Backup stream support in m3u possible?
I have multiple source streams per channel available to me for IPTV (some paid, some free), and I'm hoping that it's possible to edit an m3u file to add "backup" streams that a player can default to if it determines that the primary stream is down. It's very annoying to have these alternate streams available but no way to use them. Is there an IPTV manager that has this feature? I just started looking into IPTV, so my basic understanding is limited. I don't mind editing the m3u file by hand. I've never done this, but I have basic scripting knowledge for various simple languages so I don't think that it will be a steep learning curve for me. I've read this guide, but it's not very comprehensive. However, this guide is over my head.

If this is not a possibility with any current IPTV manager then I think that it should become a supported feature. (I'm willing to donate to a gofundme or something to help make it happen.) The idea would be to just separate the stream links on the same line with a delimiter (like a colon) and have the IPTV manager instantly switch to the second or third stream if the first one is down or lags too much. It should create logs that the user can reference to remove stream links that show a pattern of being an issue. Even if this does not become standardized across all IPTV managers, at least one could implement it.

Also, if anyone has a link to a general (but lengthy) guide for the fundamental concepts of getting into IPTV, m3u, EPG, ect I would really like to read more into it.
Just threw KODI a $50 donation maybe that can get this post some love Big Grin
Hi,
I think that TVLink + PVR Tvlink is exactly what you are looking for.

Mod edit: deleted foreign language URL, which may violate forum rules Official:Forum rules (wiki)
Thank you for the reply but I don't speak Russian and it doesn't look like there is KODI/LibreELEC support Sad
(2023-10-04, 20:13)pope3909 Wrote: Thank you for the reply but I don't speak Russian and it doesn't look like there is KODI/LibreELEC support Sad
Hi,
For the TVLINK server there is support for LibreELEC: https://github.com/AlexELEC/LibreELEC-21
as well as setup instructions.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Backup stream support in m3u possible?0