• 19(current)
Advanced Kodi Launcher - Game and Emulators frontend for Kodi
you must create either a standalone launcher, either a "classic" roms launcher by replacing roms with .lnk in folder path
I have already split in smaller collection with the same issue. Here you can see the logs

https://paste.kodi.tv/apoguveqod.kodi

Thank you for your support
Breaking updates

Take notice, I am currently rolling out new release candidates (rc) for all of the plugins. If you are using RC's through the beta repository you will be getting the updates pushed to your machine. The currently updates will have some major changes. Be patient as I am rolling out the updates for all of the AKL plugins. 

Main changes:
- AKL now has a simple "Sources" view where you can directly add and maintain ROM sources. So for all the users who dont want to deal with categories and collections, you can simply choose "Add new source" and choose your source type or add a single standalone ROM.
- All existing rom collection in your setup are now copied to Sources. The rom collections self have rulesets applied. With rulesets you can import ROMs into a collection from one or multiple sources with certain rules applied (think of playlists in Kodi). Leave the ruleset empty to import the complete source. 
- Add single ROMs from sources in either collections or categories by "Linking" a ROM.
- Launchers are now separate and can be created separate so you can reuse and associate them with collections, roms and sources.

With rolling out the RCs it will give me the room to look into current posted issues and wishes with launchers (retroarch / moonlightqt)
Breaking updates - part 2

I am rolling out more RC updates through the beta repository. If you switch to the RC version of AKL, make sure all the plugins are RC releases too. 
For those who have already installed the RC release of AKL, go to the addon settings, advanced and check database migrations. Check for all executed migrations.

- If you have just updated and installed (RC12) AKL fresh, then you can run the migrations in order if they are not already executed.
- If you have a prior RC release and the last migration (1.5 - 2) is already run, then you need to restore the database file and execute the migrations again due to migration issues in RC9 / RC10.

How to restore the database to a version prior to the upgrade?
(!! database restore is only needed if you already have executed migration 1.5.0_002 with a prior RC release than RC12 !!)

Go to the kodi directory, the userdata and then the addondata directory inside. (<kodi dir>/userdata/addon_data/plugin.program.akl).
There you will find a akl.db file and a akl.db.bak file. To be sure, make a copy of the akl.db.bak file (and akl.db file optional).
Delete the akl.db file and rename the akl.db.bak file to akl.db.
Now open up kodi, disable/enable AKL addon or restart kodi in total.
Go to addon settings, advanced and Run db migrations option. 
If not all migrations done, then execute them one by one in order of version.

Take notice that the RC versions of the addon might still have minor bugs or issues. Keep an eye out on new releases.
If you dont want the hassle, wait until the stabe full release from the stable repository.
(2024-02-29, 19:26)josemi1971 Wrote: Hello, again. I've managed to get a .exe app to run through its shortcut. But, I get the launcher menu, and I would like the program to come out directly and not the launcher menu. Can it be done? As always, thank you very much

I have the same question. I would like to launch an external program directly without opening the listing or any submenus.

Although in my case I am using AKL to launch RetroDECK from Flatpak as I am on Ubuntu running AKL from the stable repo on Nexus.
I was able to set up the launcher successfully by following the instructions on this post:
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3140139

After adding the new launcher to my favorites, I was able to also add it to my main menu.
Now i would like that to launch my application directly instead of first opening a sub-menu as it does now. 
I have the "Launch ROM directly by default on item action" in settings turned on, but this has no effect.

Thanks!
(2024-03-08, 20:34)DianeDrews Wrote:
(2024-02-29, 19:26)josemi1971 Wrote: Hello, again. I've managed to get a .exe app to run through its shortcut. But, I get the launcher menu, and I would like the program to come out directly and not the launcher menu. Can it be done? As always, thank you very much

I have the same question. I would like to launch an external program directly without opening the listing or any submenus.

Although in my case I am using AKL to launch RetroDECK from Flatpak as I am on Ubuntu running AKL from the stable repo on Nexus.
I was able to set up the launcher successfully by following the instructions on this post:

After adding the new launcher to my favorites, I was able to also add it to my main menu.
Now i would like that to launch my application directly instead of first opening a sub-menu as it does now. 
I have the "Launch ROM directly by default on item action" in settings turned on, but this has no effect.

Thanks!
Just to be clear, with the sub-menu you mean the one from AKL in Kodi itself?
Try to rebuild the views, probably the old pre-rendered view is still used with the link to the details view. That should do the trick.

Check my answer in the item above. Apply the setting and then rebuild the views. Let me know if that helps.
(2024-03-02, 01:38)Jose_Ender Wrote: I have already split in smaller collection with the same issue. Here you can see the logs

https://paste.kodi.tv/apoguveqod.kodi

Thank you for your support
Looking at your post I have a feeling that you have the webservice port issue as mentioned in this post (https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3182245).
A solution is there, the current 1.5 RC/beta releases have it already solved.
(2024-03-09, 12:05)chrisism Wrote:
(2024-03-08, 20:34)DianeDrews Wrote:

Thanks!
Try to rebuild the views, probably the old pre-rendered view is still used with the link to the details view. That should do the trick.
Yes I think so. By sub-menu I mean when I select the AKL Launcher that I have created for RetroDECK, it opens a sub-menu or info page with space for art and other information from which I must then select "Launch" to actually start RetroDECK (the other options include Trailer, Show scanned date, Edit Metadata, etc... )

I would like to eliminate the extra step and have selecting the AKL launcher start RetroDECK directly.

I have tried rebuilding the views, but the launcher behavior remains unchanged.

Thanks
(2024-03-08, 14:18)chrisism Wrote: Breaking updates - part 2

I am rolling out more RC updates through the beta repository. If you switch to the RC version of AKL, make sure all the plugins are RC releases too. 
For those who have already installed the RC release of AKL, go to the addon settings, advanced and check database migrations. Check for all executed migrations.

- If you have just updated and installed (RC12) AKL fresh, then you can run the migrations in order if they are not already executed.
- If you have a prior RC release and the last migration (1.5 - 2) is already run, then you need to restore the database file and execute the migrations again due to migration issues in RC9 / RC10.

(!! database restore is only needed if you already have executed migration 1.5.0_002 with a prior RC release than RC12 !!)

Go to the kodi directory, the userdata and then the addondata directory inside. (<kodi dir>/userdata/addon_data/plugin.program.akl).
There you will find a akl.db file and a akl.db.bak file. To be sure, make a copy of the akl.db.bak file (and akl.db file optional).

Take notice that the RC versions of the addon might still have minor bugs or issues. Keep an eye out on new releases.
If you dont want the hassle, wait until the stabe full release from the stable repository.
 Good morning,
I installed moonlight on windows, I installed the beta versions of your beta repo, but I can't figure out how to make the launcher work. Whether to just launch moonlight.exe or even better to launch the games directly.
I don't understand what I should do with the gamestream extension, when it is installed I go to AKL and if I add a launcher and click on gamestream and I get the error "Generic Failure"

It's a shame because this plugin looks amazing but I can't seem to add anything.

Could you tell me how to do it? I managed to get veldenb/plugin.program.moonlight-qt to work which is really practical on libreElec but for compatibility with the xbox wireless adapter I switch to windows (or linux if necessary)
My goal is to act as a home console to stream games from my PC.

Thank you for your answer
(2024-03-09, 23:02)DianeDrews Wrote:
(2024-03-09, 12:05)chrisism Wrote:
(2024-03-08, 20:34)DianeDrews Wrote: I have the same question. I would like to launch an external program directly without opening the listing or any submenus.

Thanks!
Yes I think so. By sub-menu I mean when I select the AKL Launcher that I have created for RetroDECK, it opens a sub-menu or info page with space for art and other information from which I must then select "Launch" to actually start RetroDECK (the other options include Trailer, Show scanned date, Edit Metadata, etc... )

I would like to eliminate the extra step and have selecting the AKL launcher start RetroDECK directly.

I have tried rebuilding the views, but the launcher behavior remains unchanged.

Thanks

Diving into this one. Not sure yet why it doesnt react to the setting.
(2024-03-19, 19:26)moi952 Wrote:
(2024-03-08, 14:18)chrisism Wrote: Breaking updates - part 2

Good morning,
I installed moonlight on windows, I installed the beta versions of your beta repo, but I can't figure out how to make the launcher work. Whether to just launch moonlight.exe or even better to launch the games directly.
I don't understand what I should do with the gamestream extension, when it is installed I go to AKL and if I add a launcher and click on gamestream and I get the error "Generic Failure"

It's a shame because this plugin looks amazing but I can't seem to add anything.

Could you tell me how to do it? I managed to get veldenb/plugin.program.moonlight-qt to work which is really practical on libreElec but for compatibility with the xbox wireless adapter I switch to windows (or linux if necessary)
My goal is to act as a home console to stream games from my PC.

Thank you for your answer

Currently it only supports Moonlight on Android and old java version of Moonlight. I am busy with getting the Moonlight QT version working. So keep an eye out in this thread for updates.
(2024-02-08, 08:43)lifeofastro Wrote: I am also have the issue with RetroArch where when clicking a ROM nothing happens. ROMs load perfectly in RetroArch itself, but in AKL nothing happens.

Please try the latest beta version of AKL if you want to launch Retroarch on windows. This version should have the correct fix.
Alright, some new updates to the beta releases.

- Latest beta version of script.akl.nvgamestream now supports Moonlight QT
- Latest beta version of script.akl.retroarchlauncher now fixes launching ROMs on Windows 

Check it out
(2024-03-28, 22:18)chrisism Wrote: Alright, some new updates to the beta releases.

- Latest beta version of script.akl.nvgamestream now supports Moonlight QT
- Latest beta version of script.akl.retroarchlauncher now fixes launching ROMs on Windows 

Check it out
Thank you for your work.

I updated but can't get anything to work.
I looked at the documentation but it's complicated.

Can you tell me how to display my moonlight games?

Thanks
  • 19(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced Kodi Launcher - Game and Emulators frontend for Kodi0