• 6(current)
v20 Aeon MQ 8 for Nexus Mod
(2023-01-31, 06:13)wags1 Wrote: New versions of Metadatautils, SHS, SHSW, and TV Show Next Aired have been posted on GitHub. See here

UPDATE - NM, it just took longer to crash, so no this does not solve the issue.

Initial testing indicates that this has solved the issue. For folks who use a personal API key for TheAudioDB (this only applies to numeric only API keys which I think are US only) when you update metadatautils you will need to make the following change after the update:

Fix for audiodb api problem

In metadatautils, lib, helpers, theaudiodb.py - replace line near end of py file with - 

endpoint = 'https://www.theaudiodb.com/api/v1/json/%s/%s' % (self.api_key, endpoint)
Update 3 - crashed after approximately 30 minutes of music playback. Debug log here - Debug Log

Update 2 - crashed soon after I started Kodi before I even got playback going. Debug log here - Debug Log I will run again to try to get music playback going and post that debug log as well.

Update 1 - crashed at approximately 23 minutes. I’ll turn debug mode on and run again and post a link to the log.

@latts9923 I just deleted simplecache, cleared cache, and force stopped Kodi and am testing again. I’ll post my results after an hour and a half or so or if it crashes before then. See this post on the SHS thread here

If it does crash again I’ll repeat in debug mode and past a link to the debug log.
This crash issue does not appear to be a problem with the MQ8 Nexus Mod skin. I just did music playback using the default Estuary skin and it crashed right around the same time, 20-30 minutes. Debug log is here - Estuary Debug Log
(2023-01-31, 22:33)wags1 Wrote: This crash issue does not appear to be a problem with the MQ8 Nexus Mod skin. I just did music playback using the default Estuary skin and it crashed right around the same time, 20-30 minutes. Debug log is here - Estuary Debug Log
1. Background
- Starting from Kodi 19.5, Aeon MQ 8 Mod 1.0.3.5

2. Hardware Kodi runs on
- Nvidia Shield Pro 2019

3. Kodi database for TV Shows, Movies, Music and Concerts
 - Portainer based MariaDB running on openmediavault 6 Debian based OS NAS.
4. Disabled SHS AND SHW
5. Updated to Kodi 20.0
6. Updated SHS, SHW and SMM to 20.0 versions
7. installed Aeon MQ 8 Nexus Mod
8. Removed Aeon 8 Matrix skin
9. Stop Kodi and clear cache
10. Restart Kodi

No crashes and no problem playing music for last several hours.
Linux Mint 21.3 (Edge) "Virginia", Cinnamon DE
NVIDIA Shield Pro, OMV NAS,  Fractal Design Define R5 Case
Kodi "Omega", FreeBSD "pfSense Plus" Firewall/Router
(2023-02-01, 00:53)andrzejls Wrote:
(2023-01-31, 22:33)wags1 Wrote: This crash issue does not appear to be a problem with the MQ8 Nexus Mod skin. I just did music playback using the default Estuary skin and it crashed right around the same time, 20-30 minutes. Debug log is here - Estuary Debug Log
1. Background

2. Hardware Kodi runs on
- Nvidia Shield Pro 2019

4. Disabled SHS AND SHW
5. Updated to Kodi 20.0
10. Restart Kodi

@andrzejls Good info but it may have been too many things changed at once. It appears we are running the exact same HW. The DB is definitely different. I’m running my DB on a Synology NAS using MariaDB. I’m still getting the exact same crashes whether I’m running Estuary or MQ8 Nexus Mod, although I haven’t tried disabling or uninstalling MQ8 Nexus Mod (if you aren’t running it it shouldn’t make a difference if it’s still installed/enabled…should it?). Im running all the same versions of SHS, SHSW, and SWM. I only have music and movies (movies for testing only, don’t really use Kodi to watch movies anymore).

Dunno, I’m now seeing other reports of folks having the same crash issues (both during playback and just navigating menus, which I have also experienced) running Nexus on Android (not just Shield) and other skins in addition to Estuary (not just MQ8 Nexus Mod) so I’m thinking something is not fundamentally right at this point with Nexus running on Android.

I’m going to post a Kodi Nexus bug report on GitHub tomorrow.
(2023-02-01, 01:24)wags1 Wrote:
(2023-02-01, 00:53)andrzejls Wrote:
1. Background

2. Hardware Kodi runs on
- Nvidia Shield Pro 2019

4. Disabled SHS AND SHW
5. Updated to Kodi 20.0
10. Restart Kodi

@andrzejls Good info but it may have been too many things changed at once. It appears we are running the exact same HW. The DB is definitely different. I’m running my DB on a Synology NAS using MariaDB. I’m still getting the exact same crashes whether I’m running Estuary or MQ8 Nexus Mod, although I haven’t tried disabling or uninstalling MQ8 Nexus Mod (if you aren’t running it it shouldn’t make a difference if it’s still installed/enabled…should it?). Im running all the same versions of SHS, SHSW, and SWM. I only have music and movies (movies for testing only, don’t really use Kodi to watch movies anymore).

Dunno, I’m now seeing other reports of folks having the same crash issues (both during playback and just navigating menus, which I have also experienced) running Nexus on Android (not just Shield) and other skins in addition to Estuary (not just MQ8 Nexus Mod) so I’m thinking something is not fundamentally right at this point with Nexus running on Android.

This is strange. Synology is somewhat similar to Openmediavault and we both use MariaDb and same Nvidia Shield Pro`s. Can you check if your Kodi in Settings-->Services--SMB Client still is set to default SMB3 ?. I have changed to SMB2 for compatibility.

Note:
I use NFS not SMB fot Music, Movies and TV Shows. SMB is only for Skin backgrounds and Kodi backup add-on.
(2023-02-01, 02:02)andrzejls Wrote:
(2023-02-01, 01:24)wags1 Wrote:
(2023-02-01, 00:53)andrzejls Wrote: 1. Background

2. Hardware Kodi runs on
- Nvidia Shield Pro 2019

4. Disabled SHS AND SHW
5. Updated to Kodi 20.0
10. Restart Kodi

This is strange. Synology is somewhat similar to Openmediavault and we both use MariaDb and same Nvidia Shield Pro`s. Can you check if your Kodi in Settings-->Services--SMB Client still is set to default SMB3 ?. I have changed to SMB2 for compatibility.

Note:
I use NFS not SMB fot Music, Movies and TV Shows. SMB is only for Skin backgrounds and Kodi backup add-on.
@andrzejls I use NFS for everything as well. SMB Max protocol version is set to SMBV3 but it’s always been set that way…🤷🏻‍♂️ and I don’t use the Kodi backup addon at all, don’t even have it installed.

That said, I’m going to switch the SMB Max protocol version to SMBV2 and test. Worth a shot…unfortunately it still crashed so doesn’t look like that’s the problem.
So if I use SMB for my movies I should wait to upgrade to Nexus?
@wags1
I fixed those log errors that Angelinas reported...they existed in Leia, Matrix and Nexus.

Are you playing songs from a particular artist every time when it crashes around the 30 minute mark?
@wags1  The only time Kodi 70.0 with latest SHS, SHW crashes is when I first power up Nvidia, open Kodi and start to move around its menus. After crash when I open Kodi it works fine without any crashes. I just wonder is Synology is, possibly, the issue.

Update
I just. 3 times, shut down Nvidia Shield, restarted and immediately after Nvidia started opened Kodi, started going through Kodi menus and Kodi crashed. When Kodi opens for a second time Kodi runs fine.
@latts9923 It's been a different artist every time AFAICT. I'm streaming music so the artists come up at random.
@andrzejls Anything is possible but it does not seem to be a Synology issue since not everyone that is reporting crashes is using Synology. At this point I'm trying to proceed very carefully and methodically to test one thing at a time to see if I can isolate the problem.
(2023-02-01, 15:22)wags1 Wrote: @andrzejls Anything is possible but it does not seem to be a Synology issue since not everyone that is reporting crashes is using Synology. At this point I'm trying to proceed very carefully and methodically to test one thing at a time to see if I can isolate the problem.

That sounds like good plan.
@martinsvision If you are running on Android I would wait until these crashes are resolved.
I'm running Kodi on a Nvidia TV pro. Don't know if it's the skin or Kodi in general but Nexus crashes constantly so I've gone back to Matrix for now.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon MQ 8 for Nexus Mod0