• 202(current)
Beta Arctic Horizon 2
(2024-04-27, 17:03)Dunjam0n Wrote: https://ibb.co/X5bsZFp

This is my current screen. I have watched half of the Sugar episode. If I click it, it will continue to play from where I left off. I suspect the issue may be other add-ons I'm using, but it's worked previously.

Everything appears OK.
Is it a new install or updating Kodi?

If it's new I'd suggest starting again using a Portable Kodi version and testing just Kodi and Arctic Horizon before installing other Addons. It should work out of the box. Then make the script changes if you wish to get the changes.
Or try disabling all other addons making sure you keep the skin dependencies active and if it works re-enable addons one by one.

Failing that post a debug log
(2024-04-27, 17:32)ChocOranger Wrote:
(2024-04-27, 17:03)Dunjam0n Wrote: https://ibb.co/X5bsZFp

This is my current screen. I have watched half of the Sugar episode. If I click it, it will continue to play from where I left off. I suspect the issue may be other add-ons I'm using, but it's worked previously.

Everything appears OK.
Is it a new install or updating Kodi?

If it's new I'd suggest starting again using a Portable Loki version and testing just Kodi and Arctic Horizon before installing other Addons. It should work out of the box. Then make the script changes if you wish to get the changes.
Or try disabling all other addons making sure you keep the skin dependencies active and if it works re-enable addons one by one.

Failing that post a debug log

It's an update. I suspect it's my main add-on that I use. I'll try and scrap everything and start again to see if that helps.

Cheers for your help
(2024-04-27, 18:59)Dunjam0n Wrote: It's an update. I suspect it's my main add-on that I use. I'll try and scrap everything and start again to see if that helps.

Cheers for your help

Please do post back with what happens. Can I ask what the Add-on is that you think may be causing an issue? It will help for the future. Thanks.
(2024-04-27, 23:55)ChocOranger Wrote:
(2024-04-27, 18:59)Dunjam0n Wrote: It's an update. I suspect it's my main add-on that I use. I'll try and scrap everything and start again to see if that helps.

Cheers for your help

Please do post back with what happens. Can I ask what the Add-on is that you think may be causing an issue? It will help for the future. Thanks.

I'm not sure if we're able to discuss add-ons here. I didn't manage to get it to work unfortunately. It's not the end of the world, the functionality still works properly.
(2024-04-28, 09:30)Dunjam0n Wrote:
(2024-04-27, 23:55)ChocOranger Wrote:

Cheers for your help

I'm not sure if we're able to discuss add-ons here. I didn't manage to get it to work unfortunately. It's not the end of the world, the functionality still works properly.
You can post legal add-ons. You should delete the banned add-ons.
Titan Bingie Mod
(2024-04-27, 05:11)NolanGrayson Wrote: This skin won't work on the latest Kodi 21 when Kodi auto-updates from version 20 to 21. Even when uninstalling this skin and it's dependencies, then reinstalling them from jurialmunkey's repo. It will work at first within the current session, but upon restarting Kodi, I think Kodi tries "migrating add-ons" again, disables AH2, and reports that AH2 is not compatible again. All attempts to update jurialmunkey's repo fail all over again. Rinse and repeat.
My Android just updated to Kodi 21 and I have the same problem. Updating AH2 throws the error that it's not compatible with this version. The AH2 I am trying to update too is 0.8.28 from 22/04/24

In desperation ai tried artic fuse. Installs fine but I am completely lost trying to set up even the most basic things.

Has anyone found a way to resolve the AH2 android issue?
(2024-04-28, 15:35)dalben Wrote: Updating AH2 throws the error that it's not compatible with this version
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3174988
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thanks.  That explains the issue.

I see the latest AH2 has <import addon="xbmc.gui" version="5.16.0" />.  It would be good to know if AH2 will be upgraded to support 5.17, or whether it just needs to have addon.xml updated, or whether that's the end of AH2 on Kodi 21.

While Artic Fuse may be the future, It's going to take a while to understand how it works and what it can do, and re-think how I set things up before I can get it working.  In the meantime I have 2 Kodi installs that are broken, something the family are giving me grief over.
(2024-04-29, 03:30)dalben Wrote: Thanks.  That explains the issue.

I see the latest AH2 has <import addon="xbmc.gui" version="5.16.0" />.  It would be good to know if AH2 will be upgraded to support 5.17, or whether it just needs to have addon.xml updated, or whether that's the end of AH2 on Kodi 21.

While Artic Fuse may be the future, It's going to take a while to understand how it works and what it can do, and re-think how I set things up before I can get it working.  In the meantime I have 2 Kodi installs that are broken, something the family are giving me grief over.
So does upgrading Kodi from v20 to v21 mean AH2 no longer works? Sounds like there's a few reports of it breaking now.

Also, if I install Arctic Fuse in v20 and configure it, does that configuration carry over to v21 or would I need to configure it again after upgrading?
(2024-04-29, 03:30)dalben Wrote: I see the latest AH2 has <import addon="xbmc.gui" version="5.16.0" />.  It would be good to know if AH2 will be upgraded to support 5.17, or whether it just needs to have addon.xml updated, or whether that's the end of AH2 on Kodi 21.

(2024-04-29, 14:43)jkerrigan Wrote: So does upgrading Kodi from v20 to v21 mean AH2 no longer works? Sounds like there's a few reports of it breaking now.
Also, if I install Arctic Fuse in v20 and configure it, does that configuration carry over to v21 or would I need to configure it again after upgrading?

You just need to update addon.xml and the skin will work. All configurations will carry forward to v21. gui version 5.17.0 just contains some new skinning functionality that Arctic Horizon doesn't use.

If you use Favourites, depending on how you use them, you may need to set up a skin shortcut to favourites ie a menu item pointing to them.
All favourites will kept in v21.

An easy way to upgrade is:

Close Kodi.
Update Kodi to v21 but DO NOT run it yet.
Make the change to addon.xml
Start Kodi and smile as it will look the same as before.

Note: if you use Jellyfin as a server, reply and I'll give you details of how to update Jellyfin.
(2024-04-29, 16:40)ChocOranger Wrote:
(2024-04-29, 03:30)dalben Wrote: I see the latest AH2 has <import addon="xbmc.gui" version="5.16.0" />.  It would be good to know if AH2 will be upgraded to support 5.17, or whether it just needs to have addon.xml updated, or whether that's the end of AH2 on Kodi 21.

(2024-04-29, 14:43)jkerrigan Wrote: So does upgrading Kodi from v20 to v21 mean AH2 no longer works? Sounds like there's a few reports of it breaking now.

You just need to update addon.xml and the skin will work. All configurations will carry forward to v21. gui version 5.17.0 just contains some new skinning functionality that Arctic Horizon doesn't use.

If you use Favourites, depending on how you use them, you may need to set up a skin shortcut to favourites ie a menu item pointing to them.

Close Kodi.

Note: if you use Jellyfin as a server, reply and I'll give you details of how to update Jellyfin.
You write : "make the change to addon.xml". Does this mean that I only have to change the version number, and that's it ? Nothing else to change ?
You write : "start Kodi and smile". Is this mandatory ? 😉
Tnx.

Close Kodi.

It looks like we found the magic trick but don't know how to use it
(2024-04-29, 18:17)SirRickie Wrote: You write : "make the change to addon.xml". Does this mean that I only have to change the version number, and that's it ? Nothing else to change ?

(2024-04-29, 18:54)realalberto Wrote: It looks like we found the magic trick but don't know how to use it

Edit addons\skin.arctic.horizon.2\addon.xml and change the gui version as below

Code:
<import addon="xbmc.gui" version="5.17.0" />

No other changes are required.

Don't forget to smile Wink

Will you be updating the Favourites to FavouritesBrowser and setting my MyFavourites.xml to the skin later on?
Titan Bingie Mod
(2024-04-29, 16:40)ChocOranger Wrote:  If you use Favourites, depending on how you use them, you may need to set up a skin shortcut to favourites ie a menu item pointing to them.
(2024-04-29, 22:49)AchillesPunks Wrote: Will you be updating the Favourites to FavouritesBrowser and setting my MyFavourites.xml to the skin later on?
I'm not involved officially with the skin in anyway. It's all thanks to jurialmunkey.

If I use FOSS I try to give something back and in this case it's trying to help people that have issues or difficulties with Arctic Horizon. It's a fantastic skin that I've extensively modified to my taste so I know some areas of the skin reasonably well and I try to help where I can.

I don't use favourites so haven't looked at what's needed to change to MyFavourites but what you can do is remap favourites see https://www.reddit.com/r/ShieldAndroidTV...?context=3, it's a different skin but should work.

It's a great pity @jurialmunkey doesn't want to spare a bit of time to add what for him would be relatively small changes for things like favourite v21 changes. The script bases between fuse and horizon share a lot of script. For anyone else new to any skin's scripts it can be, and usually is, extremely difficult to trace back where changes are needed.

Thanks for a fantastic skin jurialmunkey.
  • 202(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic Horizon 20