Kodi Omega crash at startup on Nvdia Shield ! Please help !
Hi Kody users / helpers.

Since omega update on my shieldtv, kodi directly freeze at startup !

No more series, no more movies to watch…

Please, please, please, is there someone who can tell me what to do in order to fix this disaster ?

Many thanks for your kind attention.

Marc
For what it's worth, I've installed v21.0 final over the top of a v19.5 install and everything migrated fine, bar a few addons which were not updated at the time.
I've also done a fresh install of v21.0 on my shields and they are also ok.
Note that I only have official addons, with one exception of Bossanova BOM weather addon/repo with extended features.
I do have about 7 Shields I maintain, but I've only tested the 2017pro and 2019pro.  Have not tested my 2019TV Tube (32bit) yet, however.  If I find a problem when I get to that, I'll post back here.

I assume you meant the tube version when you said "shieldtv"?
Hi ! Many thanks for your reply. It is not the tube version. I am a real beginner . Could tell me how to proceed to make a 21 upgrade over the 20 automatically done by android ? Thanks...
(2024-04-28, 09:11)KDMarc Wrote: Hi Kody users / helpers.

Since omega update on my shieldtv, kodi directly freeze at startup !

No more series, no more movies to watch…

Please, please, please, is there someone who can tell me what to do in order to fix this disaster ?

Many thanks for your kind attention.

Marc

Does it freeze or does it crash (and exit) on startup ?
You can still grab the log file using adbLink > 'File manager' > /sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/temp/kodi.log > Pull.
It will be in folder location found in File > Preferences > Pull.
It freezes at the omega startup screen. I tried to let it the time to start but after 3 hours nothing happened 😭
But there will be a log that might be of some use to us.
(2024-04-29, 08:21)KDMarc Wrote: Could tell me how to proceed to make a 21 upgrade over the 20 automatically done by android ? Thanks...
I believe V21 is now available via Google Play store, so it should be able to update automatically.  At least I got it pushed out to one Shield last night and it installed ok.
If that's no good, I'd take the others advice and get some logs in here, or maybe try flushing the cache (in Android app options), but not the data if you want to keep what you have.
Been using V21 release now since release on git, and it's pretty solid now.  Good luck with yours!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Omega crash at startup on Nvdia Shield ! Please help !0