v18 kodi not updating channel logos
I have been unable to get kodi to update channel logos.

I have updated channel logos in shared folder in windows 10.
I cleared the artwork cache in nextpvr (4.2.5).
I cleared the date in general pvr/live tv settings,
I cleared the date in the guide.
Am also using iptv simple & schedules direct
Kodi is not finding the update channel logos and am only able to update them manually. I feel like I am missing something simple that my atrophied knowledge has forgotten.
(2021-09-04, 20:04)clones Wrote: Kodi is not finding the update channel logos and am only able to update them manually.
Are the logos named exactly the same as the channel name?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2021-09-04, 20:35)Karellen Wrote:
(2021-09-04, 20:04)clones Wrote: Kodi is not finding the update channel logos and am only able to update them manually.
Are the logos named exactly the same as the channel name?

YES. It does seem that nextpvr is seeing the updated logo but kodi is not. Also have sling tv addon along with nextpvr in iptv simple.

nextpvr  KCRGDT3              file        KCRGDT3.PNG
(2021-09-04, 20:52)clones Wrote:
(2021-09-04, 20:35)Karellen Wrote:  
YES. It does seem that nextpvr is seeing the updated logo but kodi is not. Also have sling tv addon along with nextpvr in iptv simple.
I've seen the same behaviour recently using Matrix with a couple of my channels. In the end, I removed the channels from NextPVR, doubled checked the updated logos were in the channel logo folder, cleared the Kodi PVR data, then rescanned for the channels again in NextPVR. When I started up Kodi updated logo's were then showing. Bit of a long winded way to get the logo to update in Kodi, but this method seemed to sort it at least for me.
There is no option in V18 to do this.  If you have access to the file system delete all the cached icons from userdata/addons/pvr.nextpvr/nextpvrchannel*.png

Leia and NextPVR V4 are both EOL and inferior to newer versions from a PVR viewpoint.  Time to think about upgrading one or both.

In Matrix there is an option on the Kodi command key to reset a single channel icon.  Also in Matrix in the PVR Settings, Client specific options you can reset all off them.

Martin
(2021-09-05, 00:05)emveepee Wrote: There is no option in V18 to do this.  If you have access to the file system delete all the cached icons from userdata/addons/pvr.nextpvr/nextpvrchannel*.png

Leia and NextPVR V4 are both EOL and inferior to newer versions from a PVR viewpoint.  Time to think about upgrading one or both.

In Matrix there is an option on the Kodi command key to reset a single channel icon.  Also in Matrix in the PVR Settings, Client specific options you can reset all off them.

Martin
Thank you Martin. Is upgrading from v.4 to v.5 pretty straightforward?
It depends on the tuner type and whether you opt to stay on Windows or not.  IPTV changed a lot and needs redoing, but other tuners can often be used just by copying npvr.db3 and config.xml from NPVR to NPVR-data.  Whatever you choice, you can import your old recordings.

One thing of note is V4 users are pretty much going to lose TV series art soon.  The Schedules Direct art API is changing and the TVdb API is EOL.  V5 has added support for TVMaze and in the next release TMDB support for TV series is being added. 

The biggest change though will be time shifting and in-process recordings work much better.

Martin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
kodi not updating channel logos0