Video Codec Icon
Video 
I use TinyMediaManager to scrape local data for Kodi to use. I have noticed in screenshots that the codec is often shown in the media details with the studio's, ratings etc.

This is missing on my view. Is this because the codec information is missing from the NFO file?

Thanks in advance.
I've recheched the nfo file and the information is actually there:

xml:
<fileinfo>
    <streamdetails>
      <video>
        <codec>HEVC</codec>
        <aspect>2.35</aspect>
        <width>1920</width>
        <height>816</height>
        <durationinseconds>5506</durationinseconds>
        <stereomode/>
      </video>
      <audio>
        <codec>AAC</codec>
        <language/>
        <channels>6</channels>
      </audio>
      <subtitle>
        <language/>
      </subtitle>
    </streamdetails>
  </fileinfo>

What could be the reason that the icon is not shown?

Thanks
I am not sure if ALLCAPS makes a difference.
Can you try a movie with <codec>hevc</codec> instead

Looking at the code, it is all lower case...
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/dad144...#L205-L211

And looking in my own database, every codec is lowercase
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Looking at another file, which also doesn't display the codec:

<fileinfo>
    <streamdetails>
      <video>
        <codec>h264</codec>
        <aspect>2.35</aspect>
        <width>1920</width>
        <height>816</height>
        <durationinseconds>6455</durationinseconds>
        <stereomode/>
      </video>
      <audio>
        <codec>AAC</codec>
        <language/>
        <channels>2</channels>
      </audio>
    </streamdetails>

That's all in lower case and also doesn't display.

I have other issues with new episodes not being picked up, so maybe the database is not in the best of health.

I'll probably rebuild it with the latest version of Kodi and take it from there.

Thanks
(2024-05-09, 11:08)Herman Munster Wrote: I have other issues with new episodes not being picked up, so maybe the database is not in the best of health.
You can PM me your database if you like, and I can give it a quick check.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Copressed, it's just under 30MB, is that too large?
(2024-05-09, 13:25)Herman Munster Wrote: Copressed, it's just under 30MB, is that too large?
No, it's fine.

I don't see any issues in the database. Codecs look fine.
I did notice the codecs are not displayed in Aeon Tajo. But when switching back to Estuary, the codecs are displayed. Can you confirm that?

As for the tv show not scranning, can you provide a Debug Log.
My Signature
I don't understand why you both say the codecs are not displayed in Aeon Tajo. I don't have any problem with that, nor anyone has ever complained. I did a quick portable installation with a bunch of movies with the Kodi repo version of Aeon Tajo, so as to double-check and there's no problem at all, either in Estuary or Aeon Tajo...

If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, please click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :)
When I dropped in the database from the OP, the codec flag was not shown, unless you are counting the Bluray logo as a codec flag...
and that is the problem, he is wondering why everybody elses screenshots show the codec flags, but his doesn't.
Maybe you can test with his database?

My Signature
Ok, now I understand the issue. Aeon Tajo's variable for video codec contains this line:

<value condition="String.Contains(ListItem.Filenameandpath,bluray) | String.Contains(ListItem.Filenameandpath,blu-ray) | String.Contains(ListItem.Filenameandpath,bdrip)">$VAR[mediaicons_path]videocodec/bluray.png</value>

I guess the file name of the user contains any of those strings and that's the reason why the bluray.png image is shown. I suppose it seemed to me a good idea years ago to add that line, but I think I'll change that variable to output the same results as Estuary. The next version of Aeon Tajo will have that change.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, please click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :)
Thank you @manfeed
My Signature
Thumbs Up 
Thanks for taking the time to look at this. I updated to the latest version of Kodi and, I assume, the database upgrade has fixed the issue of updates not being found.

I'll be sure to donate.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video Codec Icon0