Solved Error when selecting resume playback
I' am noticing an issue where I get an error message on the screen when I do a resume playback of a video whether from a listitem in my addon or directly from the Kodi library.

If I start from the beginning I do not see the error.

Here is a debug log.

One thing I notice is that it occurs with m2ts and mpeg2 files but not mkv files.

Thanks,

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.
Can you please tell how exactly (step by step, maybe screenshots) you trigger the resume? There are many ways to do this and it is important to hunt down the problem.

Also, please tell us the values of the player settings default select section and default play action.

> I get an error message on the screen when I do a resume playback of a video

Does the video resume as it should, or does it start from the beginning, btw?

The error popup seems not to come from Kodi. The title string "An error occurred:" is none of the strings included with Kodi. Could it be your add-on triggering the message? If yes, what is the reason?

Nothing of value in the log, unfortunately.
(2023-10-21, 08:23)ksooo Wrote: Can you please tell how exactly (step by step, maybe screenshots) you trigger the resume? There are many ways to do this and it is important to hunt down the problem.

Also, please tell us the values of the player settings default select section and default play action.

> I get an error message on the screen when I do a resume playback of a video

Does the video resume as it should, or does it start from the beginning, btw?

The error popup seems not to come from Kodi. The title string "An error occurred:" is none of the strings included with Kodi. Could it be your add-on triggering the message? If yes, what is the reason?

Nothing of value in the log, unfortunately.

I get the error whether I resume playback from within my addon or directly from the Kodi library. 

Here's a screenshot of launching playback.

The player settings are default.  I did a default settings just to ensure. 

Yes, the playback starts where it should and not at the beginning.  I just don't get the error when I start at the beginning.

I tried disabling my addon and it made no difference.  I didn't think it would matter since this also happens from on playback from the Kodi library per the screenshot.

I've done more testing and have a few other data points. 

• As mentioned, I am only seeing this with non-MKV files.  MKV files do not exhibit this behavior
  • I had forgotten but this has been around for awhile.  I tested with versions of Kodi 20 on the same Windows instance and see the same behavior.
  • I am only seeing this behavior on this Kodi instance running under Windows
  • I have another Windows machine running 19.3 and it does not exhibit this behavior
  • Doing the same resume playback on either LibreElec or OSMC running Kodi 20.2 does not exhibit this behavior

Based upon my testing above, if you don't see anything obvious, let me hammer on this some more before you do anything else.  It might be something unique to this one Windows instance of Kodi, since that is the only place I am seeing it.  I'll do some more testing like upgrading my other Windows Kodi 19.3 system to Kodi 20.x and higher to see if the problem appears, maybe blow away Kodi altogether on this system and do a clean installation etc. 

I won't be able to get back to this for a week or so.  I am gett8ng ready to travel this week.

I'll let you know what I find when I return.

Thanks,

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.
You have some add-ons installed which are not provided via the official kodi add-on repo. Please disable them and see what happens. I suspect one of those other add-ons causing the error popup.

Code:

2023-10-20 16:05:14.867 T:7096 info <general>: CAddonMgr::ADDON::CAddonMgr::FindAddons: plugin.program.kodiexport v1.0.0 installed
2023-10-20 16:05:14.867 T:7096 info <general>: CAddonMgr::ADDON::CAddonMgr::FindAddons: plugin.program.kscleaner v1.0.3test installed
2023-10-20 16:05:14.868 T:7096 info <general>: CAddonMgr::ADDON::CAddonMgr::FindAddons: plugin.video.nfbca v0.0.990f installed
2023-10-20 16:05:14.870 T:7096 info <general>: CAddonMgr::ADDON::CAddonMgr::FindAddons: script.song.autorating v0.0.1 installed
2023-10-20 16:05:14.870 T:7096 info <general>: CAddonMgr::ADDON::CAddonMgr::FindAddons: service.autostop v1.0.6 installed

If problem is gone after disabling them all, you could enable them one by one to hopefully identify the guilty one. :-)
(2023-10-21, 10:59)ksooo Wrote: You have some add-ons installed which are not provided via the official kodi add-on repo. Please disable them and see what happens. I suspect one of those other add-ons causing the error popup.

Code:

2023-10-20 16:05:14.867 T:7096 info <general>: CAddonMgr::ADDON::CAddonMgr::FindAddons: plugin.program.kodiexport v1.0.0 installed
2023-10-20 16:05:14.867 T:7096 info <general>: CAddonMgr::ADDON::CAddonMgr::FindAddons: plugin.program.kscleaner v1.0.3test installed
2023-10-20 16:05:14.868 T:7096 info <general>: CAddonMgr::ADDON::CAddonMgr::FindAddons: plugin.video.nfbca v0.0.990f installed
2023-10-20 16:05:14.870 T:7096 info <general>: CAddonMgr::ADDON::CAddonMgr::FindAddons: script.song.autorating v0.0.1 installed
2023-10-20 16:05:14.870 T:7096 info <general>: CAddonMgr::ADDON::CAddonMgr::FindAddons: service.autostop v1.0.6 installed

If problem is gone after disabling them all, you could enable them one by one to hopefully identify the guilty one. :-)

Actually all of those are my addons except script.song.autorating and as soon as I saw this I remembered that I had loaded this addon to help someone else debug it.  It was the culprit.  I disabled it and the problem went away.  I had totally forgotten about this.  So sorry to bother you with this but it is fixed.  We can mark this solved.

Thanks,

Jeff
(2023-10-21, 11:36)jbinkley60 Wrote:
(2023-10-21, 10:59)ksooo Wrote: You have some add-ons installed which are not provided via the official kodi add-on repo. Please disable them and see what happens. I suspect one of those other add-ons causing the error popup.

Code:

Actually all of those are my addons except script.song.autorating and as soon as I saw this I remembered that I had loaded this addon to help someone else debug it.  It was the culprit.  I disabled it and the problem went away.  I had totally forgotten about this.  So sorry to bother you with this but it is fixed.  We can mark this solved.

Thanks,

Jeff
You are welcome. It was a pleasure working with you. Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Error when selecting resume playback0