• 4(current)
Release [obsolete - now in nightlies] Build - Dolby Vision compatibility/quality improvements
(2023-03-25, 04:09)Edworld Wrote: Chromecast with google tv.

Just reporting that with Saving Private Ryan I get flickering in opening scene.

Doesn't that issue only happen when the enhancement layer is ignored?
This build won't behave any differently because it explicitly allows to ignore the EL.

The CCwGTV should play it back without having to convert the Dolby Vision.
(2023-03-25, 04:37)quietvoid Wrote:
(2023-03-25, 04:09)Edworld Wrote: Chromecast with google tv.

Just reporting that with Saving Private Ryan I get flickering in opening scene.

Doesn't that issue only happen when the enhancement layer is ignored?
This build won't behave any differently because it explicitly allows to ignore the EL.

The CCwGTV should play it back without having to convert the Dolby Vision.
It happens with Convert Dolby Vision for compatibility unchecked
@quietvoid
Whats the latest changes today on the new version?
thx
(2023-03-30, 20:32)frodo19 Wrote: @quietvoid
Whats the latest changes today on the new version?
thx

No changes. I just built on top of master to test inputstream.adaptive Omega.
I didn't know the addon was available to install, but it is: https://jenkins.kodi.tv/blue/organizatio...artifacts/

So Netflix works as long as I install it manually, and it might be fixed eventually for built-in binary addon: https://github.com/xbmc/inputstream.adap...ssues/1200
With the last firmware in firesticks 4k max, the dolby vision compatibility does not work anymore.
(2023-04-05, 02:57)ragico Wrote: With the last firmware in firesticks 4k max, the dolby vision compatibility does not work anymore.

Works the same for me.
Fire OS 7.6.3.3 (PS7633/3445).
I reinstalled your build and now it works again. Thanks.
Short question: no issues with stuttering in this build, no issue with seeking? I had some serious issues with those "Maven builds" some people recommend...
(2023-04-05, 22:05)meccs Wrote: Short question: no issues with stuttering in this build, no issue with seeking? I had some serious issues with those "Maven builds" some people recommend...

I don't have any issue but YMMV. Depends a lot on your setup, can't guarantee.
It shouldn't be worse than regular Kodi.
I am using exclusively your kodi fork to watch 4k mkv remuxes with DoVi profile7 which are the most problematic type of files.
Since I discovered it, it changed everything, it is the only one solution on androidTV for this particular format. To be honest I still have version released on 2023-03-15 and I will stick with it since works perfect. In the latest build you have mentioned that you have modified some plugin, i don't see any purpose to try it for my needs.
I remember some years ago when I was using SPMC, a much better product compared with official kodi, a much lighter solution.
Instead of focusing on some useless plugins I think it would be much smarter to transform this fork into something similar, into a light player who can play anything.
To watch my favorite movies and tv series on my Philips OLED I usually use mixplorer (with ftp or webdav) plus justplayer and this combination is way faster compared to any kodi, either official or this one.
The only strong feature kodi have is the possibility to connect via NFS to my server, the fastest overall, no other solution can do this from what I know.
Keep up the good work and thanks one more time for this unique fork!
(2023-04-07, 22:21)salapolivalenta Wrote: I am using exclusively your kodi fork to watch 4k mkv remuxes with DoVi profile7 which are the most problematic type of files.
Since I discovered it, it changed everything, it is the only one solution on androidTV for this particular format. To be honest I still have version released on 2023-03-15 and I will stick with it since works perfect. In the latest build you have mentioned that you have modified some plugin, i don't see any purpose to try it for my needs.
I remember some years ago when I was using SPMC, a much better product compared with official kodi, a much lighter solution.
Instead of focusing on some useless plugins I think it would be much smarter to transform this fork into something similar, into a light player who can play anything.
To watch my favorite movies and tv series on my Philips OLED I usually use mixplorer (with ftp or webdav) plus justplayer and this combination is way faster compared to any kodi, either official or this one.
The only strong feature kodi have is the possibility to connect via NFS to my server, the fastest overall, no other solution can do this from what I know.
Keep up the good work and thanks one more time for this unique fork!

what a polite way to bash kodi on their own support forum
(2023-04-05, 22:26)quietvoid Wrote:
(2023-04-05, 22:05)meccs Wrote: Short question: no issues with stuttering in this build, no issue with seeking? I had some serious issues with those "Maven builds" some people recommend...

I don't have any issue but YMMV. Depends a lot on your setup, can't guarantee.
It shouldn't be worse than regular Kodi.
Works perfect so far. I hope they can implement the changes to the master builds.
Does this work well with the Ugoos AM6b+ for FEL?
(2023-04-24, 19:36)mattmarsden Wrote: Does this work well with the Ugoos AM6b+ for FEL?

no, after seeking some fel videos freezing
Thats a shame, I was hoping the work that @monsoons put in could be ported to this release.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[obsolete - now in nightlies] Build - Dolby Vision compatibility/quality improvements0