v19 Re: No Programme Plot on New Recordings
@phunkyfish 
I don't normally use EIT guide data, but decided to it give a try again at the end of last week.
The guide data is working fine on all the PVR screen's. The only exception is when a set timer has completed I'm not seeing any programme plot on the recordings screen. I get the programme title and episode details, just no programme plot.
I know you certainly used to use the EIT data as well, but I'm guessing you're not seeing the same thing happening since nobody else seems to have reported a problem?
I thought it might have been a visibility issue on my own skin mod of Estuary, but the same thing happens when using the default version of Estuary.
Anything you can think of that I might want to try and see if it clear the issue?
How is the timer being set? I.e what kind of timer is being used?

I generally use EPG timers and autotimers and I can't seem to reproduce your result.
Maintainer of Enigma2 PVR addon: repo, docschangelog
How to create a full debug: here
I normally set all my timers direct from the EPG screen, using the context menu, then selecting the record option.
Future timers set are all saying 'One-Time Guide-Based'
Quite strange, because timer that is currently recording right now is showing the programme plot on the timer window, but not on the recording window.
Will see if I get plot on recording screen when timer completes, but based on last 3 recordings over the weekend, I suspect probably not.
What channel?
I used your instructions to set up a test recording on both saorview and Freesat. Will report back tomorrow on what find. I also see the plot set correctly in the timer view for both.
Oki doki. No problem.
Channel tonight was STV. 
Made a couple of screen captures at the time of both timer and recording views, which may (or not) help:-

ImageImage
Hey, I just noticed the genre is different as well. I think I might have the genre ID option enabled for Rytec. (I will check) Would that cause a problem maybe?
Update: Yeah, I had the genre ID mappings option enabled (Not Rytec, the option before). Should I disable that option when receiving EIT guide data?
You will get genre IDs with the EIT data. So likely you don’t need the mappings.

I can’t reproduce the problem which is strange. All your EPG data is only from EIT now? Cause mine is the same.
(2021-11-09, 16:18)phunkyfish Wrote: You will get genre IDs with the EIT data. So likely you don’t need the mappings.
Firstly, apologies for the late reply.
Good news, after I disabled the genre mappings option, the next 3 recordings all showed the plot. So I guess this was causing the problem.
I only had 1 channel group enabled from the VU+/Enigma client running the EIT guide data.
My other channel groups are created via a downloaded M3U file from the OpenWebif. I can then use the radio times guide data, which I prefer and can quite easily create custom genre mappings on the IPTV client.
Only down side is the channel opening's are somewhat slower (5-6 secs) than using the VU+/Enigma client (think we've been spoilt with all your work on the VU+ client over the past 2-3 years Smile ). 
Have tried using the same file with other clients as well and only the TV Mosaic client seems to open channels quicker, but there seems to be no way to create custom genre mappings there, so don't get any genre labels or colours on the EPG.
If you have any suggestions on how I might speed up the channel opening's on the IPTV client, I'd really appreciate any feedback. If not, no worries. I can just continue as I'm doing currently or maybe I will migrate fully to using the EIT guide data.

As a quick side note question, if I was load an M3U file directly onto my STB, can these channels share a channel group for something that's already configured on the STB? I was thinking to load the Pluto TV channels onto my STB and have them share the same channel group my Freesat movie channels, ie have both in one single movie channel group and then just use the enigma client for both channel types. I wasn't sure if that was possible?
Currently, I have both Pluto and Freesat movie channels combined on a M3U file at the moment with the same channel group. I then use the IPTV client, but since they have different guide data sources I keep having to update the client settings in order to get guide data for both channels types.
I know I could probably use IPTV Merge, but that means using another addon which is something I was trying to avoid doing if I could.
I’m not sure they can be in the same group on the STB. At least they can’t be by default.

You can hack the config a bit but it’s kind of messy so I don’t tend to both.

You could try using ffmpegdirect to open the streams (if your not already) and see if there is a difference.
It's okay.
Yeah, I'm using ffmpegdirect already.
As for the other thing, think I will probably stick with what I'm doing currently. Not perfect, but it does work. 
Maybe I will stumble upon a better solution at some point or just get bored of all the faffing around with manual configurations each week. 
Thanks for coming back to me.
Cheers

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Re: No Programme Plot on New Recordings0