• 1(current)
v18 Rar Archive Support
Hi!

Hope I'm posting in the correct forum. If not, please move if possible.

I'm having problems watching content (movies and TV) on Kodi 18 Leia Alpha if it's split into several rar archives. It works watching content that has been scraped, but not from the file explorer, ie not scraped. The content just doesn't show up. The VFS plugins are enabled. Is this a bug or do I need to adjust settings?

I've googled and tried Trac, which seems to be down, to no avail.

Thanks.
(2018-03-07, 20:22)Snaah Wrote: I've googled and tried Trac, which seems to be down, to no avail.

Thanks.
Trac is up, you need to log-in. Some .rar achives are sensitive to the iteration of the archiver and I don't think multiple segments are handled atm. Suggest unarchiving  into a Kodi friendly format. Hopefully this will be looked at, be please be patient.
Ok, I will login to Tract and see what I can find. It shouldn't have anything to do with the specifics of the archives, as the content works if it has been scraped and you watch it through Movies instead of Videos; scraped vs non-scraped.

EDIT: I was wrong. The movies I got working were not in rar archives. Seems rar archives don't work at all.
Code:
rar e
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2018-03-08, 02:39)nickr Wrote:
Code:
rar e
 I don't get what you mean.

https://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/17796
rar e is the invocation to extract your rar files. They are not needed.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2018-03-08, 03:15)nickr Wrote: rar e is the invocation to extract your rar files. They are not needed.
 Ok? Please explain what you mean. I do not invocate anything. Wink
Ask yourself: why am I using rar files?

The answer is usually "no reason".

So extract the files within the rar archive and get rid of the rar files.
(2018-03-08, 03:22)nickr Wrote: Ask yourself: why am I using rar files?

The answer is usually "no reason".

So extract the files within the rar archive and get rid of the rar files.
 I know why I'm using rar files, because of how easy it makes it to transfer a large file. Why unpack them if Kodi can show them packed? That's one thing that makes Kodi great. I hope Kodi 18 Leia will not drop support for rar archives.
Just checked and you're right, multirar file are no longer working however these were working with an earlier version of the vfs.rar addon in a old nightly build I've got on my PC, will need to do some investigation.
Restarting Kodi after enabling the vfs.rar seems to solve the problem for me although that shouldn't be required.
(2018-03-08, 23:50)jjd-uk Wrote: Restarting Kodi after enabling the vfs.rar seems to solve the problem for me although that shouldn't be required.
 Makes no difference here. Installed the latest alpha, disabled the two Virtual File Systems plugins, restarted, enabled plugins and restarted. I'm running Kodi 18 in portable mode as I don't want to mess up my 17.6 installation. Shouldn't be the problem, right?
Testing using portable mode is what I do so that is fine.

If the problem you’ve been seeing is the same as what I was getting then this build should be ok http://mirrors.kodi.tv/nightlies/windows...er-x64.exe can you confirm whether this works for you? This is one of the older nightly builds from Feb, for me the issue I see was introduced in the next one after that build.
If the above build I linked does work for you as well, then perhaps also worth seeing if the next build then does NOT WORK for you to confirm you get similar results to me http://mirrors.kodi.tv/nightlies/windows...er-x64.exe
(2018-03-09, 01:01)jjd-uk Wrote: Testing using portable mode is what I do so that is fine.

If the problem you’ve been seeing is the same as what I was getting then this build should be ok http://mirrors.kodi.tv/nightlies/windows...er-x64.exe can you confirm whether this works for you? This is one of the older nightly builds from Feb, for me the issue I see was introduced in the next one after that build.
I installed the build you linked to over the previous installation and it made no difference for me. Doing a clean install won't solve it, right? How many rar files are there in the archive you're testing? The least amount I've tried is 24.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Rar Archive Support1