solution.
I installed the suggested repository, scanned my 1st movie and all artworks are added to that movie folder.

Please mark this thread as "Solved"
Thanks!
@brochild Will do... Thread marked solved.

If you haven't already, confirm the artwork dump settings are set to your preference. Many people install the addon, but never adjust the settings to their requirement.
My Signature
Yes, I adjusted the settings and so far so good.

I notice that I can run the addon by itself, but not sure if it's going to re-populate the artworks in each individual folder.

To be safe, I am backing up my database before trying.
(2022-02-05, 00:33)brochild Wrote: I notice that I can run the addon by itself, but not sure if it's going to re-populate the artworks in each individual folder.
Yes, you can manually run the addon and it will go through the entire library (or however you have setup the settings) and it will download all the missing local artwork.
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need help getting fanart or artwork0