Small portable home media player
Hello everybody,

I need a recommendation. For a long time now I have used the Xoro HMT 360 Image
and I still like it in principle, but it is sooo slooooooow nowadays that it is almost unusable.

So I'd like to find something similar. I want a simple independent standalone device that only ever will need WiFi to connect to my local WLAN, to play mostly music and audiobooks and the occasional youtube video. I'm NOT looking for a speaker to connect to my phone; I really like the idea of a very basic small tablet user interface combined with speakers in a single handy case. It is only ever used at home, mostly in the kitchen, or I carry it around when cleaning the apartment, sometimes I take it to the bathroom when taking a long shower, or when doing some handywork, little repairs etc.
So ideally it is basic, simple, robust and inexpensive (I have dropped mine several times, and with usecases that include sawdust and shower steam it might have limited lifetime...). I do not want anything like an Amazon Echo because of all the microphones (I do not use and do not want Alexa).

So maybe someone has a recommendation, maybe there are some dinosaurs like me out there that do not do everything with their phone...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Small portable home media player0