Metropolis 4.0b1 for Kodi 19
Just to get some feedback before I do a pull request to make the skin available in the Kodi 19 repo.

Please only bug reports here.  No wishlist items.

The goal at the moment is just to make the skin available in Kodi 19, not to make any changes, enhancements, etc.

4.0b1 archive is here
Reserved
(2021-05-22, 06:59)jingai Wrote: Just to get some feedback before I do a pull request to make the skin available in the Kodi 19 repo.

The goal at the moment is just to make the skin available in Kodi 19, not to make any changes, enhancements, etc.

4.0b1 archive is here

Installed over my existing version with no issues so far.
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
See Milestone 4.0.  Aside from those two open Issues, I think it's about ready to go.
(2021-05-23, 05:50)MacGyver Wrote:
(2021-05-22, 06:59)jingai Wrote: Just to get some feedback before I do a pull request to make the skin available in the Kodi 19 repo.

4.0b1 archive is here

Works fine with me except the the "Music" home screen background has disappeared. It isn't available in the list of stock images when I try to customize the main menu.
(2021-05-30, 02:41)scoonbag Wrote:
(2021-05-23, 05:50)MacGyver Wrote:

4.0b1 archive is here

Works fine with me except the the "Music" home screen background has disappeared. It isn't available in the list of stock images when I try to customize the main menu.

Made a note of it and will fix for 4.1.0.  It seems the background and thumbnail is still there, but it's mislabeled as "Not Available."
(2021-05-30, 19:08)jingai Wrote:
(2021-05-23, 05:50)MacGyver Wrote: Installed over my existing version with no issues so far.

Made a note of it and will fix for 4.1.0.  It seems the background and thumbnail is still there, but it's mislabeled as "Not Available."

The other thing I've noticed is that when I pause a movie, instead of seeing the poster in the image in the bottom left corner, I get what appears to be a cropped version of the movie thumbnail image. Not sure if this is a bug in the skin or whether my database got corrupted during the conversion from Krypton to Matrix.
(2021-05-23, 05:50)MacGyver Wrote: Installed over my existing version with no issues so far.

Actually, just checked my TV shows, and the poster is correctly displayed on pause. Looks like it may be a bug. Thanks to you (and McGuyver) for everything you do for this awesome skin!
(2021-06-13, 14:04)scoonbag Wrote:
(2021-05-30, 02:41)scoonbag Wrote: Works fine with me except the the "Music" home screen background has disappeared. It isn't available in the list of stock images when I try to customize the main menu.

The other thing I've noticed is that when I pause a movie, instead of seeing the poster in the image in the bottom left corner, I get what appears to be a cropped version of the movie thumbnail image. Not sure if this is a bug in the skin or whether my database got corrupted during the conversion from Krypton to Matrix.

Created an issue for it.
(2021-06-15, 14:29)jingai Wrote:
(2021-06-13, 14:04)scoonbag Wrote:
(2021-05-30, 19:08)jingai Wrote: Made a note of it and will fix for 4.1.0.  It seems the background and thumbnail is still there, but it's mislabeled as "Not Available."

Created an issue for it.

This was bugging me so much that I looked into it myself and worked out a fix. I'm a biochemist, not a coder, so I don't have a Github account, nor do I want to commit a change in case I screw something up because I don't really know what I'm doing. I thought you might be interested in the fix in case it helps you pros find a proper fix faster. Anyway, it seems that Matrix is not recognizing "$INFO[VideoPlayer.Cover]" any more and instead looks for "$INFO[Player.Art(poster)]" , I changed some code in the "includes.xml" file from:

<!-- Movie Poster -->
                <control type="image">
                    <description>Movie Poster</description>
                    <posx>42</posx>
                    <posy>370</posy>
                    <width>216</width>
                    <height>318</height>
                    <texture background="true">$INFO[VideoPlayer.Cover]</texture>
                    <aspectratio scalediffuse="false">scale</aspectratio>
                    <visible>VideoPlayer.Content(Movies) + !String.StartsWith(VideoPlayer.Cover,default)</visible>
                </control>
                <control type="image">
                    <description>Movie Poster Frame</description>
                    <posx>28</posx>
                    <posy>350</posy>
                    <width>244</width>
                    <height>358</height>
                    <texture>frames/ClassicFrame_PosterMedium.png</texture>
                    <aspectratio>stretch</aspectratio>
                    <visible>VideoPlayer.Content(Movies) + !String.StartsWith(VideoPlayer.Cover,default)</visible>
                </control>

to:

<!-- Movie Poster -->
                <control type="image">
                    <posx>42</posx>
                    <posy>370</posy>
                    <width>216</width>
                    <height>318</height>
                    <texture background="true">$INFO[Player.Art(poster)]</texture>
                    <visible>VideoPlayer.Content(Movies) + !String.StartsWith(Player.Art,default)</visible>
                </control>
                <control type="image">
                    <posx>28</posx>
                    <posy>350</posy>
                    <width>244</width>
                    <height>358</height>
                    <visible>VideoPlayer.Content(Movies) + !String.StartsWith(Player.Art,default)</visible>
                </control>
Sorry for the late reply.  
Good catch, and good fix, works perfectly again.
I have to rebase my personal git repository before I can add it, but jingai will likely include it in the next release or bug-fix.
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
(2021-08-08, 18:54)scoonbag Wrote: This was bugging me so much that I looked into it myself and worked out a fix. I'm a biochemist, not a coder

I think you changed a little too much, which could cause weird/debugging issues later.
xml:

<!-- Movie Poster -->
                <control type="image">
                    <posx>42</posx>
                    <posy>370</posy>
                    <width>216</width>
                    <height>318</height>
                    <texture background="true">$INFO[VideoPlayer.Cover]</texture>
                </control>
                <control type="image">
                    <posx>28</posx>
                    <posy>350</posy>
                    <width>244</width>
                    <height>358</height>
                </control>
Should be changed to:
xml:

<!-- Movie Poster -->
                <control type="image">
                    <posx>42</posx>
                    <posy>370</posy>
                    <width>216</width>
                    <height>318</height>
                    <texture background="true">$INFO[Player.Art(poster)]</texture>
                </control>
                <control type="image">
                    <posx>28</posx>
                    <posy>350</posy>
                    <width>244</width>
                    <height>358</height>
                </control>

In other words, just one line (line 8 above) should be changed.
(2021-08-15, 23:07)MacGyver Wrote: Sorry for the late reply.  
Good catch, and good fix, works perfectly again.
I have to rebase my personal git repository before I can add it, but jingai will likely include it in the next release or bug-fix.
Thanks for confirming MacGuyver!

Does this also mean that line 313 in PlayerControls.xml also need to be changed, or can it be left alone (not making the change didn't seem to make a difference)?

<texture>$INFO[VideoPlayer.cover]</texture>

To:
<texture>$INFO[Player.Art(poster)]</texture>
I think the weirdness started around 19's release, and I can't remember how to get PlayerControls to take effect. It could likely use the change too, and they never announced that $INFO[VideoPlayer.cover] was no longer working, so it's tough to say what was impacted.
My local fanarts work in "movies" and "tv series" home screen background. They disappear in "music videos" home screen background...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Metropolis 4.0b1 for Kodi 190