• 2(current)
Beta Metropolis 3.5.0 beta for Kodi 18 (Leia)
Awesome work MacGyver, thanks for bringing us this... I only see 1 issue but am not sure if its a "skin" thing or "widget" thing. I have Recently Added Movies and TV... but they don't display unless I move across to them. 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/K3sAETy6o9cdBrgR7

I have attached a couple of images to try and show this...

Also, in older versions I have always added the lines below to Includes_Variables.xml which then shows different media flags for DTSX and Atmos soundtracks.  Any ideas why this may not work now?
 <variable name="MediaFlag_AudioCodec">
  <value condition="IsEmpty(ListItem.AudioCodec)">$INFO[VideoPlayer.AudioCodec,flags/AudioCodec/,.png]</value>
  <value condition="SubString(ListItem.Filenameandpath,.atmos.)">flags/audiocodec/atmos.png</value>
  <value condition="SubString(ListItem.Filenameandpath,.dtsx.)">flags/audiocodec/dtsx.png</value>
  <value>$INFO[ListItem.AudioCodec,flags/AudioCodec/,.png]</value>
 </variable>
I looked into it, and it appears to be designed that way, sort of. There is a "Hide Widgets until Focused" setting under "Home Options" that only shows up when the original view is set (I don't normally use that view). If you put  a check in there it will hide those icons until you press to the left.
I'm not sure just how it was meant to work. I can easily hide the icon, or make the sub-menu always show the text too, but I need to know how it was meant to display to know which one is the correct function. It will only do what you've observed in the original layout style.

I'm inclined to remove the setting entirely and fix it so the icon doesn't show unless you focus the menu, but I'd hate to remove a "feature" that someone likes. It seems like an oversight as displaying that image when widget media might not be available might be buggy.

I'll look into the media flags.
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
It's supposed to hide the widget entirely (icon and text) if the option is checked.  It does this on the last release of Metropolis.

The reason the option exists at all is to allow the space to be utilized by other global widgets, such as the currently playing song.
(2018-11-27, 15:46)MacGyver Wrote: I looked into it, and it appears to be designed that way, sort of. There is a "Hide Widgets until Focused" setting under "Home Options" that only shows up when the original view is set (I don't normally use that view). If you put  a check in there it will hide those icons until you press to the left.
I'm not sure just how it was meant to work. I can easily hide the icon, or make the sub-menu always show the text too, but I need to know how it was meant to display to know which one is the correct function. It will only do what you've observed in the original layout style.

I'm inclined to remove the setting entirely and fix it so the icon doesn't show unless you focus the menu, but I'd hate to remove a "feature" that someone likes. It seems like an oversight as displaying that image when widget media might not be available might be buggy.

I'll look into the media flags.
Thanks for coming back to me, its not a massive issue.. just seems different between versions. I cant check the old one as I have updated it Big Grin  "Hide Widgets until Focused" doesn't seem to do anything in the current version of the skin. Behaviour doesn't change regardless of what is selected.

Thanks for looking into the media flags... essentially anything with .atmos in the filename would display a different icon. This change doesn't seem to work now, but I cant see any changes in Kodi that would suggest why!
(2018-11-27, 16:44)jingai Wrote: It's supposed to hide the widget entirely (icon and text) if the option is checked.  It does this on the last release of Metropolis.

The reason the option exists at all is to allow the space to be utilized by other global widgets, such as the currently playing song.
 Is it supposed to display the widget contents just when the widget menu item is in focus or all the time unless the setting is checked?

Can we remove the always show view and skin setting and show the widget menu only when in focus and make sure the music overlays hide when the widget control is focused?  It only behaves this way in view #1.
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
(2018-11-27, 12:44)ziggy73701 Wrote: Also, in older versions I have always added the lines below to Includes_Variables.xml which then shows different media flags for DTSX and Atmos soundtracks.  Any ideas why this may not work now?
  <value condition="IsEmpty(ListItem.AudioCodec)">$INFO[VideoPlayer.AudioCodec,flags/AudioCodec/,.png]</value>
  <value condition="SubString(ListItem.Filenameandpath,.atmos.)">flags/audiocodec/atmos.png</value>
  <value condition="SubString(ListItem.Filenameandpath,.dtsx.)">flags/audiocodec/dtsx.png</value>
 </variable>

Try "String.Contains" instead.  As in 

Code:
  <value condition="String.Contains(ListItem.Filenameandpath,.atmos.)">flags/audiocodec/atmos.png</value>
  <value condition="String.Contains(ListItem.Filenameandpath,.dtsx.)">flags/audiocodec/dtsx.png</value>
 </variable>

They removed "SubString" for Leia.
2016-12-12 removed infobools
(2018-11-28, 08:37)MacGyver Wrote:
(2018-11-27, 12:44)ziggy73701 Wrote: Also, in older versions I have always added the lines below to Includes_Variables.xml which then shows different media flags for DTSX and Atmos soundtracks.  Any ideas why this may not work now?
 </variable>

Try "String.Contains" instead.  As in 

Code:
  <value condition="String.Contains(ListItem.Filenameandpath,.atmos.)">flags/audiocodec/atmos.png</value>
  <value condition="String.Contains(ListItem.Filenameandpath,.dtsx.)">flags/audiocodec/dtsx.png</value>
 </variable>

They removed "SubString" for Leia.
2016-12-12 removed infobools 
Perfect!!!! Absolute star... thank you!Image
(2018-11-28, 08:17)MacGyver Wrote:
(2018-11-27, 16:44)jingai Wrote: It's supposed to hide the widget entirely (icon and text) if the option is checked.  It does this on the last release of Metropolis.

Is it supposed to display the widget contents just when the widget menu item is in focus or all the time unless the setting is checked?

Can we remove the always show view and skin setting and show the widget menu only when in focus and make sure the music overlays hide when the widget control is focused?  It only behaves this way in view #1.  
If the setting is checked, it will not display the widget on the default home view until the user presses left to get at it.  This allows the Now Playing text to be visible when the cursor is over a menu item that contains a bottom widget, if the user prefers that.

If the setting is unchecked, the widgets will always display, and any Now Playing/etc text that would run into it is no longer displayed.  Album/etc artwork is displayed still, however.

The latter is my personal preference.  I don't want to remove that, which is why I made it an option.

For the alternate home views, what you describe in your second paragraph is exactly how it behaves currently.
So i spent about 3 hours looking into the widget display issue, and as best as I can tell, it's a bug related to 
Code:
!String.IsEmpty(Container(9000).ListItem.Property(widget))

For some reason this is not being parsed to <control id="8000" type="list"> correctly. It is always empty inside that one control, but visible everywhere else.

I honestly can't figure it out, it has to be a bug in Kodi.

I mean, I even flattened to the entire structure to figure it out (removed all includes and had one big 2000 line window xml file for Home), and nothing, it just doesn't work.

Short of installing every release in order and testing it on each one to see when it broke, I'm not sure I can fix this one.

EDIT:
It also seems to be making this 
Code:
String.IsEqual(Container(9000).ListItem.Property(widgetType), movies)
always empty and therefore is returning just "ListItem.Label" in GlobalWidgetLabel instead of the custom formatted one.

I checked a bunch of "ListItem.Property" strings and they all are having the same issue, they work in some places but not others. For instance, it will work in a stand-alone label, but not inside 8000.

I will try to find the date it started so I can post it to the Kodi devs as a bug, it will just take a while.
I for 1 appreciate all the time put in to that, sadly I have had to go back to Kodi 17.. no comment against you guys, there just seems to be a lot.. of bits just not working right within the main program. Specially for a RC release. I get that 18 is a huge code change, so for once.. for me.. am just going to be patient Big Grin

I started poking with your 1080 skin as well... I do like how that looks and may mess with that a little more Big Grin
(2018-12-04, 11:18)ziggy73701 Wrote: ... sadly I have had to go back to Kodi 17.. no comment against you guys, there just seems to be a lot.. of bits just not working right within the main program. Specially for a RC release.

I myself use 18 only on my test rig for the same reasons. I really should try to use it our main media center so I can submit any found bugs to the Devs, but I use LibreElec on a Nuc and can never tell if the instability is from the Kodi version or the Distro. Now that it's a RC I might try to muscle through it again, for science. Smile
(2018-12-04, 11:18)ziggy73701 Wrote: I started poking with your 1080 skin as well... I do like how that looks and may mess with that a little more Big Grin
That was just a test to see if the conversion from a 720 based number system could be be automated and how many handmade corrections would be required.
It was done on an older version and gets no updates.
I'd skip that test version one until Jingai and I are ready to commit to doing it correctly. It will require a bunch of work to fix the thousands of tiny alignment errors it's bound to cause.
I'm now sure that it's a bug in Kodi itself, It worked in Alpha1 and then didn't in Alpha2. I'm trying to lock down exactly when so I can try to get it bug-fixed by the dev team.

Any other bugs?
Updated the first post with the newest release.
Added skin support for the lyrics script CU LRC, per Issue #7.

Added/Fixed breadcrumbs for Roles per issue #65

• 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Metropolis 3.5.0 beta for Kodi 18 (Leia)0