• 9(current)
v19 Keymap Editor (Kodi 18/19 and on)
Oh yeah I was.  Sorry I posted it again as I thought it disappeared.  Apologies...
(2023-03-05, 11:50)Fatal.Lordes Wrote: Hiya

I'm new to Kodi and so far I'm loving it (I came from WMC environment).  One thing I want to do is be able to use keymap editor addon to program my remote but not sure how I go about it.  I'm looking to assign a remote key to speed up playback, and another key to slow down playback.  But I'm not sure what this function is called in keymap to edit the key.  I know to do it on a normal keyboard it is ALT Left and ALT Right, but how do I use keymap editor to assign that function to a key on my remote.  If it helps, the remote I'm using is this one:

Backlit Wireless Keyboard 2.4G Air Mouse Keypad Remote Control for HDTV TV Box
Keymap editor doesn't program your remote.  It takes the remote codes your remote has and maps them to different functions in Kodi.  I don't know if the phrasing you used was just imprecise, but the different between the two is the important thing to understand when using keymap editor.  All the Kodi functions are organized in keymap editor by their area.  In your case you should take a look in the VIDEOS > PLAYBACK area.  There are two options in that list called TEMPO UP and TEMPO DOWN.  I believe those are the two you want.  You would select them, then press a button on the remote to save that mapping.
(2023-03-05, 14:18)pkscout Wrote:

I'm new to Kodi and so far I'm loving it (I came from WMC environment).  One thing I want to do is be able to use keymap editor addon to program my remote but not sure how I go about it.  I'm looking to assign a remote key to speed up playback, and another key to slow down playback.  But I'm not sure what this function is called in keymap to edit the key.  I know to do it on a normal keyboard it is ALT Left and ALT Right, but how do I use keymap editor to assign that function to a key on my remote.  If it helps, the remote I'm using is this one:

Keymap editor doesn't program your remote.  It takes the remote codes your remote has and maps them to different functions in Kodi.  I don't know if the phrasing you used was just imprecise, but the different between the two is the important thing to understand when using keymap editor.  All the Kodi functions are organized in keymap editor by their area.  In your case you should take a look in the VIDEOS > PLAYBACK area.  There are two options in that list called TEMPO UP and TEMPO DOWN.  I believe those are the two you want.  You would select them, then press a button on the remote to save that mapping.

Hi there, just to clarify it isn't videos > playback but it should be Global > Playback.  Doing it in Videos > Playback did nothing but doing it in Global > Playback worked like a charm Smile
(2023-03-06, 01:39)Fatal.Lordes Wrote:
(2023-03-05, 14:18)pkscout Wrote:

Hi there, just to clarify it isn't videos > playback but it should be Global > Playback.  Doing it in Videos > Playback did nothing but doing it in Global > Playback worked like a charm Smile
Global makes the mapping available everywhere.  I assumed you were trying to speed up videos, but if you're doing audio only or something Kodi doesn't recognize as video, that's probably why it wasn't working.  Glad it got you close enough anyway.
(2023-03-06, 04:03)pkscout Wrote:
(2023-03-06, 01:39)Fatal.Lordes Wrote:
(2023-03-05, 14:18)pkscout Wrote: Keymap editor doesn't program your remote.  It takes the remote codes your remote has and maps them to different functions in Kodi.  I don't know if the phrasing you used was just imprecise, but the different between the two is the important thing to understand when using keymap editor.  All the Kodi functions are organized in keymap editor by their area.  In your case you should take a look in the VIDEOS > PLAYBACK area.  There are two options in that list called TEMPO UP and TEMPO DOWN.  I believe those are the two you want.  You would select them, then press a button on the remote to save that mapping.

Global makes the mapping available everywhere.  I assumed you were trying to speed up videos, but if you're doing audio only or something Kodi doesn't recognize as video, that's probably why it wasn't working.  Glad it got you close enough anyway.

Hi. Yes, I was trying to do video and it’s audio along with it. I tried in the location you said but it did nothing but when I tried it in global it worked.
Is there a way to create a keyboard shortcut for the "Zoom amount" slider using the Keymap Editor? Any help will be appreciated.

P
(2023-04-08, 00:07)peterrudy Wrote: Is there a way to create a keyboard shortcut for the "Zoom amount" slider using the Keymap Editor? Any help will be appreciated.

P

There is not.
Hi Guys - I'm a longtime Kodi > OpenELEC > Libreelec user. I have been using Libreelec for many years on an old (2013) Intel NUC (DC53427HYE). It's been many years since I used the Keymap Editor so bear with me. I recently bought a new NUC (NUC11TNKi3) and installed the latest version of LE (11.0.1 stable / Kodi 20.1). Installation was a breeze. Everything works flawlessly except for Keyboard and Remote Control. Only a few keys on a wired USB keyboard work. Others do nothing or send the wrong instructions. Also, my Logitech Harmony 665 Remote Control has the same issues. A few buttons work normally but others send wrong instructions. They worked fine on my old NUC

The question is - why would switching NUCs cause this issue?
And would using the Keymap Editor fix my issue?

Trying to use SSH and Putty is way more than I want to tackle at my stage of life (I'm 72).

Any help would be appreciated
(2023-05-21, 03:27)blueribb Wrote: The question is - why would switching NUCs cause this issue?
And would using the Keymap Editor fix my issue?
Are you having the issue with the keyboard just in Kodi or other places as well?  If the keyboard works everywhere else, at least we know the problem is Kodi and not a general issue.  It's not a solution, but it would help narrow the problem.  Also, did you copy over your Kodi userdata folder from the old NUC to the new one, or start from scratch.  If you copied it over, it's possible there is an existing keymap file that is causing the problem in Kodi.  If you did copy the userdata folder over, it might be worth checking userdata/keymaps and removing any files you find there (or at least rename them so that the extension on the end is .old instead of .xml) and then restarting Kodi.

And no, Keymap Editor likely isn't going to fix this.  KE just maps input to a different function.  If the input isn't working right, KE can't solve that.
I installed a fresh copy of Libreelec 11.0.1 (kodi 20.1) on the new NUC. I only use a keyboard to input text and such. I normally leave it disconnected. My Logitech Harmony 665 and HP IR Receiver were moved from the old NUC to the new one. It wasn't until I wanted to delete a TV Episode that I realized I couldn't bring up a sub-menu that contained "delete". It did something strange instead - flipping back to another page. Then I connected the keyboard and noticed a lot of keys lost their functionality. The delete key for instance, did nothing. A long time ago I seem to remember people were sharing custom keymaps for different makes of hardware (PCs). I played with the Keymap Editor last night and got the DELETE key on the keyboard working again but spent hours trying to navigate all the items in Keymap Editor and my head started to spin. Is there a manual on how to use it? Years ago I managed to add extended functions to my remote - like bringing up the chapters of a music video.

At bare minimum I would like a menu to pop up when I press a button, so I can choose to DELETE, MARK AS WATCHED or SCAN TO LIBRARY. Normally, the C key on the keyboard brought this menu up. Now it doesn't on both the keyboard and remote.
The only thing I can figure is that what that IR reciever is sending to your new NUC is being interpreted differently by the new NUC than it was on the old one.  Sounds like the keyboard mapping is also strange too.  This isn't really a Keymap Editor issue, although it sounds like Keymap Editor could help.  You might be better off posting this question as a new thread in the Linux support forum.
I tried a different IR Receiver which did the same thing. I agree with your theory about the new NUC interpreting the inputs differently. The NUC seller agreed to a refund. I will order a completely different model. 

Thanks for the help.
Needing some help. I'm a slightly advanced beginner with Kodi but a novice when it comes to the Xbox. Setting up for my son-in-law. Running Kodi 20.2 on Xbox One S. Needing to find out if there is a way to map for these 2(technically 4) things:

Fullscreen Video>Subtitle>Delay Minus/Plus 
and
Fullscreen Video>Navigation>Next/Previous letter

Possible? Yes or No?
If so? Any direction on py code for joystick.xml? Thank you!!!
(2023-07-09, 18:14)davelee77 Wrote: Needing some help. I'm a slightly advanced beginner with Kodi but a novice when it comes to the Xbox. Setting up for my son-in-law. Running Kodi 20.2 on Xbox One S. Needing to find out if there is a way to map for these 2(technically 4) things:

Fullscreen Video>Subtitle>Delay Minus/Plus 
and
Fullscreen Video>Navigation>Next/Previous letter

Possible? Yes or No?
If so? Any direction on py code for joystick.xml? Thank you!!!

Code:
<FullscreenVideo>
<customcontroller name="InsertControllerNameHere">
<button id="1">SubtitleDelayPlus</button>
<button id="2">SubtitleDelayMinus</button>
<button id="3">NextLetter</button>
<button id="4">PrevLetter</button>

I don’t have an Xbox One S but if you insert the proper controller name and correct button id numbers for the buttons you want to perform the actions with in the above example into your joystick.xml file it should work to do what you want it to.

I am curious about the Next Letter and Previous Letter action that you want to use during full screen video as it’s used for navigating a list. Is this a typo? Smile
Hi all. I’m trying to map a button on my keyboard to go straight to “movies” “tv shows” ect. Is this possible?? I can’t find it in the menu…
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Keymap Editor (Kodi 18/19 and on)0