After restart all texts disappear
Hi,

I'm working with four KODI installations (1x OSMC on Rpi 3, 1x OSMC on RPi 2, 1x Libreelec on RPi 4 and 1x an addon on a Linux settopbox). All installations correspond to version 18.x.
On everey instance I have the same problem: After a restart of the underlying machine, all texts in the main menu are not shown, each panel is empty.
I can use the panaels as usal, but no text is shown there.

To solve the problem I have to leave the account and log in again. The problem appear regardless of the used account (1x Master and 2 x user accounts).

Does any body know how to fix this problem permanent?

Best regrads
Ralph
It's a known profile problem with Kodi.
That was fixed I think, I can't remember which version it should have been, so make sure everything is on v18.8
Hi,

I can confirm, that this problem only occurs, if profiles are enabled.
Is it a "Confluece-related problem" or does it appear to any skin?

@jjd-uk I'm unsin OSMC and the latest version 18.7 is installed.
It can occur with all skins, reloading the skin should be enough to fix it, there's a workaround in one of the threads.
According to https://kodi.wiki/view/Profiles#Missing_...g_profiles it should have been fixed in v18.7. Try the autoexec.py workaround mentioned there to see if that works, if it does work then maybe OSMC has something missing, if it doesn't work then maybe it's a slightly different bug.
Or the other quick way to test is to add ReloadSkin() to the keymap, for example I do skin mods so use ReloadSkin() all the time on my dev machine the modified xml files take effect, so I have the following in my keyboard.xml

xml:

<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
<f5>ReloadSkin()</f5>
<f8>Skin.ToggleDebug()</f8>
</keyboard>
</global>
</keymap>
Smile 
OohhKaayy!

After some missmatches, I managed to modify the corresponding xml file and to set the ReloadSkin() to the [BLUE] button. It was set to show the picture view and I don't need that.
It works! Smile
Pressing [BLUE] reloads the home screen and all texts appear again.

File: /usr/share/kodi/system/keymaps/remote.xml
xml:

<keymap>
<global>
<remote>
<!-- <blue>ActivateWindow(Pictures)</blue> -->
<blue>ReloadSkin()</blue>
</keyboard>
</global>
</keymap>

But this doesn't seems to be a good workaround, because I guess, I have to repeat this action after each update on each of my four instances.
Fixing this problem would be the better idea.
Big Grin

@jjd-uk: Thanks for your support

From my point of view, this thread could be closed.
Since the kepmap worked, then using the autoexec.py method pointed to on the wiki will automate the skin reload without needing any manual intervention.

Are you sure the devices are using v18.7? as it should have been fixed in that release, maybe ask on the OSMC forum. This was the fix https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/17598
This looks much better on my RPi 3, because these files (~/.kodi/...) won't be overwritten during updates.
Unfortunately it doesn't works on my RPi 2. The script won't be executed on the first login after a restart.
You can see, that it will be exceuted on every further login (2nd, 3rd, 4th...) except the first login.

Never mind the [BLUE] button solution works on the RPi 2, too. I copied the remote.xml to the ~/.kodi/usersettings/keymaps folder and linked it to each usrers profile.
So they also won't be overwritten.
This works fine.

Best regards
Ralph
(2020-09-11, 18:28)RalMun Wrote: This looks much better on my RPi 3, because these files (~/.kodi/...) won't be overwritten during updates.
Unfortunately it doesn't works on my RPi 2. The script won't be executed on the first login after a restart.
You can see, that it will be exceuted on every further login (2nd, 3rd, 4th...) except the first login.

Never mind the [BLUE] button solution works on the RPi 2, too. I copied the remote.xml to the ~/.kodi/usersettings/keymaps folder and linked it to each usrers profile.
So they also won't be overwritten.
This works fine.

Best regards
Ralph

Tried sending you a couple of messages to you about:
"Avoid the initial setup after copying a new image to my Raspberry PI  2"

But that thread is locked and Im not sure if you got the messages here so:

*That thread was indeed locked for a reason*
(edited by moderator)

If anyone wants detailed info on OSMC, they can best ask for it at the OSMC forum.
(2021-09-06, 13:12)henryjfry Wrote:
(2020-09-11, 18:28)RalMun Wrote: ...

Tried sending you a couple of messages to you about:
"Avoid the initial setup after copying a new image to my Raspberry PI  2"

But that thread is locked and Im not sure if you got the messages here so:

*That thread was indeed locked for a reason*
(edited by moderator)

If anyone wants detailed info on OSMC, they can best ask for it at the OSMC forum.
I saw them and I'll give them a try.
Thanks
Ralph

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
After restart all texts disappear0