Solved Help Needed: Integrating 4K UHD Info via combin, NFO and Universal Movie Scrapper
Hello everyone,

I'm currently facing a challenge with my Kodi setup and would greatly appreciate any insights or advice from this knowledgeable community. Below is a detailed overview of my situation:

Setup Details:
Platform: Kodi Nexus (latest version) on NVIDIA TV Shield Pro
Skin: AEON Nox Silvo
Scraper: Universal Movie Scrapper, configured to retrieve information from TMDB

Objective: My media library consists of both digital files and offline media disks. I aim to differentiate media formats (DVD, Blu-ray, UHD Blu-ray) in my library, specifically to display appropriate logos (e.g., 4K for UHD Blu-ray, Bluray logo only if standard blu-ray and DVD logo if DVD). While the skin recognizes DVD and Blu-ray formats correctly through the stub file naming format, I'm struggling to integrate UHD Blu-ray information, particularly the 4K logo, due to limitations with the skin and naming conventions.

Attempted Solution: To address this, I've attempted to use combination NFO files to supplement the media information, hoping to achieve the desired differentiation. Unfortunately, I've encountered issues integrating this additional information from the NFO files with the data scraped by the Universal Movie Scrapper.

Example Setup:
Folder Name: The Iron Claw (2023)
Contents:
The Iron Claw (2023).4K.bluray.504.disc
The Iron Claw (2023).4K.bluray.504.nfo

The NFO file was created using Notepad++ and was saved in UTF-8 format. It includes detailed information, such as title, year, format (Blu-ray UHD 4K), resolution, and video stream details.

NFO file content:
XML:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<movie>
  <title>The Iron Claw</title>
  <year>2023</year>
  <format>Blu-ray UHD 4K</format>
  <resolution>4K</resolution>
  <!-- Custom tag for resolution; not standard and may not be recognized by all software -->
  <tag>4K</tag>
  <!-- Custom tag for format; not standard and may not be recognized by all software -->
  <tag>Blu-ray</tag>
  <tag>BluRay</tag>
  <videoassettitle>Standard Edition</videoassettitle>
  <videoassetid>40400</videoassetid>
  <videoassettype>0</videoassettype>
  <fileinfo>
        <streamdetails>
            <video>
                <codec>h264</codec>
                <aspect>1.777778</aspect>
                <width>4096</width>
                <height>2160</height>
                <durationinseconds>7838</durationinseconds>
                <stereomode></stereomode>
                <hdrtype>HDR10</hdrtype>
            </video>
        </streamdetails>
  </fileinfo>
</movie>
https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/850165-the-iron-claw

Issue Encountered: Upon scanning the movie into the library, the information from the NFO file is recognized, but the scraper does not seem to retrieve any additional data. It appears that I can only use either the NFO data or the scraper data, but not both simultaneously.

See images of the results here

As you see it seems that the combination nfo above does not work as advertised. It does not employ the scrapper for additional data. It is either the nfo data or the scrapper data. Not both.

Request for Assistance:
Has anyone experienced a similar issue or has insight into integrating NFO files with scraper data in Kodi?

Are there known limitations or specific configurations required to achieve this integration?

Have you picked up any mistakes or shortcomings in my setup?

Any guidance or suggestions would be highly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your help!

Regards
A.
(2024-03-31, 12:13)totopsgr Wrote: Have you picked up any mistakes or shortcomings in my setup?
You have too many non-standard tags in the nfo file so Kodi is getting confused. (where did you find those tags?)
Try this...

xml:
<movie>
<year>2023</year>
<tag>4K</tag>
<tag>Blu-ray</tag>
<tag>BluRay</tag>
</movie>

Don't use Universal Movie Scraper as it is unmaintained and known to currently have scraping issues. Use the default TheMovieDatabase Python scraper.

I've removed the streamdetails because v19 and v20 have a but where streamdetails are ignored in nfo files. It is fixed in v21.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2024-03-31, 20:37)Karellen Wrote:
(2024-03-31, 12:13)totopsgr Wrote: Have you picked up any mistakes or shortcomings in my setup?
You have too many non-standard tags in the nfo file so Kodi is getting confused. (where did you find those tags?)
Try this...

xml:
<movie>
<year>2023</year>
<tag>4K</tag>
<tag>Blu-ray</tag>
<tag>BluRay</tag>
</movie>

Don't use Universal Movie Scraper as it is unmaintained and known to currently have scraping issues. Use the default TheMovieDatabase Python scraper.

I've removed the streamdetails because v19 and v20 have a but where streamdetails are ignored in nfo files. It is fixed in v21.

Thank you for your reply. I have switched to the TheMovieDatabase Python scraper and it now does the scraping properly after reading the combination nfo file. My original lengthy nfo file was basically me copying resolution-related parts from nfo templates out there trying to make it work getting the 4K logo triggered by the nfo file. It did work but then I didn't bother defining which part of the nfo file triggered the 4K logo since I had the scraper issue to resolve. 

Coming to your suggestion for an nfo file format, unfortunately, it doesn't trigger the 4K logo. I figured, though, by experimenting with the content of my initial nfo file, one that it does:

XML:
<movie>
  <year>2023</year>
  <fileinfo>
        <streamdetails>
            <video>
                <aspect>1.777778</aspect>
                <width>4096</width>
                <height>2160</height>
                <hdrtype>HDR10</hdrtype>
            </video>
        </streamdetails>
  </fileinfo>
</movie>

This particular NFO succeeds on all fronts. I get the 4K logo, HDR10 logo, and aspect ratio logo appearing while triggering a search with the scrapper that fills the rest of the data. I am a bit concerned, though, about what you mentioned regarding "streamdetails" in the NFO not working or will not be working in the future anymore.

I would appreciate it if you would elaborate. I am looking for a long-term solution.

Regards
A.
(2024-04-01, 10:51)totopsgr Wrote: about what you mentioned regarding "streamdetails" in the NFO not working or not being working anymore.
See the fix here... https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/24386
Implemented in v21, but not backported to v20.

Most users wouldn't notice. It was only recently discovered when some users were trying (for some unknown reason) to force 4K details on 1080 content.
Also, if you are going to add streamdetails into the nfo file, then make sure it is complete - video, audio, subtitles. Kodi won't fill in the missing parts if there is missing data in the nfo file.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2024-04-01, 10:56)Karellen Wrote:
(2024-04-01, 10:51)totopsgr Wrote: about what you mentioned regarding "streamdetails" in the NFO not working or not being working anymore.
See the fix here... https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/24386
Implemented in v21, but not backported to v20.

Most users wouldn't notice. It was only recently discovered when some users were trying (for some unknown reason) to force 4K details on 1080 content.
Also, if you are going to add streamdetails into the nfo file, then make sure it is complete - video, audio, subtitles. Kodi won't fill in the missing parts if there is missing data in the nfo file.

Thanks for clarifying. I think, in my case, it would not be a problem. I will only be using nfo files to add offline media data for stub files. So there would not be any conflicts between actual video file content specs and NFO content. I will be adding audio format lines in the nfo as well though, since I am a bit OCD with my setup Tongue

Thank you for your support. My issue has been resolved.

Regards
A.
Thread marked solved.
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help Needed: Integrating 4K UHD Info via combin, NFO and Universal Movie Scrapper0