Only 1080p on Philips Android 11
Hi Guys,

I just happened to have a look through the log (old habits) and noticed the lines:

[WHITELIST] Searching the whitelist for: width, height, etc (all the correct 4k here).: false
Display resolution ADJUST : 1920x1080 etc.

Trying to find actual resolution from TV was unsuccessful.

With the file playing, went to Settings -> Video settings and changed View mode from Normal to Original size and I got a full screen (no letter box) zoomed-in image.

At this point I'm assuming the "whitelist" has somehow found somewhere better to be and I don't think waiting for its return would be advisable.

Can someone please help pointing me in the right direction for nailing down a replacement in my system?

Many thanks in advance,

Cat
Update:

After shooting at every star, after I went down every rabbit hole, there is only one sad truth about Android TV OSing Kodi: the bugger is stupidly shy! He just doesn't want to let him see his resolutions.

Kodi's been doing all I was asking for but Shy TV would only let him see up to his FHD, so down throws Kodi the resolution to FHD, up puts the TV the resolution back to 4K, what a flipping mess!

Would have been nice but it just wasn't ment to be. Sorry guys, got a server running and Shy TV has no skirt on when Jellyfin is running.

I will revisit this if I get a Linux box but until then... Happy Kodiing, everyone!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Only 1080p on Philips Android 110