Android HDR10 grey area instead of black
Hey Guys

Having an 5-6 years old Sony Bravia TV (Android TV app) and had no issue until the latest update (Kodi 21 Omega).
Now every HDR 10 movie which have different aspect ratio from 1.78:1 they got a grey line/area above and below the movie and if I open the menu during a running movie then the menu has lower contrast like there would be a darker/grey opacity layer covering the whole screen.
When HDR 10 is just a fallback (next to DolbyVision) then looks ok. (with disabled DV manually in the settings)
When running DolbyVision movie it has also proper picture but very very laggy.
(I had the same HDR 10 movies working properly with the earlier release of Kodi)
Not familiar with collecting logs from the TV and I will not be rechable in the next few days but if you tell me what data you need and how to collect them then I will handle it.
Already being discussed:

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3196580

And here:

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/25166
Don't forget to send Sony a nice mail ... it's once again a broken firmware, which was not fixed for over 5 years ... even Exoplayer ignored this bug as "device-specific".
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Thanks, I have tried to find similar topics but the closest one was an xbox related for me but now I see the issue, thanks again
(2024-05-09, 19:04)fritsch Wrote: Don't forget to send Sony a nice mail ... it's once again a broken firmware, which was not fixed for over 5 years ... even Exoplayer ignored this bug as "device-specific".

Yeah, I am not so happy with my sony tv recently because of other reasons too.
It started showing advertisement about buyable movies in the main menu and I cannot disable them. It is kind of ridicculus how sony dare to do this.
Also there is an HDR issue from the beginning. Sometimes starts to change between good and bad hdr color sets depends on the scene. One scene is greaner, other one is browner despite the scenes in the same " color environment" and just a device restart can fix it and just temporarily.
Well known series issues which will be fixed never I think
Just write them a nice E-Mail You are their customer, you paid them at least 1000 bucks, they should care. but that even the exxoplayer people say: Sorry, guys - move on, basically means - that someone on Sony side absolutely does not care ...
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HDR10 grey area instead of black0