Broken Selecting a big file to play crashes Kodi Omega
Hi there,

I'm encountering some difficulties with version 21.0 in dev mode on my Xbox Series X. Whenever I try to play videos larger than around 6-8GB from an online source, the video abruptly exits to the Xbox dashboard after just a few seconds. I don't think it's an encoding issue, my suspicion is that it might be related to cache or memory, but I'm not certain. I'm wondering if this is a known issue or perhaps a limitation of the hardware.

Any clarification would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
Hello,
thanks for getting back, here are the logs.

These are the settings that i'm using on the XBOX, not sure if these are adequate for KODI, please comment if they are bad:

The forum moderators have determined that banned addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.
(2024-04-24, 09:34)Hitcher Wrote: The forum moderators have determined that banned addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.

OK, I understand. Please remove the thread/logs, just need to know if XBOX settings are good to go like they are on the image?
Sorry, but we do not offer support for running Kodi in developer mode or support for pirate add-ons.

Things are very simple: Kodi v21.0 is available in "user mode". You should play a similar file locally, NFS or SMB. If you still have the crash, post a new debug log.

About Xbox "good" settings: it's very subjective. You have audio passthrough disabled. Do you want to use passthrough audio?  YES --> the setting is bad  / NO --> the setting is good

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Selecting a big file to play crashes Kodi Omega0