Sound disabled when a screen in not plugged on the new Omega version
Hello everybody

I was looking to see if it happened to anyone else, since the last update of Kodi 21, the sound or music heard is disconnected when turning off the TV screen. I have a Xiaomi TV Box with an analog audio connector connected to an stereo amplifier, and I used it with the previous Kodi as a network player with the stereo, I turned off the screen and continued listening to music, or with Kore I manually change artist, etc. Now with the new version, if I turn off the television, the audio cuts out. It only happens with Kodi, since if I put a video on YouTube for example, I hear it perfectly with the TV off. Someone else with same issue? any solution?

Thanks everybody!
I just read here in a thread that some users covered pin 19 of the HDMI to avoid screen detection, if I understand correctly. I have to do the test to see if it solves the problem and does not generate other problems such as incorrect resolution detection when turning the screen on again. Also readed some about HDMI-CEC, but tried on the xiaomi tv box and enabled and disabled it makes no difference.

Although I don't understand why the HDMI deactivates the audio from the analog output only in Kodi, perhaps when it detects the screen off, Kodi closes or goes into standby mode?
Kodi cannot distinguish between analog out or HDMI out. Therefore it simply relies on the HDMI plug.

Sucks from usability pov, yes.

On my long-term road I planned to replace audio track with aaudio, which is available via NDK. Here we have a possibility to query devices and maybe also the type is available.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Thanks for answer, just tried the 19pin trick but not works all ok, music now works but if you plug the TV no signal message displayed... any other try before go back to a previous version?
Well, finally went back to the nexus 20.2, the latest one that not switchs off sound and doesn't matter if the TV is on or off, just in case can help anyone or if anyone knows any other better solution...
(2024-05-01, 13:34)ex250 Wrote: Well, finally went back to the nexus 20.2, the latest one that not switchs off sound and doesn't matter if the TV is on or off, just in case can help anyone or if anyone knows any other better solution...

I don't know what happens now, only worked 1 time, restarted to check and music off again... tried also 20.1 and nothing... it's any "easy" way to deactivate the hdmi detection?
I think that I found some way, it's a bit poor man mode, but seems to work. Just power off the tv, restart the xiaomi device with the TV off, make a blind simulation to open Kodi on mine are three clicks down and OK button, I can't find the way to "auto-launch" the Kodi app with the Google TV of the last update on the tv box.

And sound works and you can use Kore or Yatse to set your favorite music without a TV or screen.
Hi i have a very similar problem and my issue request was just closed yesterday  with no usable solution for me.

i was advised to check ”Settings -> System -> Input -> Peripherals -> CEC” where there is supposed to be options to control HDMI CEC events actions on Kodi, like pausing everything where there is no HDMI connection.

Maybe you will have some luck with your hardware . With my Nvidia Shield I have nothing in this peripherals list so I can not change anything and i guess the default value is not the one we want.

For me it has always been the same since I am using Kodi on Android.

Regards
Hello, if you read my latest posts you will see that I managed to solve it, the only thing we have to do is turn on the TV box blindly and start Kodi without the TV or screen connected, I have also tried it with a projector and it works. Place Kodi as the first application that appears in the aps list, and when restarting the TV box I counted how many clicks I had to make to select it and activate the app, in my case 3 clicks down 1 click OK. So Kodi starts without a screen and the sound works, being able to control it with Kore from the mobile.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sound disabled when a screen in not plugged on the new Omega version0