Bug report backlog?
I opened my first bug report a couple of weeks ago. Does anyone know how long it takes the devs to work down to a new report?
It was answered and solved wasn't it?

Loading local subtitles crashes Kodi
Hey Hitcher, actually it wasn't solved. Someone just asked about an alternate behavior and no one responded when I replied.

But I did more digging on the problem and when I realized it was related to an annoying bug that's been present (but apparently not reported) since Krypton, I went ahead and opened an official Github ticket three weeks ago: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/20904 and it's still marked "Triage: needed."

And now I'm just wondering when someone might take a look at it; I'm sure it takes quite a while to work its way up the queue - just trying to set realistic expecations
Not sure where you are getting "Kodi 10.3" from in that github ticket, but it seems that overall development is going a little slow at the moment for whatever reasons. Volunteers, personal lives, you know... Also, the subtitle routines are being rekindled for Kodi 20 Nexus. No idea how this ticket is affected but that. It just might be that a fix will not make it for Kodi 19.

It's okay keeping taps on tickets, but Kodi has a skeleton crew at the moment and there really is no fixed ETA on ticket handling, so things can take a little longer than usual. It is what it is.
10.3... that's kinda funny. One of my machines runs LibreElec 10.0.1 and I apparently conflated that with 19.3 and my addled brain didn't see anything wrong with it. Ticket updated.

I guess I won't be surprised if it doesn't get fixed. Thanks for looking into it!
Nobody ever acknowledged my bug report but this bug seems to have finally been fixed in v.21. Thanks devs!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bug report backlog?0