Do I upgrade from 18.6/Leia before migrating to new PC or after?
Database versions: https://kodi.wiki/view/Databases

If you are using Omega, then that would be MyVideos131 and 116 would be for Leia. For this database library to work, paths must be exact.
(2024-05-08, 19:51)PatK Wrote: Database versions: https://kodi.wiki/view/Databases

If you are using Omega, then that would be MyVideos131 and 116 would be for Leia. For this database library to work, paths must be exact.

Thanks, but I think you may have answered a question that I didn't ask. My question is about how to convert my old database, as discussed earlier in the thread.
(2024-05-08, 19:30)Jackanory Wrote: My guess, is that I should move MyVideos131 into my backup, then copy MyVideos116.db into my Databases folder. At which point, if I then open Kodi/Omega, it would do the automagical database conversion/construction.
Yes, if you delete the MyVideos131 and replace it with MyVideos116, Kodi will upgrade the DB on startup.
But this is not the best method to retain your library through an upgrade/rebuild. One of the biggest issues is missing artwork. Artwork links have an expiry date, so you will find many gaps in your library.

If you want to preserve your library without complications and prayers, then you need to regularly export your library to Separate Files (nfo files). You also need to have local artwork as the two go hand-in-hand.
So when you scrape media, you need to have Artwork Dump running in the background so it can download the original artwork. The Kodi export function exports a modified version of the artwork- which you don't want.
I can rebuild my movie library of 617 movies in 3min 58sec, and around 20 min for 6,000 episodes, and it is an exact replica of my library as it as when I ran the last Export. How much time have you spent fiddling with this "backdoor" method?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2024-05-08, 22:37)Karellen Wrote:
(2024-05-08, 19:30)Jackanory Wrote: My guess, is that I should move MyVideos131 into my backup, then copy MyVideos116.db into my Databases folder. At which point, if I then open Kodi/Omega, it would do the automagical database conversion/construction.
Yes, if you delete the MyVideos131 and replace it with MyVideos116, Kodi will upgrade the DB on startup.
Thanks, I shall attend to that forthwith.

I'll consider your other suggestion for the future. Revo died the death, and I was grateful to have recovered my backups from it. Since you've atomized (or at least promised to atomize) the remnants of 18.6, I don't really have recourse to rebuild that version and export my artworky bits as suggested. Perhaps one day I shall hone my movie collection down from its rather cumbersome 5000+ movies. In the meantime, I'll pretend that I like fiddling with my backdoor! :o)
After I figured out that I needed to run .recover on the old database, the conversion was virtually instantaneous. In the past it seemed to take forever ... I'll put that down to wheezy Revo vs. snorty miniMEO!

I guess the recovery was needed because I decided to run 'clean' as a parting shot, and it must've still been running when Revo went to meet its maker.

I shall now focus efforts on getting more of my FireTV remote's buttons to work. Navigating with Bluetooth is so much crisper than with my old Harmony/IR setup!

Thanks for the help!

Dave

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Do I upgrade from 18.6/Leia before migrating to new PC or after?0