Android Some Movies fron Nas stopped playing
I am using Kodi on an Nvidia Shield connected to my QNAP NAS using SMB. Everything was going
well then suddenly some of my movies would not play with the Error Message: "One or more
items failed to play". When I look in the log, I find several Error Messages: "Unable to look up host (My NAS)".
Interestingly, when I look at the log after starting some of the movies that DO play it also has some
Error Messages:" Unable to look up host", but they obviously overcome that. My NAS has a reserved IP
and the movies all play fine using VLC on my computer. I have cleared the Kodi cache on the Shield
and rebooted everything. I have no clue as to why some play and some do not. Ideas?
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Go to settings/services/SMB client and change SMB chunk size to 64 kb.  Please advise if this works.

scott s.
(2024-05-02, 08:01)scott967 Wrote: Go to settings/services/SMB client and change SMB chunk size to 64 kb.  Please advise if this works.

scott s.

Ok this works thanks very much scott s.
SMB chunk size was set to 128kb; I set it to 64kb.I left the SMB version set to 3. Is this a Kodi problem or a Shield Pro /Android problem?
Actually for 3 years I never had this problem with any Kodi version, but some people complained about this in previous versions. I wonder if something can be done once and for all, to avoid going crazy again in future versions.
Kodi is a very good, easy to use application.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Some Movies fron Nas stopped playing0