• 4(current)
v20 Copacetic for Kodi Nexus (v20) - From the official repo
Hi  ,
love the skin and i'm happy to see how this is growing , sadly in my case with a bug from the copacetic helper that uses the same bugged  clearlogo for all the movies while i`m scrooling the library.
Anyone with the same issue?
Sorry if this has been discussed before.

Cool
(2023-07-16, 17:38)ofory2012 Wrote: Hi  ,
love the skin and i'm happy to see how this is growing , sadly in my case with a bug from the copacetic helper that uses the same bugged  clearlogo for all the movies while i`m scrooling the library.

Cool
That is most probably caused by the helper running into some sort of error that I haven't accounted for. With monitoring services, once they error out, they are stuck until you restart, meaning the path will no longer be updated and the logo will appear stuck.

Does it always break on the same logo? If it's getting stuck on a specific logo or logos, you can see which ones if you go to your userdata folder, then addon_data and skin.copacetic.helper. Anything in the temp folder means the monotiroing service was aborted before the cropping operation could be completed, so if you see something in there, those are the logos that are causing the problem. If you can let me know what you find.

Additionally, can you share a log so I can see what the helper is doing? Before you do that, if you go to the settings for script.copacetic.helper, you can enable additonal logging.

Thanks
(2023-07-17, 17:18)realcopacetic Wrote:
(2023-07-16, 17:38)ofory2012 Wrote: Hi  ,

Cool
That is most probably caused by the helper running into some sort of error that I haven't accounted for. With monitoring services, once they error out, they are stuck until you restart, meaning the path will no longer be updated and the logo will appear stuck.

Does it always break on the same logo? If it's getting stuck on a specific logo or logos, you can see which ones if you go to your userdata folder, then addon_data and skin.copacetic.helper. Anything in the temp folder means the monotiroing service was aborted before the cropping operation could be completed, so if you see something in there, those are the logos that are causing the problem. If you can let me know what you find.

Additionally, can you share a log so I can see what the helper is doing? Before you do that, if you go to the settings for script.copacetic.helper, you can enable additonal logging.

Thanks

In the meantime, it might be best to switch off the cropper in the skin settings. The alignment may not be ideal in some situations, but at least it will then revert to using the default clearlogo in your library and shouldn't cause any additional problems
(2023-07-17, 17:19)realcopacetic Wrote: In the meantime, it might be best to switch off the cropper in the skin settings. The alignment may not be ideal in some situations, but at least it will then revert to using the default clearlogo in your library and shouldn't cause any additional problems
Hi @realcopacetic ,
Yes that did fix it (switch off the cropper) and the behaviour was exactly what you say , when a was scrolling the library one logo movie did got stuck.So i erase that movie from library but nothing changed.
Thanks mate
I mean nothing changed because the movie that replaced the library spot did provided the new bugged logo.
Forgive my english.
(2023-07-18, 16:56)ofory2012 Wrote: I mean nothing changed because the movie that replaced the library spot did provided the new bugged logo.
Forgive my english.

Could you share with me a log please. I'd like to see what is causing the cropper to stop working so I can make sure that error is handled correctly and it doesn't make the whole thing crash. PM me if you prefer to discuss separately to this thread, thanks
I don't know if this is operator error or not, but do I have to configure the view per show?

I want view different based on level
Anime (Grid)
Season (List)
Episode (Strip)

It seems that everything defaults to list. But I have to change each series episode selection to strip which feels like it'll be tedious across 300 shows
(2023-07-19, 19:45)Rukongai Wrote: I don't know if this is operator error or not, but do I have to configure the view per show?

I want view different based on level
Anime (Grid)
Season (List)
Episode (Strip)

It seems that everything defaults to list. But I have to change each series episode selection to strip which feels like it'll be tedious across 300 shows

It works how you describe it, at least most of the time. The issue is that sometimes Kodi will remember the view for a specific show. I'll have to dig into it further, but I don't think this is a skin issue, unless people see it working flawlessly on other skins. If I change the seasons view on one of my shows to Strip, it seems to update to Strip for seasons view on around 90% of my shows, but there will be the odd one that I come across that I have to update individually.

Just confirmed I see the same behaviour on Estuary, so it's probably a bug in how the container switching works that the view gets 'cached' or something for some shows and not for others. But for me at least, it's only a minority of shows that need to be individually updated. Most will change automatically.
It seems your skin has updated in the skins repository, so I thought I'd try it on a PC. Good news is it seems to load fine now. I can't get much further than that as it doesn't get on too well with the mouse. Just though I'd mention it though and hoping to have a proper go on a Shield soon...
(2023-07-20, 03:25)arrbee99 Wrote: It seems your skin has updated in the skins repository, so I thought I'd try it on a PC. Good news is it seems to load fine now. I can't get much further than that as it doesn't get on too well with the mouse. Just though I'd mention it though and hoping to have a proper go on a Shield soon...

Yes it's been updated now. Unfortunately the skin doesn't have mouse support but I hope you get a chance to test it out
Went looking for something that gave my library that cinematic edge again, which this does a fairly good job at. Bravo. Currently testing on 21 Alpha 2 so these things may be affected.

Movies - Unable to get YouTube play for movies - enabled 
Movies - Fanart not cycling
Movies - Trying to locate a setting for addtl media flags
Tv Shows - Low res artwork in tv shows. Would like to select only high resolution. 
Music - Can’t get music to play - This is mostly likely due to Alpha version
(2023-07-22, 16:34)Tennyten Wrote: Went looking for something that gave my library that cinematic edge again, which this does a fairly good job at. Bravo. Currently testing on 21 Alpha 2 so these things may be affected.

Tv Shows - Low res artwork in tv shows. Would like to select only high resolution. 

Thanks for sharing the feedback and the issues you're facing. Some of this sounds like it might not be skin-dependent as I'm not aware of any issues regarding these things. Might need a bit more info to see what's what. I haven't tested this on v21 yet, but I think nothing has been introduced yet in terms of skin changes that would cause things to break. Cannot guarantee skin performance though, as this is currently optimised for v20.

Assuming you mean trailers here. The main thing to check is that the trailers are properly scraped by Kodi. If you go to the info screen for movies, and scroll through the main menu, do you have an option to play back the trailer? If not and if you can't play back trailers from the infoscreen in Confluence, it means that the trailers haven't been scraped. 

For extra fanart to work, it needs to be scraped into your library and then enabled in settings. For it to be picked up, it needs to be named like so movie.name-fanart.jpg, movie.name-fanart1.jpg, movie.name-fanart2.jpg. And all in the same folder as the movie. You can see if it's been picked up because if you go to a movie, then go to info and choose art, then scroll through the list, you should see the extra artwork in there under 'fanart1', 'fanart2' etc. Assuming it's in your library correctly, you just need to enable it in skin settings by going to Settings > Copacetic > Extras. In there there is an option to enable multiart slideshows. More info here on getting your library set up correctly, especially for the custom art types: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=373115

There aren't any options for additional media flags beyond Studio/MPAA rating, which you can cycle through in the hidden view options menu. This is supported for List, Billboard, Showcase and Strip views, but not Grid, as there's no space for it. Then if you go to infoscreen for a movie from your library or during playback, you can see additional flags on that screen (MPAA, studio, source, video codec/HDR type, audio codec).

Tv Shows - Low res artwork in tv shows. Would like to select only high resolution
This will be a Kodi/library issue, Copacetic will just show whatever artwork you have used so I can't help here.

This is core Kodi functionality so Copacetic shouldn't have any role to play in music playback, unless you're having issues playing music from a homescreen or info screen widget or the context menu. But if it's just playing directly from your library, this is most likely a local issue on your end or like you say a problem with the latest alpha.
Thanks for your help! Awesome, well thought out skin.
Got it working on Shield using Emby as backend. Very nice. I'm really quite fond of my backdrops and this is backdrop heaven.

I have a Documentaries library in Emby (for individual docos only, not documentary series), is there a way to show it as a separate library here, they're all mixed in with movies at the moment.

Also wondering, I found the summary for movies, is there one for TV series anywhere ?

I think I read somewhere you'll be adding live TV, hope its soon...
(2023-07-24, 00:14)arrbee99 Wrote: Got it working on Shield using Emby as backend. Very nice. I'm really quite fond of my backdrops and this is backdrop heaven.

I have a Documentaries library in Emby (for individual docos only, not documentary series), is there a way to show it as a separate library here, they're all mixed in with movies at the moment.

Also wondering, I found the summary for movies, is there one for TV series anywhere ?

I think I read somewhere you'll be adding live TV, hope its soon...

Glad you had a chance to try it! Easiest way to do this is with smart playlists. I use this myself to separate kids stuff out from the rest of my tv shows/movies. If your documentaries are in a separate folder, you can create one playlist that includes just that path and one that excludes that path. THen you an add them both to the main menu, the one with the path called Documentaries and the one excluding that path called Movies, then you will be able to have them as two seperate libraries.

What do you mean by summary for movies? 

Yes plan to add live tv and gloabl search, haven't started yet tbh, just trying to ensure there are no big issues with the skin now that it's publicly available. Then I'll look into it
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Copacetic for Kodi Nexus (v20) - From the official repo0