Sorting by “Last Added” no longer works.
Hello, I hope someone can and would like to help me with my problem. For a few months now, Kodi don't sort my movies correctly. I ALWAYS sort by the most recently added movies. Today I sorted by title as a test and found out, that this no longer works either. Films that start with a letter from the middle of the alphabet come first. I haven't changed anything in my system or Kodi. What information is needed, that someone can help me? Best regards!
Can you post some screenshots?
I could, of course. But from what? I mean, only from my movie list, you could not see the wrong sorting. Maybe you can explain me more, from what you could need screenshots to help me easiert. :-) Kind regards
A few things come to mind, is the side blade menu set for title? Are you excluding 'the' in advanced settings? If you enter the library are you at the top? Filtering? You can use the shift+key to swiftly jump to different areas of the library, does this work? A debug log would tell us what versions, skin and some strings. An image grab might help understand a few of these things, but from what I have, there is NO sort option by the most recently added movies in the side-blade menu. So at this point we're a little perplexed as to what view you have.

The sub menu 'recently added' is a playlist and it's structure can be modded. Smart playlists/Examples (wiki) in the advancedsettings.xml (wiki) with

<advancedsettings>
<videolibrary>
    <recentlyaddeditems>50</recentlyaddeditems>
</videolibrary>
</advancedsettings>

Or a smarplaylist like this

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="movies">
    <name>Recently added Last 52 Weeks</name>
    <match>all</match>
    <rule field="dateadded" operator="inthelast">
        <value>52 weeks</value>