v21 4320p settings (UI + video)
I don't know if i'm in the right section. If not please (re)move this thread.

I just recently bought a 8K TV from Samsung (900D) and a 8K media player that has a Amlogic S928X SoC. I use Kodi to mainly stream 4K BluRay's from my Synology NAS. 2160p (60fps) plays without any issues.
I'm experimenting with 8K. So I got a couple of 8K files that i'm testing using kodi. In the Kodi system settings i'm using the 3840x2160p resolution without any issues playing media. When I use the 7680x4320p resolution the movies kind of lag. Not completely, but most of the time. Is this normal?

Second. 8K - HDR - 60fps - AV1 do play, but sometimes there's like a small stutter. The audio has no issues and 8K 30fps plays fine without any issues. The best way I can describe the playback is like: [Smooth - Stutter - stutter - Smooth - Smooth - Stutter (etc.)] When using another Android video player I don't experience any issues. Is there something in the settings I should be aware of that might help creating a flaweless playback. 

If you need more info let me know.
Hi there,
I have a few questions,
What brand is your player?
I am assuming this is an android box, if so, can you please confirm?
And last but not least, can you post a debug log with the following settings and post it here https://paste.kodi.tv/?
<advancedsettings>
    <loglevel hide="true">3</loglevel>
    <setting id="debug.setextraloglevel">32768</setting>
</advancedsettings>
If you need more information on how to do this, please refer to  Log_file/Advanced (wiki)   for instructions
Just place your advancedsettings.xml file to the appropriate file location based on your operating system.
¡¿Beg your pardon?!... english is not my mother tongue, please bear with me...
Kodi V. Nexus and Omega, Aeon MQ 7 Nexus and Omega & Aeon MQ 8 Nexus and Omega Modded by @latts9923
ECE, MCS.
Thank you for your reply. To give some answers to your questions:

Brand player: Ugoos AM8 PRO
CPU: Amlogic S928X-J
GPU: Mali G57 MC2

I have added the advancedsettings.xml file in the folder: \Android\data\org.xbmc.kodi\files\.kodi\userdata

If you need more info let me know.
Kodi log: https://paste.kodi.tv/jewiwuvehu.kodi
Don't know much about DV, but seeing this again and again
Code:
[hevc] Multiple Dolby Vision RPUs found in one AU. Skipping previous.
[hevc] PPS id out of range: 0
[hevc] Error parsing NAL unit #1.

suggests to me ffmpeg (used by Kodi to read video) doesn't like your file.

scott s.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
4320p settings (UI + video)0