• 1(current)
Beta Metropolis 3.5.0 beta for Kodi 18 (Leia)
Metropolis 3.5.0 (beta) for Kodi 18.1 (Leia).

This thread is for posting any issues and bugs you may find in the betas so that we can fix them prior to the official release.

Currently it will display as 3.4.xx until the official release of 3.5.0 sometime after official Kodi 18 is released.

Please post any issues you find and we will fix them as we can and release newer betas for testing, please include photos if possible to help us understand any issues.

3.5.0 beta10 (aka 3.4.30) 2019-05-10 -ChangeLog.txt

Note that you will need to fully uninstall previous Metropolis betas and alphas through the Addon menu prior to installing each new beta release. (some sort of Kodi issue with non-repository-based skins)

Random screenshots of new features.

Sets button that takes you to the list of movies in the set, and a 3d icon.

Playback speed adjustment support.

Larger album art and discart support.

CU LRC Lyric support.

Ability to disable home screen elements instead of just deleting them (you can still delete them if you want).

Better game support and menus.

Added an extra "Zoomed" fontset.
Thanks @MacGyver !  You rock.
Thank you MacGyver. I'm testing it now, all looks good so far.
Quote ronie: "Estuary is a giant piece of crap." Looking for a new quote. Ideas?
Thanks a lot. Really nice looking skin.
Question: artwork downloader add-on is broken so it doesn't show extra fanart.
Maybe you can implement artwork beef instead? Or is there maybe another way to show extrafanart?
Thanks.
(2018-11-07, 09:59)Aaiemron Wrote: Maybe you can implement artwork beef instead?
 Looks like it's broken in Kodi-18beta5 too, it won't run for me and throws this in the log when I try.

Code:
WARNING: [script.artwork.helper]: SeriesArtworkGrabber no longer supported
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
(2018-11-08, 04:23)MacGyver Wrote:
(2018-11-07, 09:59)Aaiemron Wrote: Maybe you can implement artwork beef instead?
 Looks like it's broken in Kodi-18beta5 too, it won't run for me and throws this in the log when I try.

Code:
WARNING: [script.artwork.helper]: SeriesArtworkGrabber no longer supported
I don't know why, but in other skins extra-fanart is working with Artwork Beef (E.g Aura skin).
I also use Kodi-18 beta 5 and no problems there with extra-fanart.
It seems to be running fine for me on Beta 5. Thanks.
Did you guys install the whole repo or just the addon?
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
(2018-11-11, 10:16)MacGyver Wrote: Did you guys install the whole repo or just the addon?
 The whole repo and from there the addon
I'll wait until Jingai chimes in before adding support for an addon not in the official Kodi repo, but I can always show you how to modify the source personally as a stop-gap until they fix the official one if you want.
(2018-11-11, 18:49)MacGyver Wrote: I'll wait until Jingai chimes in before adding support for an addon not in the official Kodi repo, but I can always show you how to modify the source personally as a stop-gap until they fix the official one if you want.

Yes, can you show me?
Sorry I've been busy. But as promised here is how to modify Metroplois to use Artwork Beef while the other addon is broken. (not required at all, only if you really can't wait.)

So go to where the Metropolis skin is installed and go to the "720p" folder (usually in "C:\Users\***insert-username-here***\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\skin.metropolis\720p\" in Windows, or  "/home/***insert-username-here***/.kodi/addons/skin.metropolis/720p/" in Linux or "/storage/.kodi/addons/skin.metropolis/720p/" in LibreElec/OpenElec. (any other OS, sorry, can't help)

Open the file named "DialogVideoInfo.xml" in a text editor (like Notepad++ or vi/nano) and change the block of code at line number 526 from this:
Code:
<control type="button" id="20">
<include>VideoInfoButton</include>
<texturenofocus>osd/osd_button_channel_previous_nf.png</texturenofocus>
<texturefocus>osd/osd_button_channel_previous_fo.png</texturefocus>
<onclick condition="String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,tvshow)">RunScript(script.artwork.downloader, mode=gui, mediatype=tvshow, dbid=$INFO[ListItem.DBID])</onclick>
<onclick condition="String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,movie)">RunScript(script.artwork.downloader, mode=gui, mediatype=movie, dbid=$INFO[ListItem.DBID])</onclick>
<include>Animation_ButtonFocus</include>
<visible>System.HasAddon(script.artwork.downloader) + [String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,movie) | String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,tvshow)]</visible>
</control>

to this:

Code:
<control type="button" id="20">
<include>VideoInfoButton</include>
<texturenofocus>osd/osd_button_channel_previous_nf.png</texturenofocus>
<texturefocus>osd/osd_button_channel_previous_fo.png</texturefocus>
<onclick condition="String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,tvshow)">RunScript(script.artwork.beef, mode=gui, mediatype=tvshow, dbid=$INFO[ListItem.DBID])</onclick>
<onclick condition="String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,movie)">RunScript(script.artwork.beef, mode=gui, mediatype=movie, dbid=$INFO[ListItem.DBID])</onclick>
<include>Animation_ButtonFocus</include>
<visible>System.HasAddon(script.artwork.beef) + [String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,movie) | String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,tvshow)]</visible>
</control>

It will still be named "Extra Artwork Downloader" not "Artwork Beef" and will only show up if the Artwork Beef addon is installed correctly.

You will either need to reload the skin or simply reboot Kodi.

I'm not sure how well it will work but that is how to do it. Good Luck! Smile
Aside from the 3rd party "Extra Artwork Downloader" addon being broken are there any other issues with the beta to report?  They can be small graphic glitches or huge issues, anything is fine.

We can't fix what we don't know about. Smile
(2018-11-19, 07:42)MacGyver Wrote: Aside from the 3rd party "Extra Artwork Downloader" addon being broken are there any other issues with the beta to report?  They can be small graphic glitches or huge issues, anything is fine.

We can't fix what we don't know about. Smile

After changing the xml file and rebooting kodi and running artwork beef, you can see other artwork indeed, but it's not changing. It's only showing one fanart picture.
(2018-11-19, 14:25)Aaiemron Wrote: After changing the xml file and rebooting kodi and running artwork beef, you can see other artwork indeed, but it's not changing. It's only showing one fanart picture. 
 You might have to ask the author, it is being used exactly as they described in their documentation.
I think that it just wants to be ran as a program addon, and then it just adds everything to everything. I'm not sure what they think that script call does but it definitely doesn't just scrape a singular media item for new images.

If you can get the correct script usage from them that searches just a singular item then let me know and I'll show you how to change it.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Metropolis 3.5.0 beta for Kodi 18 (Leia)0